Escape to the Sun: Best Western Anthony, TX - Your El Paso Oasis!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the sun-drenched, oasis-vibing world of the Best Western Anthony, TX – they call it your El Paso Oasis. And let me tell you, after a few days, I needed an oasis. This ain't just a review; it's a therapy session, a comedy routine, and maybe a little bit of "should I have packed smaller suitcase?" all rolled into one.
Accessibility – The Good, The Not-So-Good, and the OMG-Did-They-Think-of-That?
Okay, let's rip the band-aid off first: accessibility. Listen, if you're really, truly counting on a place that's perfectly tailored for mobility issues, call ahead. Like, really call ahead. I didn't have any disabilities myself, but I always notice, and while they say it’s accessible and has facilities for disabled guests, always double-check. Things can get lost in translation. They do have an elevator, which is a huge win, and the exterior corridors are a plus – less fumbling in dark hallways. But I can't personally vouch for the 'perfect' accessibility.
Internet - Bless the Wi-Fi Gods!
Okay, let's be brutally honest, I need wifi. I work remotely a lot. The thought of being disconnected… sends me spinning. This gets top marks. "Free WI-FI in all rooms!" They scream, and I cheer. And yes, it's actually GOOD Wi-Fi. I didn't want to cry while uploading the video I made of me eating tacos (don't judge, research, for science!). They also have the LAN option, but who uses that anymore, right? I'm just picturing someone hunched over their ethernet cable, in 2024, and I just…laugh.
Cleanliness & Safety – Are We Safe? (Mostly, I Think?)
Right? The biggest question in the world right now. They're trying. "Anti-viral cleaning products"? Okay, cool. "Daily disinfection in common areas"? Excellent. "Rooms sanitized between stays." Good. "Rooms sanitized between stays"? Repeat after me, good. I never saw anyone sanitizing, but honestly, maybe they do it when I'm out scarfing breakfast burritos. The hand sanitizer was readily available. And the staff seemed to be following protocols. They had the masks on. And those little individually-wrapped food options… they were a comfort. Because, well, let's be real, eating a buffet right now? That's a gamble I'm not usually taking.
Dining, Drinking & Snacking – Fuel Your Desert Adventure!
Here's where it gets interesting. Okay, the "Asian breakfast" is a bit of a head-scratcher in Texas, right? But hey, options are good. The "Western breakfast" was more my speed, and the buffet… well, let's just say I saw a lot of happy people. The coffee shop was a godsend. The coffee was strong, which is what you NEED when you're on vacation and you've decided to stay up until 2 AM doing things you wouldn't normally do. There's a pool-side bar, which is essential for those desert vibes. And, bless their hearts, a snack bar. You know, for those moments when you've been hiking and suddenly realize you need an emergency bag of chips. They have a restaurant. "A la carte" and a buffet. Variety is the spice of life, people. I didn't try the Asian cuisine.
Things to Do, Ways to Relax – Oasis, Indeed?
This is the fun part! They have a pool (and it looks good enough to actually swim in!), and a pool with a view! A sauna. A spa. A gym/fitness (good for getting yourself in shape and getting those Insta pictures). They have massage! But… listen. Don't just go to the pool. The area is the key. Take a drive. Get lost on a dusty road. Go see the mountains. This is the desert, after all. They have a fitness center. But me? Massage. I got a massage. And for a blissful 60 minutes, all my stress evaporated. It was heaven. Pure, unadulterated heaven. Forget the fitness center. Just get a massage.
Services and Conveniences – The Little Things That Matter
Dry cleaning? Yes, please. Daily housekeeping? THANK YOU, angels. Concierge? Okay, cool. There's a shop! And if you need it, a car park, on-site, free of charge. The elevator? Absolutely essential! Contactless check-in/out? Yes!!! You know what I hate? Standing in line. So, win. And they do have a laundry service which is a great thing if, like me, you’re the type of person who tends to spill coffee down the front of your white t-shirt. Daily housekeeping is the stuff of legends!
For the Kids – Family-Friendly Fun?
Hey, I don’t have kids, but I saw some families. They have a babysitting service?! Whoa. And kid's meals. So, they are trying!
Available in all rooms The rooms were pleasant. Clean. The air conditioning worked. The coffee/tea maker (I used it a lot). Free Wi-Fi! The window that opens. Oh, and towels! That’s important.
Getting Around – Wheels, Wheels, Wheels!
Airport transfer! Yep. I saw a taxi service. And a car park, free of charge! So, if you have a car, it’s perfect.
My Messy Verdict and a Crazy-Good Offer!
So, Escape to the Sun: Best Western Anthony, TX – your El Paso Oasis? It's not perfect, guys. But it's good. It's got the basics covered with the added bonus of a pool, a massage, and a chance to ditch the daily grind. It's comfy. And that’s sometimes all you need.
And here's the REAL kicker…
My Offer (Because We All Know What You REALLY Want!)
Book now through [Your preferred booking link, e.g., BestWestern.com] and receive:
- A free upgrade (subject to availability): Get a possible bump up to a room with a view (I'm talking mountain views!).
- A $25 spa credit: Book a massage. Because, trust me. You need it.
- A complimentary bottle of wine: Enjoy a relaxing evening on your terrace.
- And, to top it all off, 15% off all dining throughout your stay!
Why this offer? Because you deserve to treat yourself! You deserve a break! You, my friends, deserve to escape. Anthony Texas! Your El Paso Oasis!
KL's BEST Views? Ava Empire Damansara's STUNNING High Floor Condo!Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's meticulously planned travel itinerary. We're going to Anthony, Texas, at the Best Western. And let me tell you, the West Texas wind…She whispers secrets, mostly about how much you're gonna need sunscreen.
Day 1: Arrival and the Agony of the I-10
- 1:00 PM: Arrive at El Paso International Airport (ELP). Okay, let's be honest. It's an airport. You know the drill. Get off the plane, waddle through security…the usual soul-crushing ballet. This time, it's especially soul-crushing because I'm running on about three hours of sleep and a questionable airport coffee. Pretty sure it's mostly sadness.
- 1:30 PM: Pick up rental car. Pray to the deity of your choice that they haven't given me the economy-size coffin with the tiny engine again. I need space for all my emotional baggage, and you know…actual luggage.
- Anecdote time: Last time I rented a car, the guy at the desk looked at my ID, squinted, and said, "You look like you're not sure you can handle this car." He wasn't wrong.
- 2:00 PM: The I-10. Oh, the I-10. The highway of endless horizons and existential dread. It's hot, the sun blares down like a judgmental spotlight, and you can feel the vast emptiness. I'm already questioning all my life choices, including the decision to wear a sweater. (It happens. Don't judge). The desert is stunning, though, in an "I'll kill you with my beauty" kind of way.
- 2:45 PM: Arrive at Best Western Anthony/West El Paso. Check-in is surprisingly smooth. Front desk lady has seen things. She's got that "been there, done that, got the t-shirt (probably stained)" vibe. My room…well, it's a room. Clean-ish. Let's call it "functional." The air conditioning is a godsend. I need it. Oh, do I need it.
- 3:30 PM: Unpack…mostly. Throw my stuff everywhere. I'm on vacation, not Martha Stewart. My travel companion (my brain, which is apparently also my worst enemy) is already ping-ponging between excitement and extreme cynicism. I have a strong feeling this trip will involve excessive ice cream consumption.
- 4:00 PM: Pool time! (If it's open, pray it's open) I'm not a "pool person," but I'm going to become one…right now. Just floating and staring at the sky. The sun is intense, and I feel the need to tan even though I know I will turn red like a lobster.
- Quirky observation: People in hotel pools always seem to be slightly lost. Like they're not sure how they ended up there, but they're committed. I'm on the same page.
- 6:00 PM: Dinner - Trying out a local favorite. I always get nervous about food on the first day. I am a creature of habit. I don't like too many surprises. I'm worried I will not like it.
- 7:30 PM: Wander around a bit. Get a sense of the place. I might go find a convenience store and buy a giant soda. It's a good thing I brought my big cup.
- 9:00 PM: Sink into bed. Watch TV that I've never seen before, and I'll be in a food coma by the time the credits roll.
Day 2: Border Town Bounty and the Blast Furnace
- 8:00 AM: Wake up. Coffee. Coffee. Coffee. The hotel's coffee is…fine. More sadness. But it's something.
- 9:00 AM: Explore Anthony. Not a huge place, but it has potential. Look at the landscape, the people, the quiet life.
- Emotional reaction: It's a bit stark, to be honest. The landscape is beautiful in a harsh way. I'm a city mouse, so this is a culture shock. But there's a stillness to it, a quietness that I kind of, sort of, maybe appreciate.
- 10:30 AM: Cross the border into Mexico. I'm going to Juarez. I've never done this before. I went with a group, which gave me a sense of security. I'll be honest - I was pretty nervous.
- Messy Reflection: Going to Juarez…was wild. The customs line stretched on forever. The heat was brutal. The energy was electric. I just followed the group, trying not to look too obviously like a clueless tourist. The market was a sensory overload – smells, colors, sounds…and the haggling! Oh, the haggling. I bought a ridiculously patterned blanket and felt like a seasoned traveler. I will probably regret this later.
- 1:00 PM: Lunch in Juarez. Authentic Mexican food. Seriously, the best tacos I've ever tasted. The salsa…fire. My mouth is still tingling. It was a total adventure. I felt like I'd been transported.
- 3:00 PM: Back to the Best Western. The air conditioning is my best friend right now. It's like a warm hug.
- 4:00 PM: Pool again. Contemplate life. Judge the other hotel guests.
- Opinionated Language: The pool situation is still a mixed bag. The water is lukewarm, but the sun is blasting. I've decided most people don't know how to swim.
- 6:00 PM: Find a decent restaurant for dinner. Preferably with air conditioning. And margaritas. I deserve a margarita.
- 7:30 PM: Stargazing. This part of the world has incredible skies. No light pollution. If I can find a good spot, I'll look up at the stars.
- 9:00 PM: Crash. Sleep. Maybe start reading a book.
Day 3: The Desert and Departure
- 8:00 AM: Wake up. Coffee. The hotel is starting to feel like home, in a weird way.
- 9:00 AM: Drive into the desert. Get out and walk around. The colors are stunning, but the heat is oppressive. I have no idea how life thrives out here.
- Anecdote: I was hiking a trail and I forgot to bring water…I did not learn my lesson. I got a little too hot, and I had to high-tail it to the car.
- 11:00 AM: Visit a local attraction. Like a small museum. Or maybe explore the town a little more. This is not a structured day. I'm just going to wander.
- 1:00 PM: Lunch. Something light. Something with a lot of water.
- 2:00 PM: Pack. The dreaded packing. I'm already dreading unpacking. The thought of laundry fills me with despair.
- 3:00 PM: Final swim in the pool. One last chance to soak up the sun (and the anxiety about going back to real life).
- 4:00 PM: Check out of the Best Western. I'm actually a little sad to leave.
- 4:30 PM: Drive to El Paso airport. The I-10 again. This time, it feels a little less soul-crushing. Maybe I'm just numb.
- 5:00 PM: Return the rental car.
- 6:00 PM: Wait at the gate. Reflect on the trip. I ate some good food. I saw some stunning scenery. I went to Mexico. I survived.
- Stronger emotional reaction: I'm actually going to miss this place. It's a weird little corner of the world.
- 7:00 PM: Fly home. I'll look out the window and try to make sense of it all.
Alright, that's it. My trip to Anthony. Honestly, it'll probably be a mess, full of unexpected adventures and existential questions. Hopefully, I'll come back with a few good stories, a bad sunburn, and a renewed appreciation for air conditioning. Wish me luck!
Escape to Dayton: Luxurious Stay at Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton-Airport!So, "Escape to the Sun"... Sounds pretty dramatic. Is it REALLY an oasis?
Okay, okay, *oasis* might be overselling it a *tiny* bit. Let's be real, it's not like you're stumbling out of the desert, delirious from thirst, and BAM! Palm trees and a sparkling pool. (Though, the pool *is* nice.) Look, it's a Best Western. It's *pleasant*. It's clean(ish). It's a decent refuge after a long drive, especially after, you know, that awful stretch of I-10 that makes you question all your life choices. I will say this though, after the drive, the pool is the closest thing to paradise. Honestly, after being in a car for hours, any body of water is an OASIS.
Is it *really* in Anthony, TX? Because my GPS seems to hate Anthony.
Yep, dead on, that is where you find it. Anthony, TX. Look, honey, Anthony's a lovely little border town, so before you start complaining about the location, remember it beats the alternative, you know, the ACTUAL DESERT. My GPS has a mind of its own like a teenager, it's always trying to take you on a scenic route through the backwoods. (Trust me, don't trust it. Just follow the hotel's directions. You'll find it.) Just try not to get distracted by the amazing-looking Mexican food smell as you drive through. I'm saying, plan ahead people!
What's the deal with the pool? Because, let's be honest, that's a *huge* selling point for me.
The pool…oh, the pool. Alright, the pool is, hands down, the best thing about this place. It’s not Olympic-sized, mind you. It's maybe just big enough to lazily float around and pretend you're not a stressed-out adult. And the water is usually a good temperature, not icy cold. BUT, and this is a BIG but… sometimes, the kids. Sweet, lovely, energetic children! They're adorable, I mean it, but after a while, all the splashing and the joyful screaming can get a bit much, especially if you're trying to read your book. My advice? Go early. Or, if you are like me and are a night owl, go for a dip when the sun is setting. Seriously, pure bliss. But, fair warning, once I saw a kid trying to use the hot tub as a toilet. I wasn't thrilled, let me tell you.
The breakfast. Tell me the truth. Is it just sad, pre-packaged pastries?
Okay, real talk time. The breakfast is... *serviceable*. Don't go expecting a gourmet brunch spread. You'll find your standard hotel fare: cereal, some sad-looking fruit, maybe some overly-processed scrambled eggs (sometimes, bless them, they make waffles, but it's a gamble.) The coffee? Well, it's free. And it *is* coffee. Let's just say it's probably not winning any awards. BUT, and this is a huge BUT, after a night on the road, with maybe a little *too* much celebratory tequila (again, those amazing Mexican restaurants!), *any* breakfast is a gift from the gods. It'll fill the void, and hey, it's free. Just don't expect miracles. Also, try the breakfast burritos! They are not always available and I swear they're made for a different hotel, but when you can get em, you will understand what I mean.
The rooms. Are they... clean, at least? I have a phobia.
Generally, yes. The rooms are usually CLEAN. I mean, Best Westerns are hardly the Ritz, but the rooms are usually clean. They're certainly not *filthy*. I have a very low tolerance for hotel room nastiness, the kind that makes you want to sleep on top of all the duvets, and I've been... mostly... comfortable. The linens are usually fresh, the bathrooms are okay. My only complaint is the decor is that it can feel a little... dated. Expect muted tones, maybe some dated artwork. But hey, you're not there for the art, right? You're there for the escape, the pool... the free coffee. I do suggest bringing a blacklight flashlight, you know, to be sure? Don't worry, I'm paranoid too.
Is it loud? I crave silence... and possibly a coma.
Okay, so the noise level... that's a gamble. It depends. If you get a room near the highway, you'll hear the rumble of trucks. If you're near the pool, like I said, there's the joyous screaming children. I suggest asking for a room away from both. Earplugs are your friend. Always pack earplugs. Actually, pack two pairs. One for real life and one for the, you know, hotel.
Parking? Is it plentiful? Because I'm not walking a mile with a suitcase.
Parking is usually plentiful. Seriously. You'll be fine. Unless there's some HUGE convention going on (and let's be honest, you're probably not *that* exciting), you'll be able to find a spot right in front of your room. Which, after a long drive, is a godsend. My only complaint? Sometimes people park like they've never seen a parking space before. But hey, that's life.
Okay, final verdict. Would you recommend it? Be honest!
Look, "Escape to the Sun" at the Best Western in Anthony, TX, isn't going to win any awards for luxury. But, in this world of high prices, what do you really expect? But as a clean, comfortable, decently price place to crash after days of driving or simply exploring El Paso? Yeah, I'd recommend it. It's a solid, reliable option. It's clean(ish), the pool is great, the staff is generally friendly. Would I choose it over, I don't know, The Four Seasons? Absolutely not. Would I choose it over sleeping in my car? 100% Yes. So, yeah, it’s a good choice. Go for it! And if you see me there, at the pool, with the earplugs… well, come on over and say hi. Maybe we can complain about the kids together. Cheers!