Coeur d'Alene Getaway: Unbelievable Deal at Best Western Plus!

Best Western Plus Coeur d'Alene Inn Coeur D'Alene (ID) United States

Best Western Plus Coeur d'Alene Inn Coeur D'Alene (ID) United States

Coeur d'Alene Getaway: Unbelievable Deal at Best Western Plus!

Coeur d'Alene Getaway: Best Western Plus - Is This Deal REALLY Unbelievable? (My Honest Review!)

Alright, folks, buckle up. I just got back from a stay at the Coeur d'Alene Getaway: Best Western Plus, and let me tell you, the "Unbelievable Deal" part got me interested. I went in skeptical, but let's be real, who doesn't love a good bargain? Here's the raw, unfiltered truth, warts and all, with some SEO sprinkles thrown in to help you decide if this getaway is right for you.

First Impressions & Accessibility (and the Eternal Elevator Challenge)

Okay, so the accessibility angle is crucial for me these days. I'm not a wheelchair user myself, but I'm always looking out for folks who are. The Best Western Plus thankfully does have an elevator (phew!). I mean, imagine lugging luggage up four flights…no thanks! I saw facilities for disabled guests mentioned, but I didn't specifically scope them out, so call and directly to the hotel to verify all of their accessibility.

Internet: The Modern-Day Bread and Butter

Internet access is non-negotiable, people! And thankfully, the Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! was legit. That's a huge win, especially when you're trying to escape the real world (or, you know, desperately need to upload pictures of your perfectly plated breakfast). I did have a brief flirtation with Internet [LAN] – I guess you could plug in. But honestly, who uses a LAN cable anymore? Still, it's there if you're old school. Wi-Fi in public areas… worked fine too. No major complaints on the connectivity front.

Cleanliness and Safety: Breathing Easier (Hopefully)

This is where things get interesting in the post-pandemic world. The cleanliness and safety protocols were visibly present. I saw the Daily disinfection in common areas, which is reassuring. I was happy to see Hand sanitizer stations everywhere. The Rooms sanitized between stays, and the staff's Staff trained in safety protocol certainly boosted my confidence. The Anti-viral cleaning products claim also gave me the warm fuzzies, I'm not going to lie. I didn't see any Sterilizing equipment but everything was good.

The Dining Dilemma: Buffet Bliss or Breakfast Blunders?

Alright, let's talk food. This is where the experience got a little…mixed. You've got options! The Breakfast [buffet] was a solid bet. The Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, and Western cuisine in restaurant options were available. I am an easy person to please! I also enjoyed the Breakfast service (a must). There were also A la carte in restaurant options, but I stuck with the buffet. There's even a Coffee shop on site, which is crucial for this caffeine addict!

Now, the Snack bar was a godsend. Need a quick fix? They got you. I did spot a Poolside bar which sounded amazing, but, well, more on that later…

Things to Do & Ways to Relax: Promises, Promises…

The website touted a whole bunch of ways to unwind. The Swimming pool [outdoor] looked inviting, but I didn't actually take the plunge (more on that later). There's also a Fitness center if you feel the need to atone for your breakfast sins, and if your feeling extra pampered there are Massage, Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath, Sauna, and Spa options.

The "Unbelievable Deal" Pitch: The Juicy Bits & My Take

Here's the deal, folks: this Best Western Plus in Coeur d'Alene tries to be all things to all people. They've got a lot on offer. The sheer volume of amenities is impressive. It's the kind of place that promises a fantastic trip.

So, is the "Unbelievable Deal" actually believable? Well… it depends.

My Honest Anecdote & Verdict

It all sounds great, right? Almost too good to be true. OK, real talk. This is where things get a little "meh" for me. The thing about a Best Western Plus is that it is a Best Western Plus. It's not the Ritz. It's not the Four Seasons. It's… well, it's reliable. Clean. Competent. But it's not going to blow your mind, or sweep you away with lavish luxury.

I had a small incident, the pool! Now in theory they had the Swimming pool [outdoor] and you could relax! However, I was really looking forward to a swim to the pool only to find it was closed on the day I wanted to it (I blame bad luck). I was disappointed, but mostly because I really just wanted to relax!

The Verdict:

Here's the bottom line. If you're after a solid, comfortable base for exploring Coeur d'Alene, with a good range of amenities, and a price tag that won't break the bank, then the Best Western Plus is a perfectly acceptable choice. It's especially good for families with the Family/child friendly stuff.

SEO Keywords for the Win!

Here's the SEO breakdown to get you found:

  • Coeur d'Alene Hotels
  • Best Western Plus Coeur d'Alene
  • Coeur d'Alene Getaway
  • Hotel Deals Coeur d'Alene
  • Coeur d'Alene Accessibility
  • Best Western Plus Review
  • Coeur d'Alene Family Hotels
  • Things to do Coeur d'Alene

Final Thoughts:

This hotel delivers on its promises. Its a solid choice for a budget-friendly Coeur d'Alene getaway. That "Unbelievable Deal" might be a stretch but you won't be disappointed if you manage your expectations!

Escape to Comfort: WoodSpring Suites Murfreesboro - Your TN Getaway!

Book Now

Best Western Plus Coeur d'Alene Inn Coeur D'Alene (ID) United States

Best Western Plus Coeur d'Alene Inn Coeur D'Alene (ID) United States

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into my (attempted) glorious Coeur d'Alene adventure. Forget perfect Instagram feeds, this is the real deal, warts and all, from a stay at the Best Western Plus Coeur d'Alene Inn. Let's see if I even make it out sane…

Coeur d'Alene Chaos: A Travelogue of Imperfection

Day 1: Arrival and the Great Room Debacle

  • 10 AM: The Drive From Hell (aka, Spokane) Seriously, why did I think this was a good idea? Traffic was a nightmare, the GPS kept losing its mind, and I was pretty sure I saw a tumbleweed roll across the highway (okay, maybe not, but it felt that desolate). Arrived at the Best Western, smelling vaguely of stale coffee and regret.
  • 11 AM: Check-in and Room Revelation: "Welcome!" the front desk guy chirped. Charming, I thought, until I got the room key. My mental image of a cozy getaway crumbled upon entering a room that felt…well… functional. It's clean, sure, but let's be honest, "plus" is stretching it. The view is of the parking lot. Sigh. The first bummer of the trip.
  • 11:30 AM: The Great Room Dilemma. (or the "Why is this always a mess?" section.) First of all, the air conditioning is loud. Like, REALLY loud. Secondly, there's a crack in the bathroom tile, and the showerhead squirts water in four different directions at once. And the "free" Wi-Fi is slower than dial-up back in the day! I'm starting to think I need a drink. A very strong drink.
  • 1 PM: Lunch Debacle: Found a nearby lunch place. The menu seemed great. Ordered a salad and some fish. The salad had way more dressing than you can ever possibly need, and the fish… let's call it "underseasoned." Maybe I'm just hungry. Yes, definitely only hungry.
  • 2:30 PM: (attempting) Downtown Exploration The sunshine is nice, but the crowds are… a lot. Strolled around, admired the lake. Saw the famous floating green, which, frankly, looks pretty impressive. Maybe I should've brought my clubs.
  • 4:30 PM: Lakeside Drinks and Existential Dread Found a bar with a lake view. Ordered a Bloody Mary (needed the spice). Watched the boats go by. Started thinking about my life choices. Is this what mid-life is supposed to feel like?
  • 6 PM: Dinner at Beverly's (or, "Is this pretentious or delightful?") The restaurant at the Coeur d'Alene Resort. Finally a fantastic meal! But, the bill…yikes!
  • 8 PM: Back to the Room and the Sweet Embrace of Mediocrity. Watched some terrible TV. The bed is comfy, though. That's a win, right?

Day 2: Lake, Hiking, and Hangry Moments

  • 7 AM: Breakfast (Or, "Why Am I Suddenly So Hungry?") The "complimentary" breakfast at the Best Western. Standard fare: eggs, waffles, the usual suspects. But the coffee is surprisingly decent. A small victory!
  • 8:30 AM: Hiking the Tubbs Hill Trail. I actually did it! Beautiful views, fresh air, and the satisfaction of not tripping over my own feet. I did feel a moment of peace. A true escape.
  • 11 AM: Lake Coeur d'Alene Boat Tour (or, "I Got Some Sun!") The boat tour was okay. Kind of slow, and I did get a bit bored. But the lake is gorgeous – the color of the water is unreal. And it's hard to complain about sunshine on your face.
  • 1 PM: The "Hangry" Strikes. I forgot to pack a snack, and you know what happens when a traveler gets hangry. The downtown "marketplace" was crowded and disappointing, except the ice cream.
  • 2:30 PM: "The Perfect Picture" Attempts: Tried to capture the perfect shot of the lake. Three hundred photos later… got one passable one. The struggle is real, people.
  • 4 PM: Shopping (or, "Did I Really Need Another Souvenir Mug?") Found a quirky little shop full of local crafts. Bought a mug. Because, why not?
  • 6 PM: Dinner Mishap? Was supposed to be a fancy dinner at another restaurant. But they were booked. Went to a bar. The beer was good. The food was, well, forgettable.
  • 8 PM: Early Bedtime (or, "I'm Officially Old") Back at the Best Western. Exhausted. Watched TV. Already.

Day 3: Farewell and Figuring out Where to Go Next

  • 8 AM: Another Breakfast - The Routine Honestly, the breakfast is starting to grow on me. Either that, or I'm just getting used to the mediocrity.
  • 9 AM: Final Walk, Reflections One last stroll around the lake. Thinking about the trip. The highs, the lows, the awkward encounters.
  • 10 AM: Check out, The Verdict Overall, would I recommend the Best Western? It's fine. It's clean (mostly). It's conveniently located. But it's not a destination in itself. Definitely needed a better room. Would I come back to Coeur d'Alene? Absolutely. There's something about this place.
  • 10:30 AM: The Drive Home Traffic is a little less terrible. Maybe I've adjusted. I think I needed this trip. Now to start planning the next one!
  • 12 PM: I'M HOME!

Post-Trip Thoughts:

Coeur d'Alene is beautiful. Best Western… well, it served its purpose. Next time, might splurge on a better hotel room! Maybe. Or maybe embrace the glorious mess of it all. Either way, I'll be back. Maybe. Probably. Who knows. Until the next adventure!

Escape to Paradise: Ibis Styles Konstanz Awaits!

Book Now

Best Western Plus Coeur d'Alene Inn Coeur D'Alene (ID) United States

Best Western Plus Coeur d'Alene Inn Coeur D'Alene (ID) United States

Coeur d'Alene Getaway: Best Western Plus - The Truth (and Maybe a Few Tears)

Okay, so you're looking at that "Unbelievable Deal" at the Best Western Plus in Coeur d'Alene? Smart. But before you dive in headfirst, let's get REAL. I've been there. I've done the getaway. And honey, let me tell you, it's not ALWAYS sunshine and lake views. Sometimes it's just... well, a motel room with a slightly wonky bathtub. But good news - sometimes, it really IS as amazing as the brochure makes it seem. Buckle up, buttercup. Prepare for the emotional rollercoaster.

Is this *really* a good deal? Like, REALLY good?

Alright, let's get down to brass tacks, the money. The deal itself? Generally, yes. They *usually* run pretty competitive prices, especially when you factor in breakfast and a pool (more on the pool later... shudder). But here's the catch: read the fine print! I once scored a screaming deal, only to find out it was a "view of the parking lot" room. And let me tell you, that parking lot had a seriously active cigarette-smoking habit. So, scan for things like Resort Fees, which can sneak up on you faster than a rogue seagull after your french fries. And definitely check the cancellation policy. Life, as they say, happens. And sometimes, that means your getaway gets, well, away.

What's the deal with the breakfast? Is it worth getting out of bed for?

Breakfast. Ah, the ultimate litmus test of a hotel. The Best Western Plus, at least the one I stayed at, it was... fine. Let's be honest, we're not talking Michelin-starred cuisine here. We're talking the usual suspects: waffles (sometimes crispy, sometimes suspiciously rubbery), sad-looking scrambled eggs (could be real!), questionable sausage (sometimes it IS, sometimes it… isn't), and cereal. The coffee, however, was the real hero. I spent an entire morning wrestling with that waffle maker. It spat out what looked like burnt hockey pucks. I emerged, defeated but caffeinated. The coffee? Solid. A small victory. Consider it a fuel-up for your day of lake adventures. Or at least enough to get you through checking out. Don't expect gourmet, but don't expect to starve either. And for heaven's sake, grab some of those little yogurt parfaits. They're the only things that consistently make me feel like I'm living my best life.

Okay, the pool... what's the pool *really* like?

The pool... Ah, the pool. This is where things get dicey. Let's just say, the pool can vary wildly depending on the time of year and the general level of chaos. I've seen it glorious, shimmering under sunlight, a perfect oasis. And I've seen it...greenish. Yes, greenish. Once, my friend Sarah fell in and emerged looking like a swamp creature. I swear I heard a frog croak as she surfaced. So, before you go, ask about the pool's current "health." Seriously. And pack a towel. And maybe some hazmat gear. Just kidding… mostly. Even in its less-than-pristine state, it's fun. Unless you are a germophobe. Avoid kids at all costs; they are the source of all pool woes.

Is the location good? Like, can I actually *walk* to stuff?

Location, location, location! That's what matters. The Best Western Plus is *usually* pretty well-situated. It's likely a reasonable drive to the lake, the shops, the restaurants, and all the CDA goodness. Some are super walkable, some require the car, depends on the specific location. Be sure to check the reviews for specifics on the hotel you're considering. Is it *right* on the lake? Probably not. But is it *close enough* to make lake life accessible? Most likely. I once stayed in a place practically on the beach, and it was amazing, but the price tag made me cry. So, compromise, my friend. Compromise. Check a map. See what's nearby. And remember, even a short drive is better than, you know, a long drive. Consider it a small price to pay for a getaway.

What about the rooms? Clean? Dated? Haunted?

The rooms... here's the deal. It's a *Best Western Plus*. So, you're not going to find a luxurious penthouse suite, and you likely won't find a creepy, abandoned room. Think clean-ish, functional-ish. The decor? Well... it tends to vary wildly. I remember one room had this atrocious floral wallpaper that gave me a headache. Make sure you're looking at modern pictures from the hotel itself. Check recent reviews for specific complaints about cleanliness. The bed? Probably comfy enough. The bathroom? Functioning. The overall vibe? "Acceptable." Listen, you're there to enjoy Coeur d'Alene, not to live in the hotel room! As long as you've got a clean bed and a functioning toilet – and that coffee in the morning! – you're golden.

Any tips for making this getaway a success?

Okay, here's my survival guide. First, manage your expectations. It's not the Ritz. Secondly, read recent reviews! Seriously, people will tell you *everything*. Things like "parking is a nightmare" or "the air conditioning sounds like a jet engine." Third, pack smart. Bring comfortable shoes (you'll be walking!). Layers (the weather can be unpredictable). And, most importantly, a good book. Because even the most amazing getaway can have a few, shall we say, *downtimes*. And finally, have fun! Embrace the imperfections. Laugh at the slightly-off breakfast. And remember, you're in Coeur d'Alene! It's beautiful. You're escaping your normal life. Even the slightly wonky pool can't ruin that. Maybe bring some good earplugs...

Backpacker Hotel Find

Best Western Plus Coeur d'Alene Inn Coeur D'Alene (ID) United States

Best Western Plus Coeur d'Alene Inn Coeur D'Alene (ID) United States

Best Western Plus Coeur d'Alene Inn Coeur D'Alene (ID) United States

Best Western Plus Coeur d'Alene Inn Coeur D'Alene (ID) United States