Lake Lucille Inn: Wasilla's BEST-KEPT Secret! (Stunning Views!)
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the, and I quote, "BEST-KEPT SECRET!" – Lake Lucille Inn in Wasilla! Get ready for a review that's less "polished travel brochure" and more "drunkenly scribbled postcard." I'm gonna be brutally honest here.
First, the Big Picture: Wasilla, Really? (And Why This Place Works)
Look, let's be honest: "Wasilla" doesn't exactly scream "glamour." It's… Wasilla. Home of Sarah Palin and… well, you get the point. But here's the thing: Lake Lucille Inn somehow transcends that. It's nestled right on the edge of the lake, and the views? Holy. Freaking. Moly. We're talking postcard-worthy sunsets, snow-capped mountains in the distance (when the weather cooperates, naturally!), and a feeling of… well, real Alaska. You know, the kind you see on the Discovery Channel, minus the grizzlies trying to break into your room (thank goodness!).
Accessibility: A Mixed Bag, But…
Okay, let's get the serious stuff out of the way. Accessibility is a mixed bag, and I'm not a professional reviewer, so I can't give definitive ratings. From what I saw, there are facilities for disabled guests, including an elevator (thank god!), but I'm not sure how extensive. There's a lot of walking, and some areas might be tricky. They do have a car park, and it's free, which is a huge win. They are also offering a car power charging station!
Cleanliness and Safety: Phew! They’re Trying!
Alright, let's be real. Covid has changed the game. The Lake Lucille Inn is clearly trying. They have anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, and staff trained in safety protocol. They even offer room sanitization opt-out (which is good, because some of us are super-germaphobes, and some of us just want a clean room!). They also have a First aid kit and Hand sanitizer. It's reassuring to see, y'know? I mean, I saw staff wiping down surfaces constantly, and that felt… comforting. They're even using the Individually-wrapped food options.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Food Glorious, Messy Food!
Okay, the food. This is where things get interesting. They have restaurants on site, with a la carte options, and yes, even a…wait for it… Asian cuisine restaurant! (Who knew Wasilla was so worldly?). Coffee/tea in restaurant. The big winner here is the breakfast buffet. Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service. Look, it's not Michelin-star material, but it's hot, it's plentiful, and it's there… and sometimes, that's all you need after a night of… well, let's just say a night of enjoying the Alaskan air!. The Poolside bar is great for the view. I saw many people enjoying the Poolside bar. They even offer, like, a snack bar for those late-night munchies. Salad in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Soup in restaurant. The important thing is, there's something for everyone. Don't forget the happy hour! Happy hour!
Things to Do, Ways to Relax: Ah, The Bliss! (Maybe?)
The best part about Lake Lucille Inn is the idea of relaxation, right? They have an outdoor swimming pool, which I'll admit, looked positively inviting! Swimming pool [outdoor], Pool with view, Swimming pool. They also have a sauna, a spa, and they say they have a spa/sauna. Spa, Spa/sauna, Sauna. I didn't see anyone in the steamroom, but it's there if you’re into that whole experience. If you're into body scrubs, body wraps, and massages, they can offer them with a visit to the gym. They are also equipped with a fitness center, gym/fitness. They even offer a foot bath! I like the idea of a foot bath. They also have a terrace, so you can enjoy the fresh air.
Rooms: Cozy, But… (Here Comes the Honesty)
Okay, the rooms. They're… fine. They’re clean, and they have all stuff you'd need: Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, In-room safe box, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Satellite/cable channels, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens. They're not exactly palatial, but they're comfortable and come with a view of some sort. I have no idea how high the floor was, or if it was a high floor, but I assume. If I am to complain with is the internet. While they advertise Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!, and Internet access – wireless, the speeds weren't the greatest.
Quirks and Rambles
- The "Lake View": They're not kidding. The lake view is stunning, especially at sunset. Pack some wine and just… stare. You won't regret it.
- The Staff: Generally friendly and helpful, but sometimes you can tell they're… well, in Wasilla. Don't expect the Ritz-Carlton level of fawning. But they were always accommodating.
- The Gift Shop: Typical hotel gift shop, but with some genuinely cute Alaskan-themed souvenirs. I got a t-shirt that says, "I Survived Wasilla." (Totally kidding! I like it here.)
- The "Proposal Spot": I don't know where it is, but apparently, they have one. So, if that's your kind of thing…
- The Noise: The soundproofing isn't perfect. You might hear your neighbors laughing, especially if they've been to the bar.
- The Temperature: The Alaskan weather is unpredictable. But the rooms offer a heater/air conditioner.
Getting Around: It's a Drive, Folks!
Okay, Wasilla isn't exactly a bustling metropolis. You're gonna need a car. They offer car parking, car park [free of charge], car park [on-site]. Unfortunately, public transportation is… well, let's just say it's not the easiest. So, plan on driving. They also have airport transfer and may offer bicycle parking.
Amenities & Other Services: They've Got You Covered (Mostly)
They provide daily housekeeping, dry cleaning, laundry service, and ironing service. I’m guessing some of the stuff will cost you. They have a convenience store, so I can find the basics. The offer currency exchange. Cash withdrawal and concierge services.
The Final Verdict: Go, You Crazy Kids!
Lake Lucille Inn is not perfect. But it's charming, it's comfortable, and the views are insane. It's a great base for exploring the Mat-Su Valley or just a quiet getaway. It's a place where you can actually unplug (minus the sometimes-iffy Wi-Fi) and experience the real Alaska.
The Offer You Can't Refuse! (Because Seriously, You Should Go!)
Escape to Wasilla! Experience Breathtaking Views & Refreshing Relaxation at Lake Lucille Inn!
Tired of the same old vacation routine? Craving adventure and stunning scenery? Then it's time to discover Lake Lucille Inn, Wasilla's best-kept secret!
Here's what awaits you:
- Unforgettable Views: Wake up to the beauty of Lake Lucille and the stunning Alaskan mountains. Imagine sipping your coffee on your balcony, watching the sunrise paint the sky with vibrant colors!
- Cozy Comfort: Relax in comfortable rooms, complete with all of the essentials. Unwind with the amenities. The rooms equipped with Air conditioning, hair dryer, ironing facilities and free Wi-Fi!
- Rejuvenate Your Body and Soul: Dive into the outdoor swimming pool or unwind in the sauna. Want something even more? Try their body scrubs or a massage.
- Delicious Dining: Savor tasty dishes at our on-site restaurant. Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service is also available.
- Stay Connected (Sort of): Enjoy free Wi-Fi (though, let's be honest, you'll want to unplug).
For a limited time, we're offering a special deal to get you here!
- Book your stay by [Date] and get [Discount/perk, e.g., 15% off your room rate, a free breakfast buffet, an extra night free]!
- Use code [Promo Code] at checkout to redeem your offer!
**Don't miss out on this chance to experience the REAL Alaska! Book
Columbus's BEST Kept Secret? This Econo Lodge Will SHOCK You!Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this ain't your grandma's itinerary. This is… my Alaskan adventure, and frankly, it's already a bit of a mess. We're talking Best Western Lake Lucille Inn in Wasilla, Alaska, and I'm hoping (praying, actually) I don't end up wrestling a grizzly in the lobby. Day 1: Arrival, Anxiety, and Asparagus Fear
Morning (ish - let's be honest, travel days are a time warp): Arrive at Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport (ANC). Okay, first hurdle: surviving the flight. I’m a nervous flyer. I'm pretty sure I single-handedly kept a JetBlue flight aloft once by sheer willpower. Grab my rental car– a sensible (read: boring) SUV. Driving in Alaska, especially for a city slicker like me, feels like a scene from a survival movie.
Mid-Afternoon: Drive to Wasilla. The scenery hits you like a slap in the face – in a good way. Mountains? Check. Glaciers gleaming in the distance? Check. Me drooling and snapping photos like a deranged tourist? Double check. The drive is a blur of “wow, holy crap” and “is that a moose?!” (still haven't seen one in the flesh)
Late Afternoon: Check into the Best Western Lake Lucille Inn. The room… is… fine. Standard hotel room. But hey, it's clean, has a view of the lake, and the bed doesn't look like it's plotting to swallow me whole, so I'll take it. Let's get real, am I even going to spend that much time in the room? I feel like the whole point of being here is to not be there.
Evening: Dinner at… well, this is where it gets dicey. I'd planned a fancy place based on reviews, but I'm so exhausted from the flight, the drive, and the sheer, overwhelming beauty of Alaska that I'm pretty sure I'll spontaneously combust if I have to put on real pants. So, I'm ordering room service, mainly because, if I’m honest, there's a very strong chance I'll want to curl up in a ball and listen to nothing by country music; so its just going to be the hotel restaurant. Now, the menu involves asparagus. What is with the asparagus obsession here? Is this a thing in Alaska? Should I be afraid? I have a complicated relationship with asparagus. It's a vegetable that, frankly, should be avoided.
Day 2: Lake Lucille, Kayaking, and a Moose-Related Meltdown
Morning: Coffee on the balcony, staring at Lake Lucille. It's ridiculously peaceful, which is both wonderful and slightly terrifying. I'm not used to this level of tranquility. I feel a strong urge to hum a show tune. The urge is ignored.
Mid-Morning: Kayak rental! This is where things get… interesting. I'm not the most coordinated person. My kayaking skills are roughly equal to those of a startled sea otter. I managed to get IN the kayak, and then realized I had absolutely no idea how to steer. Ended up paddling in circles for a solid 15 minutes, bumping into reeds and looking like a complete fool.
Lunch: Back at the hotel. Feeling a little shaky after the kayaking debacle. I'd packed a sandwich, which I've just realized I had no condiments for. (I am THAT person.)
Afternoon: Hiking! I chose a 'beginner's trail'. I am a beginner. The trail's described as “easy” with “gentle slopes.” Lies. All lies. I walked into a bog. (I, apparently, attract bog-like situations.) I see a moose. A REAL moose. I'd been waiting the entire trip to see a moose, and when I get my wish, I freak out. I mean, full-on, cartoon-style shriek and run into the middle of the woods. I’m pretty sure the moose was more startled than I was. (I’m also pretty sure I lost my composure and my phone. Don't ask.)
Evening: Dinner. I'm craving real food, and I'm not willing to mess around. I got this. I found a restaurant. The food? Amazing. The company (myself)? Questionable.
Day 3: Museum Meanderings and a Hail Mary Laundry Attempt
Morning: The Museum! The Iditarod Headquarters Museum! I’ve never been super into sled dogs, but this place is genuinely fascinating. I got a surprisingly strong emotional response to a display about the dogs. I may have even shed a tear or two. (Don’t judge me! It was the stories!) This place is really well done. It leaves you with a profound respect for the animals.
Lunch: Quick bite near the museum. Decent, standard issue food.
Afternoon: Laundry. I’m already running low on clean clothes. This is where things get REALLY messy. I feel like the hotel laundry is the laundry equivalent of Russian roulette.
Evening: Dinner. A calmer, more relaxed meal. (Although, I'm still a little jumpy from the moose incident.)
Day 4: Farewell - I Think?
Morning: Last breakfast at the hotel. Reflecting on this crazy experience. I’ve survived (barely). I’ve seen incredible things. I’ve acted a fool. Wouldn’t change a thing.
Mid-Morning: Drive back to the airport.
Afternoon: Fly home. Probably spend the entire flight planning my return.
Final Thoughts (or Ramblings):
This trip wasn't all sunshine and rainbows. There were moments of sheer panic, clumsy mishaps, and questionable food choices. But it was my trip, and that's what made it special. Alaska is wild. Alaska is beautiful. And it's the messiest, most wonderful kind of adventure, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Also, Alaska, please forgive my asparagus-related prejudice. I'm sure some of it is delicious in the context of Alaska. And maybe, next time, I'll try to find that moose. (From a safe distance, of course.)
Kuantan's BEST Seaview Luxury Studio: 4 Guests, Unbeatable Views!Lake Lucille Inn: Is This REALLY Wasilla's Hidden Gem? (Spoiler Alert: Maybe!)
Okay, spill the tea. What's the *deal* with "Stunning Views" at Lake Lucille Inn? Are we talkin' Insta-worthy or... Meh?
Alright, let's be honest. The views? They're... good. Really good. Like, if you're used to looking at a strip mall, prepare to have your eyeballs adjusted. You've got Lake Lucille sprawled out, the Chugach Mountains looming in the background... it's postcard material, no lie. I swear I saw a bald eagle swoop down and snatch a fish right off the lake – that was the first *holy crap* moment. It’s absolutely stunning in the golden hour, when the sun’s dipping and everything turns that orangey-pink. That said... it *is* Lake Lucille. So temper your expectations. It’s not, like, the Grand Canyon. But for Wasilla? For Alaska? Yeah, it's pretty darn spectacular. I spent a solid hour just staring out the window the first time, mouth agape. My husband, bless his soul, just sighed and started making coffee. "Beautiful," he mumbled, "but you've been here for five minutes. Gonna need more than a view to keep you entertained, eh?" He knows me too well.
Is it actually a "secret"? Like, am I going to be fighting off hordes of selfie-stick-wielding tourists?
"Secret," is a loaded term, isn't it? No, it's not *literally* a secret. People know about it. But it's not exactly the Marriott, either. I'd say "charmingly undiscovered" is a better description. You won't be battling the masses for a breakfast table. You'll probably see a few other guests, maybe some locals, but it's generally pretty chill. That said, the last time I was there, there was a wedding party. A *big* wedding party. And suddenly it was… a whole thing. I'm not complaining! I loved the music, and the fireworks were… well, I'll get to those. The point is, 'secret' can depend on the day, the season, and if someone's decided to get hitched. Which, let me tell you, makes a lot of sense looking over that lake.
The rooms – are they cozy and romantic, or dated and...well, let's be polite, "vintage"?
Okay, this is where things get… interesting. I've stayed in *two* different rooms there. One was pure cozy. Fireplace, fluffy comforter, view of the lake twinkling at night. Loved it. Really, I did. The other... let's just say it had a certain *charm* about it. The kind of charm that comes from things being, well, *lived in*. The furniture wasn't exactly contemporary. And the bathroom? Well, the faucet probably predated the Alaska pipeline. But honestly? It added to the character. I kind of felt like I was stepping back in time. It was like, "This is Alaska, baby! Embrace the quirks!" And you know what? I did.
Is the food any good? Or are we talkin' "complimentary continental breakfast" disappointment?
Okay, the food. This is where I get *really* passionate. The breakfast buffet? Fine. Standard. But I had the *best* salmon chowder of my LIFE at their restaurant. Seriously. I dream about that chowder. Thick, creamy, smoky... my mouth is watering just thinking about it. I ordered it twice. You've GOT to try it. The dinner menu is decent, not Michelin-star worthy, but solid. And the staff? They’re friendly. Alaska friendly, which is a high bar. They remember your name. You feel like you're visiting family, which, let's be honest, can be either wonderful or horrifying depending on the family. Luckily, it was wonderful.
What about the staff? Are they friendly? Helpful? Or are they running on "Alaska Time"? (Translation: slow.)
The staff are great! Seriously, genuinely nice people. Helpful, accommodating, the whole shebang. Yep, running on Alaska time, absolutely. But that's part of the charm, you know? No one's rushing you. They're friendly and even if they're a little slow, you can't help but feel totally at ease. I had a small issue with my key card one day, and instead of rushing around, the guy at the front desk just smiled and said, "Well, ain't that a kick in the pants?" and fixed it right away. It's a vibe, and I love it.
Tell me about that wedding! What was that like, and what did you do?
Okay, the wedding. It was the wedding that launched a thousand… well, not a thousand, maybe like, fifteen, fireworks. I was in my room, trying to have a quiet romantic getaway with my husband (the one who likes coffee and not staring at the view). And then BANG! Loudest bang I'd ever heard in my life. I almost jumped out of my skin, and my husband nearly spilled his coffee. Turns out, it was the fireworks for the wedding. I was a little annoyed at first, I have to admit, but they were beautiful—sparkling over the lake, reflecting in the water. I wound up watching from my window with a glass of wine, feeling like a complete voyeur, but also totally charmed by the whole scene. We ended up ordering pizza for dinner and just enjoying the show. It was actually… kind of perfect. Even for a grumpy couple who just wanted to relax. It was a happy accident, an unexpected bit of magic. The next morning, we actually saw a couple taking photos from their honeymoon suite, and I thought, "Yeah, that's pretty romantic alright." The fireworks are another reason why it might not be a 'secret,' but it was one hell of a show, and, as I said, the fireworks, were… well, let's just say, it took my breath away.
Is it kid-friendly? Or is it more of a romantic getaway kind of place?
I saw kids running around, so yeah, I guess it's kid-friendly. But honestly? I'd go for the romantic getaway. It just feels... cozy and quiet. Like, if you're looking for a place to escape the screaming masses, this is your spot. Plus, the lake is right there! Think cozy nights by the fire and romantic walks on the lakefront. Though I will concede, I think a kid would love the fireworks, but as I mentioned earlier, it all depends on the wedding season.
Overall, is Lake Lucille Inn worth it? The good, the bad, and the "slightly-dingy"?
Look, it'Comfort Zone Inn