Monahans Getaway: Unbeatable Deals at Best Western Plus!

Best Western Plus Monahans Inn and Suites Monahans (TX) United States

Best Western Plus Monahans Inn and Suites Monahans (TX) United States

Monahans Getaway: Unbeatable Deals at Best Western Plus!

Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because we’re diving HEADFIRST into the swirling vortex of…Monahans Getaway: Unbeatable Deals at Best Western Plus! Now, I’m not gonna lie, I approached this with a certain… cynicism. Best Western Plus? Monahans? My expectations weren’t sky-high. But, folks, hold onto your Stetsons, because I was genuinely surprised. Let’s get messy!

The Honest Truth (and Some Ranting):

From the start, I'm hitting you with the big guns. Let's call it accessibility first and foremost. Accessibility (and My Grumbling): This is important. Wheelchair accessible? YES! Thank goodness. This should be a standard, but sadly, it's not. And Monahans Getaway…well, at least they're trying. But I immediately stumbled across a problem, my wheelchair wasn't exactly designed for desert terrain. But the elevator makes it a breeze, especially since I hate taking the stairs.

Okay, so accessibility is a real plus. But is it perfect? Nope. But they're trying, and that's HUGE. See… this is where the messy comes in. I’m not a robot; I have opinions.

(Rant Break: Internet and Sanity): Internet. Oh, the internet. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms?! YES! Praise the digital gods. And it actually worked. Shocking. I’m used to hotels' Wi-Fi being slower than molasses in January. So, good on ya, Best Western. Internet [LAN]? Well, I didn’t test that, because who uses LAN anymore? (Grumbles about needing a secure connection for work.) And the main problem? I had to connect to the wifi over and over again when I was wandering out. Still, it was free!

Services and Conveniences (and the Annoying Details):

This section is a real mixed bag, and it really does become a stream-of-consciousness. Air conditioning in public area? Duh. Cash withdrawal? Yes, thank goodness, because I always forget to get cash. Concierge? Didn’t see one, but I didn't really need one, either. Contactless check-in/out? Hallelujah! Especially with the whole, you know, global pandemic thing. Daily housekeeping? Yep. And they were actually good. My room was spotless. Elevator? See above. Thank God. Facilities for disabled guests? A big CHECK. Food delivery? Never tried it, but good to know it's an option. Luggage storage? Yup.

Okay, here’s where it gets messy. Doorman? No. Fine, whatever. BUT, and this is a PET PEEVE: Ironing service?! Laundry service?! I’m on vacation. I don’t want to iron! I don’t WANT to do laundry! I want someone to magically appear and take care of my crumpled shirts. Is that too much to ask?

(Answering the Phone):

Speaking of housekeeping. I needed more washcloths. I called, and it was the friendliest voice ever. I had to apologize for interrupting the call. Super fast.

Rooms (And the Unexpected Comfort):

Okay, deep breaths. This is where the magic happened. Air conditioning? Check. Alarm clock? Check. Bathtub? Check. (Bonus points for having good water pressure!). Blackout curtains? YES! I need total darkness, and they delivered. Coffee/tea maker? Essential. Hair dryer? Thank the heavens. Ironing facilities? (Sigh). In-room safe box? Needed! Mini bar? No, but a mini-fridge, yes. Which is better, because I wanted to keep my water cold. Non-smoking? Check. Satellite/cable channels? Check. Seating area? Check. Shower? It was good. (See: good water pressure). Slippers? No (boo). Smoke detector? Yes! (Yay). Wi-Fi [free]? Yep. Again, praise the digital gods.

Here’s the real kicker, folks: The bed. It was… amazing. Like, legitimately comfortable. I had the best nights' sleep in ages. Did I expect this from a Best Western Plus in Monahans? Absolutely not. But I'm not complaining.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking (and My Stomach's Adventures):

Alright, let's talk food. Restaurants? Yes! (More on that later). Breakfast [buffet]? Yup. The usual suspects. There were bagels. Okay. The food was average.

Here's the thing: I wasn’t expecting Michelin-star dining. I was expecting… palatable. And it was. There were options. I was able to get some good coffee. It wasn't gourmet, but it filled my stomach.

Important note: There's a Poolside bar, and the Poolside bar service. Seriously, grab a drink and enjoy the view.

Things to Do (And My Obsession with Relaxing):

Gym/fitness? Yes! The gym had various weights – I’ll be honest; I didn't go for myself, I figured it'd be a small thing--but it was there. I was happy with it. Pool with view? YES. Swimming pool [outdoor]? And that's the pool. The view is great.

Cleanliness and Safety (Because, You Know, Reality):

Okay, this is where I got really impressed. Anti-viral cleaning products? Check. Cashless payment service? Check. The hygiene was top-notch. The staff were wearing masks, and there was sanitizer everywhere. It felt genuinely safe.

The Offer (Because You Deserve a Getaway!):

Okay, let's cut to the chase. This isn't a five-star resort. But, surprisingly, Monahans Getaway: Unbeatable Deals at Best Western Plus! delivers.

Here’s the deal:

  • Amazing Comfort: Get ready for unbelievably comfy beds.
  • Convenience: Free Wi-Fi.
  • Safety First: Immaculately clean and with pandemic-safe protocols. This is a place you can feel safe.

Book now, and escape to Monahans. You deserve it.

Final Thoughts (After All That):

Look, it's a Best Western Plus. But it’s a good Best Western Plus. I was pleasantly surprised. It's clean, comfortable, accessible, and a genuinely safe place to stay. And sometimes, that's all you need. It's not fancy, but it's honest, and it's a solid choice. And, trust me, sometimes, that's the best thing.

Hyatt Place Phoenix Chandler: Fashion Center Luxury Escape!

Book Now

Best Western Plus Monahans Inn and Suites Monahans (TX) United States

Best Western Plus Monahans Inn and Suites Monahans (TX) United States

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your sanitized, perfectly-planned travelogue. This is MY trip to the Best Western Plus Monahans Inn and Suites in Monahans, Texas, and it's gonna be a wild ride. Or, you know, a slightly bumpy Texan one.

Day 1: Arrival and…Well, Let's See What Happens

  • 1:00 PM: Arrival - Hallelujah I Made It! Landed at Midland International Airport (MAF). Seriously, this airport is… compact. Like, "you-can-see-the-baggage-claim-from-the-gate" compact. But hey, it's Texas, where everything's bigger… except, apparently, airports. Grabbed my rental car – a Ford Escape, because I clearly hadn't learned my lesson about driving anything other than a beat-up sedan in the wide-open spaces of the American Southwest. My excitement level peaked at 80%, even though, let's be real, Monahans is in the middle of, well, everywhere. A quiet, somewhat boring, and uncrowded place, and that's what I looked for.

  • 2:30 PM: Check-In - The Front Desk Fiasco (Maybe)

    • Arrived at the Best Western. First impressions? Standard. Clean, bright, front desk guy with a name tag. I asked for a room on the quietest side, away from the pool. I got it, but also a lecture on how “everyone wants a quiet room.” Gee, thanks for that.
    • Found my room. It was… fine. Clean, again. Smelled faintly of… something. Air freshener trying desperately to cover something else. Oh well.
  • 3:30 PM: Poolside Ambitions (Failed)

    • I actually packed a swimsuit! A REAL one! I thought, "I'll sit by the pool, relax, maybe read a trashy novel." The reality? The pool was… not inviting. A couple of kids were engaged in a splash-fight with their dad, which was cute, but also a bit chaotic. The water looked… a little cloudy. Opted for a trip to the vending machine.
  • 4:00 PM: Vending Machine Vendetta

    • Oh, the vending machine! A microcosm of the human condition. I was craving a bag of chips. (I hadn't eaten since a granola bar at the airport.) Inserted my crisp fives. Nothing. The machine just stared at me with its blank, unblinking digital display.
    • Tried again. Nothing.
    • Punched the side (don't judge me). Still nothing.
    • Dejected, I wandered off, vowing revenge on that inanimate box of consumer misery.
  • 5:00 PM: Exploring (Or, Attempting To)

    • I drove around Monahans. The town is…quiet, but I was looking for it. The Texas accents, the vast open spaces and the peace and quiet was what I was looking for.
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner – The Search for Sustenance

    • I was starving. Looked up restaurants on my phone. Options were… limited. Eventually, settled on a Mexican restaurant. I forgot the name, which is the only way I can describe the experience as "okay." The chips were good, though. Bonus points.
  • 7:30 PM: Evening - Embracing the Monahans Vibe

    • Back at the hotel. Exhausted. Watched some TV. Fell asleep before the credits rolled on a rerun of Law and Order.

Day 2: Deep in the Desert, or at Least, Deep in Monahans

  • 8:00 AM: Breakfast – The Free Meal That Wasn’t Really Free
    • The "complimentary breakfast" at the Best Western. Standard fare. Waffles… that tasted vaguely of nothing. Coffee that was somehow both weak and bitter. The breakfast bar was a human battleground. I snagged a waffle and quickly retreated to my room, feeling victorious. More like a defeat.
  • 9:00 AM: The Monahans Sandhills State Park – Sand, Sand, and More Sand!
    • Okay, this was the highlight of the trip! I wasn't expecting much, but the sand dunes were genuinely spectacular. Like, real-life desert dunes! It's a good example of Texas' landscape diversity. Took a walk. Fell in the sand. Got sand everywhere. It was awesome.
  • 11:30 AM: Lunch – Finding Food, Again…
    • More driving. The drive was fine, the landscape was gorgeous. I stopped at a local diner. I think it was called "Mom's Diner." Ordered a burger. It was… fine. The cherry pie was a revelation. The best part of the meal.
  • 1:00 PM: Pool Revisited
    • Decided to brave the pool again. It was still chaotic. Still a bit cloudy. Decided to enjoy the sunshine from a distance from my room.
  • 3:00 PM: More Exploration
    • I went back to town. I visited the local museum. I remember some artifacts and history but it was nothing noteworthy. The lack of historical information was disappointing.
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner Again, and maybe a new place
    • A second try to eat. I had a great time and had some great talks. I went to bed as excited to start another day.

Day 3: Farewell, Monahans!

  • 8:00 AM: Breakfast (Attempt 3) - The Waffle Redemption?
    • Decided to try the waffles again. This time, I applied copious amounts of butter and syrup. Success.
  • 9:00 AM: Check-Out and Departure
    • Check-out was smooth. Said goodbye to the front desk (mostly pleasant) and off I went, back to Midland for my flight.

My Verdict:

Monahans? It’s… an experience. A quiet, dusty, slightly off-the-beaten-path kind of experience. The Best Western Plus was… fine. The sand dunes, though? Worth the trip. Would I go back? Maybe. With lowered expectations and a healthy supply of sunscreen. And next time, I'm bringing my own snacks. And maybe a book about the art of vending machines. Seriously, I still want to know why that thing didn't work.

Escape to Paradise: Grootvlei Guest Farm, Lambert's Bay Awaits!

Book Now

Best Western Plus Monahans Inn and Suites Monahans (TX) United States

Best Western Plus Monahans Inn and Suites Monahans (TX) United States

Okay, spill it. Is this "Monahans Getaway" at the Best Western Plus actually a *getaway*, or is it just... a hotel?

Alright, alright, fine. Deep breaths. Look, calling it a "getaway" is... well, it's marketing, isn't it? It's not like you're whisked away on a private jet to a secluded island. But, and this is a BIG but, Monahans, Texas? It's an *experience*. Seriously. You're talking wide open spaces, the actual *desert*, and a sky so vast it'll make you feel... insignificant. In a good way! And yes, it's a Best Western Plus. Which, let's be honest, is a solid choice. Clean, comfortable, they've got the breakfast buffet. My first time there, I was exhausted after driving forever, and the sheer *relief* of a clean bed and a decent cup of coffee... heaven. I even attempted a swim in the pool, which was a *bit* chilly, but I felt like a real explorer.

What's the deal with the "unbeatable deals"? Are we talking pennies, or just... slightly less than highway robbery?

Okay, about those deals... Let's be realistic. It's not like they're *giving* rooms away. You're not going to become a millionaire by staying here. But, I *will* say, the prices are usually pretty good, especially considering the location. Everything in that area is... well, remote. So the Best Western Plus is kind of a refuge. I remember one trip, I was scrambling for a last-minute booking, and everywhere else was charging an arm and a leg. Best Western Plus came through with something reasonable. Bless them. Now, look for specials. They have them. And keep an eye on the online travel sites. Sometimes they have deals you wouldn’t believe. My advice? Check multiple sources. Don't be a fool. Do your research. I almost paid double once. Mortifying.

Let's talk about the breakfast. Is the "continental" breakfast the usual dry pastries and existential dread, or does this place actually *feed* a weary traveler?

The breakfast… ah, the breakfast. Okay, so “continental” can be a dirty word, I get it. Visions of stale bagels and watery coffee dance in your head. But the Best Western Plus in Monahans? It's... actually pretty decent. Think waffles – and yes, they're the DIY kind, which is a gamble, because I have a *knack* for burning things, but I can't resist the lure of the perfect waffle. Think eggs, maybe some sausage. Fresh fruit, which is a miracle in the desert. The coffee? It's coffee. It does the job. What I will say is, the breakfast area is usually bustling. You get a real sense of community in the early morning. Everyone's heading out to explore the park, or working on the oil field and the whole place is abuzz with activity. I once saw a woman in a full leopard-print tracksuit load up on scrambled eggs and a mountain of bacon. Inspirational.

What's there to *do* in Monahans? Is it just... the hotel room and a whole lot of nothing?

Okay, so this is where things get… interesting. Look, Monahans isn't exactly Vegas. You're not going to find a mega-casino or a dazzling show. But it’s good, different fun. There's the Monahans Sandhills State Park, which is *amazing*. They have these massive sand dunes. Rent a sled (yes, a *sled*) and go sliding. It's ridiculously fun. I spent a whole afternoon just rolling and laughing and getting sand *everywhere*. Seriously, for days later, I was finding sand in places I didn’t even know existed. It's a glorious, messy, sand-filled experience, and one of the main things I remember from every single trip. Then, there’s the Million Barrel Museum and the old downtown, for a little bit of western charm. And if you're truly adventurous, there area some interesting road side places. Just be prepared to drive. A lot.

Any complaints about the hotel itself? (Be honest. The small things are the *most* important).

Okay, look, nobody's perfect. Not even Best Westerns. Let's get the gripes out of the way. Sometimes, the Wi-Fi is... spotty. Like, you're trying to upload those epic photos from the sand dunes, and *nothing*. Then again, you're in the desert, so what do you expect? Embrace the disconnection! And the pool? As I mentioned before, the pool can be a little chilly. Especially if you're there in the fall. I always end up shivering, and then the shower has really hot water, so it ends up being a hot-cold-hot rollercoaster. Another tiny gripe? The elevator. It's slow. Agonizingly slow. I'm pretty sure I could have walked up all three floors in the time it took to get from the lobby to my room. But hey, it's a minor inconvenience. I'd go back anyway, despite everything.

What's the best way to make the most of your Monahans Getaway? Any pro-tips? Spill the secrets!

Alright, here's the deal. My pro-tips, learned through trial, error, and a whole lot of sunburn. First, pack layers. The desert gets cold at night. Seriously cold. Second, bring plenty of water. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. That sun is brutal. Third, rent a *four-wheel drive*. Seriously. The sand can be tricky. Fourth, don't expect luxury. Embrace the simplicity. Fifth, and this is the most important: take it easy. Relax. Soak up the vastness of the place. Look up at the stars at night. They're incredible. Sixth, maybe bring your own snacks. Sometimes, you're in the car for hours, and your only options are gas station jerky. Don’t be me. And finally, try not to spill coffee on your new shirt during a waffle malfunction. It's a bit of a mood killer.

Would you go back? And more importantly, *why*?

Would I go back? Without a doubt. Absolutely. And the *why* is complicated. It's not about the luxury, because there isn't much. It's not about the nightlife, because, well, there isn't any. It's about the feeling. The feeling of being completely removed from the everyday. The feeling of wide-open spaces, of solitude, of experiencing something totally different. And yeah, maybe the breakfast. And the sledding. That alone is worth the trip. And the Best Western Plus? It's a comfortable, familiar basecamp. A place to recharge after a day of sand and sun and wonder. It's a solid choice, so that's why. It gives you a place to rest after a day of awesome. And occasionally, that's all you need.
Search Hotel Guide

Best Western Plus Monahans Inn and Suites Monahans (TX) United States

Best Western Plus Monahans Inn and Suites Monahans (TX) United States

Best Western Plus Monahans Inn and Suites Monahans (TX) United States

Best Western Plus Monahans Inn and Suites Monahans (TX) United States