Greenwood, MS Getaway: Unbelievable Deals at SureStay Plus Hotel!

SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western Greenwood Greenwood (MS) United States

SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western Greenwood Greenwood (MS) United States

Greenwood, MS Getaway: Unbelievable Deals at SureStay Plus Hotel!

Greenwood, MS Getaway: SureStay Plus - My Honest Take (Unbelievable Deals? Let's See!)

Okay, so Greenwood, Mississippi. Let's be honest, it probably wasn't at the top of your travel bucket list, right? But listen, sometimes the unexpected throws you the best curveballs. And that's how I ended up at the SureStay Plus Hotel – mainly because those "Unbelievable Deals" caught my eye. I booked it, not expecting much. Honestly, I've stayed in some reeeeaaaally questionable hotels, so my expectations were set low to begin with. Now, here’s the juicy, rambling, slightly frantic review, just as it came out of my brain after a few days in the Magnolia State.

(SEO Keywords: Greenwood MS Hotels, SureStay Plus, Mississippi Getaway, Accessible Hotels, Free Wi-Fi, Spa, Pool, Restaurant, Pet Friendly, Fitness Center, Reviews)

First Impressions (and the Accessibility Angle!)

Pulling up, the exterior screams "classic motel," but hey, you’re in Greenwood, not Manhattan. What I immediately appreciated was the accessibility. I checked in with some friends that uses a wheelchair. The elevator was a godsend, especially since we ended up on the top floor. Facilities for disabled guests are clearly a priority here, which earns a major thumbs-up. The exterior corridor setup (which, for the non-wheelchair using can be a mixed bag – more on that later!) made navigating easy.

Access? You Got It! CCTV in common areas and CCTV outside property gave me a sense of security.

Stuff That Matters (and the Wi-Fi Panic!)

Okay, so let's get down to brass tacks: Internet! The lifeblood of modern existence. Yes, and thank GOD, Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! was absolutely true. The Wi-Fi in public areas seemed decent enough for some casual browsing, but for serious work, I just hooked up my laptop to the Internet [LAN] in the room, which was a lifesaver at times. My connection was fairly quick, thankfully. Because, let’s be real, if the Wi-Fi is janky, my whole mood goes downhill.

The Room Itself: Cozy or Cramped?

The room itself? Clean. Really clean. No hidden horrors lurking in the corners, which is always a win. The air conditioning worked wonderfully – Mississippi humidity is no joke. Let me pause here to say the blackout curtains were AMAZING! Absolutely essential for blocking out the sun, which, if it's shining, can be scorching hot!

Available in all rooms:, Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens.

The interconnecting room(s) available were a nice touch for families or groups. I didn't use the bathroom phone, but hey, it’s there! The desk was functional, and the laptop workspace wasn't cramped.

On that First Day… I Needed a Drink! (and a Snack!)

So, let’s talk food and booze. The biggest question mark: are there good restaurants or is it all fast food? Well, while it doesn't have a Michelin star restaurant, the "Sure Stay Plus hotel" had a Restaurant, a Bar and a Poolside bar. The Coffee shop was decent!

Dining, drinking, and snacking: A la carte in restaurant , Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Bar, Breakfast [buffet] Breakfast service, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Desserts in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar, Restaurants, Room service [24-hour], Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant.

The Room service [24-hour] was pretty solid, and I definitely indulged in some late-night snacks.

Ways to Relax (and My Spa-Induced Bliss!)

Okay, I’m going to gush here. I absolutely caved and visited the Spa/sauna. It was the best choice. The Body scrub and Body wrap were divine. Honestly, after the long drive, I felt like a new person. The swimming pool was lovely, Swimming pool [outdoor] was exactly what I needed, and although I didn’t use the sauna, I did enjoy the steamroom too. The massage was also heavenly. It’s not a huge, fancy spa, but it's a perfect spot to unwind.

Ways to relax: Body scrub, Body wrap, Fitness center, Foot bath, Gym/fitness, Massage, Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor].

Cleanliness and Safety - Because Let's Be Real, It's a Crazy World Out There!

This is where the SureStay Plus gets serious points. Cleanliness and safety: they're taking it SERIOUSLY and it makes me feel good. They were using Anti-viral cleaning products, and there was definitely Daily disinfection in common areas. The hotel also had First aid kit, Hand sanitizer, Individually-wrapped food options and the staff was Staff trained in safety protocol. They were even Rooms sanitized between stays AND Sanitized kitchen and tableware items.

Cleanliness and safety: Anti-viral cleaning products, Breakfast in room, Cashless payment service, Daily disinfection in common areas, Doctor/nurse on call, First aid kit, Hand sanitizer, Hot water linen and laundry washing, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Shared stationery removed, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment.

Beyond the Basics:

  • Airport transfer availability is a plus.
  • Laundry service helped - Mississippi heat + me = sweaty clothes.
  • Cash withdrawal on site.
  • Having Doorman and a Front desk [24-hour] is a plus.
  • Car park [free of charge] (thank goodness!).
  • Cashless payment service was easy and convenient,

For the Kids (and Those Who Secretly Want to Act Like Kids)

While I didn’t have kids with me, I did see that they had a babysitting service in case I ever had kids. This hotel is also considered Family/child friendly.

For the Kids: Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal.

The Quirks, The Imperfections, The Human Stuff

Okay, so here's the real deal:

  • Rambling through the exterior corridors in the rain was a bit of a drag. I mean, it’s not glamorous, I swear I saw a few bugs, and it’s not exactly an exciting design feature.
  • My phone reception was spotty in the rooms. But the Wi-Fi made up for it, mostly.
  • The "Unbelievable Deals" were pretty believable. I think I saved a good chunk of change.
  • The elevator was a bit slow. That’s really my biggest complaint.

Would I recommend this for a Mississippi getaway?

  • Absolutely, yes. It's clean, it's comfortable, and the staff is friendly. The accessibility is a huge advantage. Given the price point, It exceeded my expectations. It's not the Ritz, but it’s definitely a solid choice for anyone visiting Greenwood!

My Honest Opinion

If you are OK with a no frills hotel stay, this is the place.

Final Verdict: A Solid 4 out of 5 Stars – Unexpectedly Delightful!


**Your Irresistible Greenwood, MS Getaway Offer: Book NOW and Unwind in Comfort!

Al Borgo Lucca: Italy's Hidden Gem You NEED to See!

Book Now

SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western Greenwood Greenwood (MS) United States

SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western Greenwood Greenwood (MS) United States

Okay, buckle up, buttercup. This isn't your pristine, perfectly-lined-up itinerary. This is… well, my itinerary. And knowing me, it's gonna be a glorious mess. We're going to Greenwood, Mississippi, and staying at the SureStay Plus. Wish me luck, I’m gonna need it.

The Greenwood Groover's Guide: A Reluctant Itinerary (Let's be honest, I'm mostly winging it)

Day 1: Arrival, Realizations, and a Desperate Plea for a Good Night's Sleep

  • 1:00 PM: Arrive at the Greenville, MS (GLH) airport. Okay, so I hate flying. My palms are sweating, I'm basically vibrating from pre-flight anxiety, and I’m pretty sure I just saw a toddler fling a handful of goldfish crackers at the window. On a scale of one to "about to self-combust," I'm hovering around an eight. The drive to Greenwood is supposed to be about an hour. Pray for both of us, the driver and I.
  • 2:30 PM: Check-in at SureStay Plus. I chose this place hoping for clean and functional. I NEED clean and functional. Last trip, the bed felt like a medieval torture device. Pray for a decent mattress. Pray for a working AC. Pray for silence.
  • 3:00 PM: Unpack. This is when the real emotional damage happens. Why do I always bring too many clothes? I'm pretty sure I packed a parka. In Mississippi. The guilt sets in. Maybe I should've packed a swimsuit.
  • 3:30 PM: Reconnaissance Mission: Walk around the hotel. Assess the damage (kidding… mostly). Find the vending machine. Survival is key. Oh, and locate the ice machine. It's a hot one, and I'm a sweaty mess. I think I'm gonna need a lot of ice. And diet coke.
  • 4:00 PM: A moment of reflection. Staring out the window, questioning all life choices. Maybe I'm not cut out for travel. Maybe I should just… become a hermit. Maybe… oh wait, there's a pool!
  • 5:00 PM: Quick swim at the hotel pool. I swear, that pool should have been called "mosquito-infested swimming hole." Not the relaxing dip I imagined, but I'm alive and mostly free of mosquitoes. Small victories!
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner at some local place. I'm thinking BBQ. I love that. Maybe a dive bar with a good jukebox playing old blues tunes, which is what I’m hoping for when I pick a restaurant. Will report back.
  • 7:30 PM: Dinner in Greenwood. Ok, the BBQ was not bad… not bad at all. Maybe not the BEST BBQ in the world, but definitely satisfying. The ambiance was definitely a dive – in a good way! The jukebox was classic, and I found myself humming along with a familiar blues tune. This is what I love.
  • 9:00 PM: Back to the room. Time to chill, maybe browse the channels or read. The anticipation is building for a good night's sleep.
  • 10:00 PM: Sleep. Please, sweet Lord of Slumber, let me sleep.

Day 2: A Whirlwind of History, Food, and Existential Dread

  • 8:00 AM: Breakfast. Free hotel breakfast. I'm not expecting Michelin-star quality, but I am praying for edible. And coffee. Lots and lots of coffee.
  • 9:00 AM: Explore the Delta Blues Museum. I chose this because, well, Mississippi blues. I'm hoping to feel the history, the passion. I'm also secretly hoping to find some really cool merch.
  • 11:00 AM: The Delta Blues Museum was a masterpiece. The exhibits were raw, real, and got to the heart of the blues. I sat in a corner, just listening to the music and the stories. It made me actually feel something, and my eyes got a little misty. Man, music and history are a combo.
  • 1:00 PM: Lunch. I'm now thinking, maybe a simple sandwich by the river? Gotta find a place if I can, but the idea of some sun is nice.
  • 3:00 PM: Visit the Florewood River Plantation. This is a living history museum. I’m curious, but nervous. I'm always hesitant with this kind of stuff. I want to learn, but I also want to be respectful, and I don't want the experience to be sanitized.
  • 5:00 PM: Reflection on the Florewood River Plantation. Okay, this was intense. I learned a lot, and it was educational, don't get me wrong… but it made my heart heavy. I’m going to need to process this for a while.
  • 6:00 PM: The existential food spiral. Do I eat something to feel better? Do I drink something to forget? Do I just curl up in a ball and cry? I am a mess.
  • 7:30 PM: Dinner. I really should have pre-planned this. Feeling adventurous; I might just wander around and stumble upon something.
  • 9:00 PM: Back to the hotel. I'm exhausted. Maybe I'll put on a movie and just crash. Then again, if I could just find that missing piece of myself, the hotel might be the place!
  • 10:00 PM: Sleep. If I can.

Day 3: Departure with a Hint of Regret (and a Hope for a Better Trip Next Time)

  • 8:00 AM: Breakfast. Hopefully, the hotel breakfast is still edible. Maybe I'll bring some snacks.
  • 9:00 AM: Last chance exploration. I wanted to visit the local shops, but I am too tired, so maybe I’ll relax and do some reading.
  • 11:00 AM: Checkout. Ugh. Time to grapple with reality.
  • 12:00 PM: Head back to the airport.
  • 2:00 PM: Flight. Pray for my sanity and for no delays.
  • 3:00 PM: Reflect on the trip in the air. Did I make the most of it? Probably not. Did I survive? Seems like it. Will I come back? Maybe. Would I change anything? Probably.

Final Thoughts:

Greenwood, Mississippi. It was… something. A mix of history, food, and overwhelming emotion. The SureStay Plus? Clean and functional. Pretty sure I'll need therapy after this, but hey, at least I have a story to tell. And, as always, my next trip will be different… because, you know, that's what I always say. Bring on the next adventure. Maybe I'll pack a parka. Just in case.

Seoul's STUNNING P28 View: Gangnam's BEST Kept Secret!

Book Now

SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western Greenwood Greenwood (MS) United States

SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western Greenwood Greenwood (MS) United States

Greenwood, MS Getaway: Unbelievable Deals at SureStay Plus Hotel! - Your Unvarnished Guide

Okay, spill the beans. Is this *really* a good deal at the SureStay Plus in Greenwood? Because let's be honest, "unbelievable deals" sets off my internal alarm bells. What's the catch?

Alright, alright, settle down, skeptical traveler. Look, I get it. "Unbelievable" screams 'small print' and hidden fees. Honestly? Yeah, the deal *is* pretty good. You're looking at comfortable rooms, maybe a slightly older AC unit that hums a reassuring tune (a little *too* reassuring, some might say...), and a complimentary breakfast... but we’ll get to that later. The catch? Well, there's always a *tiny* catch. It's Greenwood, Mississippi. It's not the Maldives. Don't expect, like, marble floors and a personal butler. Manage your expectations folks. But for the price? You’re getting a solid, clean, and convenient base of operations for exploring the Delta. Think of it as a perfectly acceptable launchpad. Now, where's that coffee?

The 'complimentary breakfast'... oh, the sweet siren song. Is it the kind of breakfast that fuels adventure, or the kind that makes you question all your life choices?

Okay, the breakfast. *Deep breath*. Let's just say it's... an experience. The usual suspects are present: lukewarm scrambled eggs that probably come from a bag, limp bacon that's more 'bacon-adjacent' than actual bacon, and those tiny, individually wrapped cereals that always leak sugar. But! And this is the key! There’s usually a waffle maker. *Yes!* A waffle maker! And THAT, my friends, is where the magic happens. You become a waffle artist. You go *rogue* with the syrup. You build a waffle tower and forget all your troubles. Just... pace yourself. That syrup is seriously tempting. And trust me, you *will* be tempted.

You've talked about the room. What was the room like? Anything to be alarmed about?

Okay. My room. This is where I confess. I'm a bit of a clean freak. I'll admit it. And while the SureStay Plus wasn't *filthy*, it had its quirks. The carpet? Let's just say it had a history. A *long* history. But the bed was comfy. The important thing. The shower pressure was... adequate. And the AC, as mentioned, was a character. Sometimes it'd roar like a jet engine, other times it'd whisper a sweet lullaby of cool air. Embrace it. It's part of the charm. Or at least, that's what I told myself at 3 AM when it decided to go full throttle. The TV? Yeah, it worked. Basic cable. No complaints. Plus, the maid? She was lovely. And that's what really matters, right?

Greenwood itself. What's the vibe? Is it worth leaving the hotel for more than just breakfast?

Leaving the hotel in Greenwood? YES! Absolutely. Think of it this way: You're in the heart of the Mississippi Delta, the birthplace of the blues. That alone is worth the trip. The vibe is *authentic*. Real. Unpretentious. You won't find a lot of chain restaurants (which is a good thing!), but you will find amazing food. Seriously, the food. I'm talking slow-cooked BBQ so tender it melts in your mouth, catfish cooked to perfection, and sweet tea that'll make you want to slap your grandma (in a good way!). The people are friendly. They’re *genuinely* friendly, not the fake, plastic smiles you get in some places. Just… be prepared for things to move at a slower pace. Embrace it. Slow down. Breathe. Eat some delicious food. Listen to some damn good music. It’s good for the soul, trust me. Don’t be afraid to strike up a conversation. You'll be pleasantly surprised.

Okay, you talked about the food, where do I *actually* go to eat? Give me the dirt!

Alright, listen up, food lovers. This is where I get *serious*. Forget that hotel breakfast, this is the REAL deal. *First*, go to The Crystal Grill. It's an institution. Get the hot tamales. Just... get them. Trust me. Then, you *have* to try Giardina's. It's a classic, a little fancy, but worth every penny. The seafood is amazing. It's old school glamour, and the kind of place you want to dress up for (but don't *have* to). Now... for the REAL local experience? Go to Lusco's. *Oh, Lusco's.* It’s a Greenwood legend. It’s dimly lit, the service is impeccable, and they have individual dining rooms with curtains – a true Delta experience. *Pro Tip:* Don't just order off the menu. Ask your server for recommendations. They know what’s *good* and they aren’t afraid to tell you. Seriously, I'm salivating just thinking about it. Get some take away from one of the numerous BBQ places around, maybe from one that looks like it comes straight off a TV cooking show. You can't go wrong.

Is there anything to *do* in Greenwood besides eat and listen to the blues? (Because I’m not entirely sure how to do that.)

Okay look, I hear you. Eating and blues… that’s the core. But yes, there's more. You gotta visit the Museum of the Mississippi Delta. It's... well, it's interesting. It’s not the Louvre, but it'll give you a good overview of the region's history. And you *have* to see the "Last of the Giants" sculpture. It's majestic. And you can always just wander around downtown. Seriously, walk around! The architecture is beautiful, the shops are charming. Do some local shopping. You'd be surprised at what you can find. And try to catch some live music somewhere. Even if you don't know the blues, you'll feel it. Just let it wash over you. That's the point. Then, maybe, go back to your very acceptable hotel room and, you know, sleep. Or eat waffles. Your call.

Okay, you've mentioned it several times. TELL ME ABOUT THE BLUES. How does a non-blues person "do" the blues?

This is the most important question of all, my friend! The blues... it's not a performance, it's a feeling. A *vibe*. Okay, so… first, find a local bar. The sure way. Ask around. Someone will know. Secondly, just *listen*. Don't overthink it. Don't analyze it. Let the music seep into you. Watch the musicians. The way they feel it, the way they communicate with each other, with the audience... That’s what it’s about. Close your eyes, tap your foot, and let the stories they tell. Maybe get a beer or a sweet tea. Don't be shy of the dance floor. It's okay if you suck. Everyone does. InBest Hotels Blog

SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western Greenwood Greenwood (MS) United States

SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western Greenwood Greenwood (MS) United States

SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western Greenwood Greenwood (MS) United States

SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western Greenwood Greenwood (MS) United States