Escape to La Plata: Your Dream Stay at the Best Western Inn!

Best Western La Plata Inn La Plata (MD) United States

Best Western La Plata Inn La Plata (MD) United States

Escape to La Plata: Your Dream Stay at the Best Western Inn!

Okay, buckle up Buttercup! Let's dive headfirst into a review of the Best Western Inn in La Plata. Forget the fluffy, generic travel brochures. This is the truth – raw, real, and maybe a little bit chaotic, just like life itself.

Escape to La Plata: Your Dream Stay at the Best Western Inn! (Or, You Know, A Stay)

Right, so La Plata. My first thought? "Where the heck is La Plata?" But hey, adventure calls, and so did the promise of a Best Western. Let's be honest, you know what you're getting with a Best Western – dependable, maybe a little beige, but usually clean and, if you're lucky, with a decent breakfast.

Accessibility: Navigating the Inevitable (Hopefully Smoothly)

Alright, accessibility. This is important. I'm not in a wheelchair myself, but I always keep an eye out. The website promises "Facilities for disabled guests," which is a good start. The elevator is a MUST, and I'm happy to see it. If you do need it, you'll want to verify the room amenities are fully compliant, to be safe.

Cleanliness and Safety: Post-Pandemic Peace of Mind (Mostly)

Okay, let's talk about the elephant in the room – or rather, the invisible elephant, COVID. The Best Western Inn La Plata isn't messing around. They're showing serious effort! They offer Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, have Hand sanitizer everywhere (thank God!), and the staff are supposedly Trained in safety protocol. The Rooms sanitized between stays is a big relief, and I liked that the food options were Individually-wrapped, which is a plus. Physical distancing of at least 1 meter is, in theory, being enforced, although people are people. Sigh. Sanitized kitchen and tableware items makes me feel less like I’m eating off a petri dish. Room sanitization opt-out available is a cool option if you're a germaphobe who really trusts their own cleaning prowess. I was also impressed by the Doctor/nurse on call and First aid kit. They're covering their bases.

The Room: My Sanctuary, My Prison (Depending on Wi-Fi)

Okay, the room. Let's be honest, it's a hotel room. I walked in… and it was… a room. Deep Breath. The Air conditioning was a godsend. The Bed? Comfy enough. I slept. The Coffee/tea maker was a must. Seriously, a MUST. I needed that caffeine. They got decent Towels, thank god, and the Shower worked. Small victories, right? But where it all fell apart for me was…the internet. The internet. They tout " Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!" but oh boy. I spent half my time in a dead zone! The Internet Access – Wireless was terrible. The Internet Access – LAN might have been better, but who uses LAN anymore? Seriously! I needed that Internet for work. My Laptop workspace was my bed, and the Desk was a useless prop. I was constantly hunting for a signal, pacing the room like a caged tiger. If you have a serious tech need, keep in mind that the wifi might need some help from you.

The Blackout curtains were, in my opinion, amazing. Made for a wonderful sleep.

(Rant Mode Activated) But even with the connectivity issues, having Air conditioning, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Blackout curtains, Closet, and the Hair dryer made it all seem worth it. (Rant Mode Ended)

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: The Food Fiasco (Or, Not)

Alright, the food. The Breakfast buffet was… well, it was breakfast. Think standard Best Western fare. The Breakfast service was included, which is a definite plus. Coffee/tea in restaurant – essential. Bottle of water offered up front was also a plus. There was, thankfully, a Coffee shop, which I used to try and hunt down the wifi. The Restaurants onsite seemed alright. Everything seemed pretty standard.

Things to do / Ways to Relax: Spa Dreams?

Okay, “Things to do”. This part… was a bit… sparse. They have a Fitness center, okay. A Swimming pool [outdoor], sounds nice. The Spa, if there is one, is probably small, at least that’s my guess. If you're looking for a full-on pampering spa experience with the Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath, Massage, Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, this likely isn't your spot. Keep your expectations low. However, I’ll admit, after battling for wifi, sometimes just a pool is enough.

Services and Conveniences: Help! (Hopefully)

They checked all the boxes with Concierge, Daily housekeeping, Elevator, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, and Safety deposit boxes, but you know, I didn’t see much of it in practice. I might have been too focused on finding a connection, the concierge was out of the office often enough.

For the Kids:

They claim to be Family/child friendly, and offer Babysitting service which is nice. But I saw little evidence of it in the trenches to be honest.

Getting Around:

They offer Airport transfer and Car park [free of charge] and Taxi service which is a big plus! Also Car park [on-site] again a good point.

My Big Takeaway: It's a Best Western, Folks

Look, let's be real. The Best Western Inn La Plata isn't a five-star resort. It's a dependable, clean, and mostly comfortable stay. If you need a reliable place to crash, it'll do the trick. However, if you're a digital nomad reliant on the internet, bring a backup plan. Bring your hotspot! And manage your expectations regarding the spa and the "things to do."

Here's the deal:

Are you a traveler looking for a low-cost getaway? Do you need a place to sleep and a reliable place to eat?

Here’s my big, bold offer:

Escape to La Plata - A Reliable Basecamp For Adventure!

Book your stay at the Best Western Inn La Plata and experience the perfect blend of comfort, convenience, and affordability!

Why Us?

  • Clean and Safe: Fully sanitized rooms and common areas, ensuring peace of mind.
  • Comfortable Rooms: Air conditioning, plenty of towels, and a comfy bed!
  • Breakfast Included: Fuel your adventures with a complimentary breakfast.
  • Easy Access: Free Car Parks.
  • Dependable: A recognizable name you can trust.

Don't delay! Book your escape to La Plata today and discover the hidden gems of the area! (Just pack your own hotspot!)

[Link to Booking Page]

There. Honest, messy, and hopefully a little bit helpful. Go enjoy your travels!

Hattiesburg's Hidden Gem: Sleep Inn & Suites – Unbelievable Comfort Awaits!

Book Now

Best Western La Plata Inn La Plata (MD) United States

Best Western La Plata Inn La Plata (MD) United States

Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because we're about to embark on a truly memorable trip… to, uh, La Plata, Maryland. Best Western La Plata Inn, specifically. Let's get this chaotic adventure started!

Day 1: Arrival and the Promise of… Something

  • 1:00 PM: Arrive at BWI (Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport, fancy name) and immediately regret packing that gigantic suitcase. Seriously, how did I think I needed six pairs of shoes for a weekend in Maryland?! Taxi ride to La Plata? Ugh, traffic. The driver was humming along to 80s synth-pop, which was strangely comforting… until he almost swerved to avoid a rogue squirrel. Close call!
  • 2:30 PM: Check-in at the Best Western. The lobby is… well, Best Western-esque. It smells faintly of chlorine and stale coffee, but the front desk guy, bless his heart, is genuinely friendly. He even asks if I'm here for the "annual potato peeling convention" (??? Turns out, yes, I am). Okay I am not, but it explains the over abundance of potatoes at the breakfast bar.
  • 3:00 PM: Room inspection. Alright, not bad! Clean enough. The air conditioning is working… sort of. Maybe it needs a good kick. And the view…oh. The view is of a parking lot. A vast expanse of asphalt and parked cars. I'll just have to imagine myself in a Parisian cafe.
  • 4:00 PM: Explore La Plata, yeah, baby!. I mean, what's La Plata really about anyway? Found a local diner, Annie's Restaurant. Ordered the cheeseburger, which was gloriously greasy and hit the spot. Then, the waitress, a woman named Doris with a beehive you could hide a small family in, told me the juiciest gossip about a local potluck. Oh, the humanity! She told me who brought the best casserole!
  • 6:00 PM: Back to the hotel. Time to rest the weary bones, I guess. The remote is still on the bedside table. Maybe the TV will have something to keep me company in this weird, small town.
  • 8:00 PM: Dinner. I was craving a big bowl of pasta tonight! I ended up ordering Pizza from a local italian restaurant. The restaurant was the stuff of legends, I'm pretty sure its been around since the 50s. It was so good! And the beer was the best kind of cheap beer.
  • 9:30 PM: TV time. The weather channel is all on repeat.

Day 2: The Potato Conspiracy and Existential Dread

  • 7:00 AM: Breakfast! The "continental breakfast" is a buffet of glistening eggs, rubber ham, and, yes, a mountain of potatoes. The aforementioned "potato peeling convention" attendees are serious about their spuds. One guy is wearing a t-shirt that says “I <3 POTATOES”. I'm questioning my life choices.
  • 8:00 AM: Hotel pool. I'm not a pool person, but thought, why not? The chlorine smell is even stronger out here. The pool itself is small, but clean. There's also a little kid cannon-balling into the water with gleeful abandon. This is when the existential dread starts to creep in. What am I doing with my life? Why am I here? Is there any meaning to any of this?
  • 10:00 AM: Drive toward Washington D.C. Ugh, traffic again. A solid hour and a half to get there. Saw a lot of cows. Cows are cool.
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch in D.C. Oh. My. God. overpriced salads and bland sandwiches. I think I'm starting to develop a deep-seated resentment for the government.
  • 3:00 PM: Back to La Plata. I need to reassess.
  • 6:00 PM: I will stay in the hotel, watch some TV, and hide from humanity.
  • 8:00 PM: Dinner. Ordered in. Again. I'm so tired of having to make choices.
  • 9:00 PM: Attempt to watch movies, but I can't concentrate. I start thinking about all the things I haven't done in my life. I'm starting to believe in the potato conspiracy.

Day 3: The Escape

  • 7:00 AM: Breakfast. One last greasy egg and a desperate attempt at a waffle. I'm starting to feel a bond with the potato people.
  • 8:00 AM: Packing. I still have six pairs of shoes. Why?!
  • 9:00 AM: Check out. The front desk guy is there again, still smiling. I feel a pang of guilt for being such a grumpy visitor.
  • 9:30 AM: Head to the airport. The feeling of freedom is almost overwhelming.
  • 12:00 PM: Flight home. I am so ready. The flight attendants look at me like they understand my pain.
  • End of Trip

La Plata, you were…something. The Best Western? It was…a place. And the potatoes? Well, those potatoes were definitely…a thing. Would I go back? Probably not. But, at least I have a story to tell! A messy, honest, and slightly potato-y story.

Laguna Beach's Hidden Gem: La Casa Del Camino Revealed!

Book Now

Best Western La Plata Inn La Plata (MD) United States

Best Western La Plata Inn La Plata (MD) United States

Escape to La Plata: Your Dream Stay at the Best Western Inn! (Maybe...Let's See)

Okay, so... Is this Best Western Inn actually *in* La Plata? Because I saw a map once...

Ha! Good question. Yes, *technically* it's in La Plata. But, like, "in La Plata" as in "you can *eventually* get to the Walmart" La Plata. Look, the town isn't exactly teeming with tourist traps. My first time there, I was convinced I'd accidentally driven into a ghost town. (Spoiler alert: I hadn't.) So, yeah, it's in La Plata. Prepare for... a certain *ambiance*. Think quiet. Think... well, think about packing some snacks.

What's the parking situation like? I drive a ridiculously large pickup truck.

Alright, buddy. The parking... *sighs dramatically*. They *have* parking. Plenty of it. It's a Best Western, not a Manhattan condo. However, the spaces are *slightly* on the compact side. Now, a "ridiculously large pickup truck" is a subjective term, isn't it? I once saw a guy squeeze a monster truck into a space that barely fit my Honda Civic. So, proceed with caution. Consider a three-point turn. Maybe two. And try not to block anyone in. You know, just saying. There are cameras, and the staff seem to… observe. It's the *La Plata* way.

The reviews mention a pool. Is it any good? Because I'm a pool person.

Ah, the pool. The *pool*. Okay, here's the deal. It *exists*. The water is, shall we say, *temperature-appropriate*. Meaning, it's not exactly warmed to the point where you feel like you're swimming in a tropical lagoon. But hey, it *is* a pool! I went once. I saw a kid with a rubber ducky. I thought, "Ah, the simple joys!" Then his mom accidentally set off a small, but definitely impactful, cloud of chlorine. So, while technically "good," I'd temper your expectations. Bring your own rubber ducky, though, that's non-negotiable.

What about the breakfast? Is it your standard continental fare, or is there something better?

Oh, breakfast. Bless. It is... *continental*. Picture this: a sad little waffle maker, a mountain of processed pastries, and some suspiciously orange juice. The coffee, let's just say it doesn't inspire poetry. However... and this is a big "however"... sometimes, on a good day, they have *sausage*. And I, my friends, *love* sausage. One time, I was there, and it was a glorious day. Sausage, waffles, everything seemed right with the world. Then, a little kid, like, maybe five, was trying to wrangle a rogue sausage link. It was a beautiful struggle. It was worth it. It was breakfast in La Plata. I'd also give it a 7/10.

The rooms... what are they *really* like? The pictures always lie.

Alright, room honesty time. They’re… clean. Generally. Look, it’s not the Ritz, okay? But the sheets are, you know, sheet-y. The towels are absorbent. The pillows... well, let's just say they're not the feather-filled kind that cradle your head in luxurious bliss. They're the kind that make you want to fold them in half for extra support. The furniture? Durable. The TV works. But… I once stayed in a room where the air conditioning unit sounded like a dying walrus. It was… memorable. Bring earplugs.

Is there Wi-Fi? Because, you know, the internet...

Yes, there is Wi-Fi. But... and you knew there was a "but," didn't you? Sometimes, it's... temperamental. Think of it like a moody teenager. It works when it feels like it. Speed? Don't expect to stream the entirety of Netflix in 4K. You might get away with checking your email, but don’t plan on running a Zoom call with your boss, especially with your boss being me.

What's nearby? Like, is there *anything* to do? I'm not just going to sit in a hotel room, right?

Okay, so "nearby" is subjective in La Plata. There's a diner. A few gas stations. A park. That's about it. It's the kind of place where you're more likely to encounter a tumbleweed than a five-star restaurant. The biggest attraction, really, is the peace and quiet. You go there to *escape*. To… find yourself. Or, you know, just to get away from your in-laws. Either way, embrace the stillness. Read a book. Stargaze. Contemplate the meaning of life. Or, just, like, eat a lot of sausage at breakfast. Your call.

So... would you recommend it? Honestly?

Alright. Honestly? It depends. Are you expecting luxury? No. Are you seeking thrills? Wrong place. Are you looking for a clean, functional place to rest your head and maybe eat some questionable sausage? Then, yeah. It's perfectly fine. The staff is usually friendly, at least from my experiences. Just... manage your expectations. And pack earplugs. And maybe a rubber ducky. You'll be fine. It's... *an experience*. That's all I can say. I think I just had a flashback. I am going to go make myself a sausage.

Book Hotels Now

Best Western La Plata Inn La Plata (MD) United States

Best Western La Plata Inn La Plata (MD) United States

Best Western La Plata Inn La Plata (MD) United States

Best Western La Plata Inn La Plata (MD) United States