Escape to Luxury: DeRidder's Best Western Plus Awaits!

Best Western Plus DeRidder Inn and Suites Deridder (LA) United States

Best Western Plus DeRidder Inn and Suites Deridder (LA) United States

Escape to Luxury: DeRidder's Best Western Plus Awaits!

Escape to Luxury: DeRidder's Best Western Plus Awaits! - My Brain's Take (And Yours?)

Alright, let's be real. Planning a trip can be a giant, sweaty mess. Especially when you're trying to find a decent hotel that isn't… well, a moldy shoebox. That’s where I come in, your slightly-caffeinated guide to the glory (and potential pitfalls!) of the Best Western Plus in DeRidder, Louisiana. "Escape to Luxury," they call it? Let's break this down, shall we? Because honey, "luxury" is seriously subjective, right?

Accessibility: This is where we really start, and I'm already having a mini-panic because I need to find the right words to make sure this is understandable. Wheelchair accessible: Seems like a must-have in this day and age, and I'm hoping they, in fact, ARE. (Check for specifics before you book, seriously.) Accessibility is a big deal, people! It should be a STANDARD. And don’t even get me started if they don't have an elevator. (Phew, it says "Elevator" in Services and Conveniences, so fingers crossed!) Important note: I need to say this RIGHT NOW -- Accessibility is crucial. If you or someone you are travelling with has ANY accessibility requirements, CALL THEM. DON'T RELY ON ME, or ANY REVIEW. Because this review is my opinion not gospel. [Getting Around] I'm going to assume they have Car park [free of charge], and a Car park [on-site]. You’d hope so, right? And a Car power charging station? Whoa, fancy! This is Louisiana, so let's hope they have a Taxi service too, just in case. Airport transfer? Yep, because if you fly into Louisiana you need help to get around.

Cleanliness and Safety: (Because, you know, COVID)

Okay, this is the MOST IMPORTANT of ALL THE THINGS in 2024. I'm practically breathing into a paper bag just thinking about it. Anti-viral cleaning products– GOOD. Daily disinfection in common areas – DOUBLE GOOD. Rooms sanitized between stays – TRIPLE GOOD!!! Individually-wrapped food options – Thank GOD! Physical distancing of at least 1 meter – Okay, this is manageable. Staff trained in safety protocol – YES, PLEASE! Hand sanitizer – Everywhere, I hope? This is all vital. I'm starting to feel a tiny bit less anxious. The fact they're mentioning this stuff is a HUGE plus. I mean, the days of blindly trusting hotel hygiene are OVER. (Side note: Room sanitization opt-out available? I find that a tiny bit… weird. But hey, options!)

Food, Glorious Food (and Drink):

Alright, food. The lifeblood of any good vacation. My expectations are… cautiously optimistic. Let's see. Breakfast [buffet] – YES! Bring on the waffles! (But is it going to be a good buffet? Or the sad, limp-bacon variety? I'm bracing myself.) Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant – Interesting! Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant – Well, that covers all bases. Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop – Essential. Poolside bar – YES! Picture this: me, lounging by that Swimming pool [outdoor], holding a tiny umbrella-ed drink. Restaurants - Plural? This sounds promising. I'm already picturing myself in a Vegetarian restaurant (because, you know, balance). Room service --24-hour - This is a big win!

Now, I’m a HUGE breakfast person. I need to get up and eat. So, I'm already hoping for that Breakfast takeaway service. I also hope they provide, Bottle of water.

My Personal Breakfast Saga (aka the Buffet Blues):

Here’s what REALLY happened. I went to a hotel in another town, a very similar hotel and they had a "deluxe" breakfast… the bacon was so limp, it looked like it was weeping. The scrambled eggs tasted like plastic. The coffee was burnt. The waffles were… well, I'm not even going to go there. I ended up eating a protein bar from my purse, and I vowed to NEVER take a hotel buffet at face value ever again!. So, Best Western Plus DeRidder… you better bring your A-game on the breakfast front! The Daily housekeeping better be a good thing too not because the buffet had some drama.

Services and Conveniences:

This is the nuts and bolts. Air conditioning in public area, Elevator, Facilities for disabled guests, Laundry service, Concierge, Luggage storage. All good. They say “Cash withdrawal” - fine. Dry cleaning, Ironing service - bonus points for the weary traveler. Internet Access: OK, this is crucial. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms?! YES! (Hopefully, it actually works). I am not a fan of slow internet. And a Laptop workspace in the room? Yes, please!


Room Amenities: The Nitty-Gritty. Okay. Air conditioning check. Alarm clock check. Bathrobes!! YES! Blackout curtains - VERY important! Coffee/tea maker - YES! Desk - YES! Free bottled water - nice touch! Hair dryer - essential. In-room safe box - good for peace of mind. Mini bar - might be useful. Non-smoking - GOOD. Refrigerator - yes, yes, yes! Sofa - luxurious. And the best part: Window that opens. Fresh air is a must.

Spa & Relaxation (The "Escape" Part):

Okay, the "luxury" promise. Here's where they REALLY need to deliver. Fitness center: Great! I should probably use it. Swimming pool [outdoor]- LOVE. And a Pool with view? OOH la la! Spa: Okay, let's talk about the dream. I want the full works. A Massage. A Body scrub, and a Body wrap. Sauna, Steamroom, and maybe a Foot bath? YES, please! Quick side rant: I once went to a "luxury" spa that had, get this, fake flowers. FAKE FLOWERS. I was so insulted. So, DeRidder Best Western Plus, if you're reading this, NO FAKE FLOWERS! Real, fresh, glorious blooms, or nothing at all! [Spa / Sauna] Seems a little too generic.

Things to Do (Because You Can't Just Sleep!):

They have the standard stuff (Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Indoor venue for special events, Outdoor venue for special events). Sounds like they're geared towards business or celebrations. But what can you do around DeRidder? That's the million-dollar question. I sure as heck don't know! Research time!

For the Kids (and Families):

Babysitting service- handy! Family/child friendly.

My Verdict – Before I’ve Even Booked!

Okay, I like what I'm seeing. This Best Western Plus seems like a pretty good bet. It hits the major points: Cleanliness and safety are top priorities, decent food and drink options, and a chance to actually relax with a spa. The amenities in the room are good, and the accessibility seems in place. I am skeptical, and cautiously optimistic, but the potential for that "escape" is definitely there. Now it's time to actually book, and hope the reality lives up to the hype!


The "Escape to Luxury: DeRidder's Best Western Plus Awaits!" Offer (That Actually Works):

Headline: Craving a Getaway? DeRidder's Best Western Plus is Calling! (Seriously, Book Now!)

Body: Tired of the same old routine? Yearning for a little pampering and peace? Then escape to the Best Western Plus in DeRidder! We're talking a sanctuary of comfort, safety, and everything you REALLY want in a vacation.

  • Unwind & Recharge: Picture yourself sinking into a plush bed in a non-smoking room equipped with ALL the essentials (and hopefully, those sweet, sweet blackout curtains). Enjoy the luxurious bathroom, relax with free Wi-Fi, and breathe the fresh air from your opening window.
  • Spa-mazing Relaxation: Indulge in a blissful spa experience (Hello, massage and sauna!), or relax by our outdoor pool (with a view!). And after the day of self-care, head over to the restaurant.
Escape to Paradise: Novotel Suites Nice Aeroport Awaits!

Book Now

Best Western Plus DeRidder Inn and Suites Deridder (LA) United States

Best Western Plus DeRidder Inn and Suites Deridder (LA) United States

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to orchestrate a stay at the fabled Best Western Plus DeRidder Inn and Suites in DeRidder, Louisiana. This isn't going to be some sterile, bullet-pointed travelogue. This is going to be a diary of my descent into… well, we'll see. Prepare for a rollercoaster of lukewarm coffee, questionable decisions, and the unvarnished truth about small-town Louisiana.

Day 1: Arrival and the Crushing Weight of Anticipation (and a Slightly Dinged Car)

  • 3:00 PM: Arrival & First Impressions - A Deep Breath and a Prayer

    • Okay, the drive in was… eventful. Let’s just say my GPS and I have a complicated relationship. Ended up on a dirt road that definitely wasn't on the map. My car, bless its heart, now has another battle scar (courtesy of a rogue, overzealous bush).
    • Pulling up to the Best Western, I felt a pang of… hope? It actually looked like the pictures! The lobby was kind of blah, but the check-in lady was friendly. Really, really friendly. Like, maybe-she-needs-a-friend friendly. I kind of liked it.
    • The room itself? Standard issue motel fare. Two queen beds, a slightly musty smell (that's become its own perfume), and a TV that, bless its heart, had about 50 channels, 49 of which were religious programming. Guess I’ll be brushing up on my scripture! And… whispers…the air conditioner makes a sound like a dying cat. We're off to a great start.
  • 4:30 PM: DeRidder Orientation, or "Where the Heck Am I?"

    • So, I figure, gotta get my bearings. I jump in that trusty, now-slightly-pessimistic car and head out. First stop? The "historic" downtown. Let me tell you, historic is a generous word. There's a courthouse (pretty impressive), a few vacant storefronts, and a pervasive feeling of… quietude. This town, like the weather, is slow.
    • I wandered around, feeling a bit like an alien dropped into a forgotten episode of "Mayberry." Found a little antique store, which was a goldmine of dusty treasures and the owner was a font of local gossip, told me all about the latest drama at the pig races. Apparently, Mildred’s prize-winning hog, Bessie Mae, ran off with the neighbor’s… well, it's a long and messy story.
    • My first meal. A small diner, where the waitress called me “honey” and the burgers were something I hadn’t tasted since I was a child.
  • 7:00 PM: Dinner and the Battle with the TV

    • Back at the hotel. The dying cat air conditioner is still going strong, serenading me with its wheezy lullaby.
    • The TV is my cross to bear. Finally found a channel playing a movie, but the picture kept flickering, and the volume was so low I had to strain to hear it over the air conditioner. It must have been a movie from the 1970s.
  • 9:00 PM: The Bed Beckons (And Hopefully, Sleep)

    • I’m exhausted. Exhausted from the trip, exhausted from the quiet, exhausted from the… everything. I’m pretty sure I'm starting to resemble a beige, slightly grumpy, human being.

Day 2: Deeper Into the Rabbit Hole… and the Fried Food

  • 7:00 AM: Breakfast (An Adventure in Itself)

    • Free breakfast, woohoo! Usually, at these places, it's the stuff of legend (or, more accurately, legendarily bad).
    • Okay, so the coffee was, as expected, lukewarm. The powdered eggs… oh, the powdered eggs. They had the texture of rubber and the flavor of despair. The toast was… toast. The pre-packaged mini-muffins, however, weren't too bad.
  • 9:00 AM: Exploring the Great Outdoors (Or, At Least, The Perimeter of the Hotel)

    • I figured I should at least pretend to be a tourist. I took a walk around the hotel. It's not exactly the Louvre. There's a small pool. And a slightly sad-looking patch of grass. You know the cliché? You can tell that it’s been there for ages.
    • My emotional reaction? I think I can safely say that my appreciation for urban landscapes has been increased. The lack of anything is beginning to grate on me.
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch & The Quest for Authentic Louisiana Cuisine

    • Heard that there was a "local favorite" restaurant. Let’s be honest, the bar is pretty low at this point. I’ll prepare myself for something… interesting.
    • The menu was… overwhelming. Every item covered in fried food, it was like someone had just invented flavor. I went for the fried catfish.
    • The Verdict? The Catfish was perfectly fried, crisp on the outside, flakey on the inside, and served with hushpuppies that were simultaneously greasy and heavenly. Maybe, just maybe, DeRidder had something to offer after all.
  • 2:00 PM: A Trip Down Memory Lane (and into a Cemetery)

    • Decided to visit the local cemetery. I know, I know, it's morbid. But I'm fascinated by history, and cemeteries are like, the literal history books of a town. Wandering through the rows of weathered tombstones, I imagined the lives of the people buried there.
    • It was very touching. And a little creepy. I got a sudden urge to start writing my own obituary, just to get it over with.
  • 6:00 PM: Embracing the Silence (and the Wifi)

    • Back at the hotel. The air conditioner moans its siren song. The TV is off. And the silence… is deafening. But, the wifi is okay here, so, I'll be here a while.
    • I am going to embrace the silence. And maybe write a really, really long email to all my friends, detailing my descent into… whatever this is. I think I need to learn some knitting and take up gardening.

Day 3: The Departure (And the Lingering Sense of… Something)

  • 8:00 AM: Farewell Breakfast & a Final Look Around

    • Same breakfast, same lukewarm coffee, same rubber eggs. I’m starting to think it’s a deliberate test of my character.
    • Made one last survey of my room. That musty smell is still going strong. The dying cat air conditioner is still sputtering. I’m starting to think I’m going to miss this place. In its own weird, quirky way, it's been… an experience.
  • 9:00 AM: A Visit to the Local Museum - A Sudden Revelation

    • Against my better judgment, I decided to go. The museum wasn't impressive in terms of art and culture, but one room had something worth considering. I’m suddenly realizing the importance of community.
  • 10:00 AM: Checking Out & The Road Ahead

    • I say goodbye to the friendly check-in lady. Her smile seems a little sad. Maybe she's been here longer than I have. Maybe she sees some of my personality on her face.
    • I get in the car and drive out of DeRidder. The road ahead is long.
    • Did I enjoy it? Maybe not. Was it an experience? Absolutely. I’m leaving with a weird mix of exhaustion, bemusement, and… a strange sense of gratitude. Yeah, I’m going to miss that dying cat air conditioner, in a weird way.
  • 10:30 AM: A Long Thought…

    • As I drove out of town, I found myself missing the familiar monotony of Best Western, the friendly local lady, and the greasy catfish.
    • Maybe… maybe I need to come back. To slow down. To let go more often.

The end. (For now, anyway).

Capri's Hidden Gem: Hotel il Girasole - Unforgettable Italian Escape

Book Now

Best Western Plus DeRidder Inn and Suites Deridder (LA) United States

Best Western Plus DeRidder Inn and Suites Deridder (LA) United StatesOkay, buckle up, buttercups! We're about to dive headfirst into the questionable, occasionally spectacular world of "Escape to Luxury: DeRidder's Best Western Plus Awaits!" Prepare for a chaotic, opinionated, and definitely not-sponsored FAQ. Here we go:

Okay, so "Escape to Luxury"? Really? Is this thing… actually luxurious?

Alright, let's be honest. We're not talking Ritz-Carlton here. "Luxury" is a relative term. If your definition of luxury is 'a clean bed, a working TV, and enough coffee to power a small town,' then YES. You've found your paradise. Look, I went in expecting a slightly fancier Best Western. I got a slightly fancier Best Western. The lobby was... well, the lobby *tried*. It had those fancy hotel chairs that look amazing but you sink into like quicksand. I swear, I nearly lost my car keys in one. That said, the pool area? Actually pretty nice. It felt like a mini-oasis...until the screaming kids showed up. More on that later.

What's the deal with the "Plus" part? Does it magically give you free champagne?

The "Plus" designation… I'm still not entirely sure. Maybe it's a slightly upgraded continental breakfast? (Spoiler: It is.) Maybe it’s slightly thicker towels? (Possibly.) Sadly, no champagne. Trust me, I looked. I even asked the front desk, half-jokingly. The poor guy looked like he'd heard that question a thousand times. He chuckled and said, "We wish, ma'am." So, "Plus"? It elevates it slightly. But don't hold your breath for caviar and a private butler. Though, I *would* have gone for the butler. Always.

Is the breakfast really as soul-crushingly boring as I've heard Best Western breakfasts can be?

Okay, the breakfast. This is where things get... complex. It was... *there*. The usual suspects were present: rubbery scrambled eggs, questionable sausage patties (I *think* they were sausage), sugary cereal, and the ever-present waffle maker (which, let's be honest, is the *only* reason anyone eats Best Western breakfast). The coffee was... caffeinated. It served a purpose: keeping me awake enough to navigate the morning chaos. Speaking of chaos, there was this family... ugh, the kids were running amok, grabbing all the waffles. I saw one kid put *six* in a pile! I swear, it’s a competition at those things. I feel a deep-seated resentment rising every time I think about it... It was a microcosm of life, really. You fight for your waffle, or you get nothing.

What about the pool? I'm a pool person. Tell me everything!

The pool! Okay, the pool was... good. REALLY good. It wasn't Olympic-sized, obviously. But it had that perfect hotel pool vibe. Sparkling clean water (thank goodness!), plenty of sun loungers (at least when I got there!), and the general blissful noise of splashing kids and half-hearted conversations. Yes, there were kids. LOTS of kids. The sound of pure, unadulterated JOY. It kinda made me miss my own childhood. Then, reality set in. I wanted peace, and it was fleeting. I went in for a swim, it was lovely. The chlorine was strong, but it was a nice respite. Then, there was the little ankle-biter who kept splashing me, which I, in my advanced age, was not a fan of, to say the least. But overall? The pool was the highlight. Definitely the highlight. It's the only reason I gave this place even three out of five stars.

Is it actually a good place to, like, *sleep*? What about noise?

The sleep situation… It's a bit of a gamble, isn't it? Your mileage may vary. My room was… alright. The bed was comfy enough. The pillows were, weirdly, amazing. I think I could have slept on them forever. Noise-wise? Well, I was on the second floor, away from the street, so that helped. But you could still hear the occasional door slamming, people talking in the hallways, and the faint echo of the aforementioned screaming children from the pool. I highly recommend earplugs. Or, you know, just accepting that hotel life is inherently noisy. It's part of the charm...ish.

What about the staff? Are they friendly? Helpful? Do they judge my questionable fashion choices?

The staff were… perfectly fine. Perfectly… hotel staff. They were polite, efficient, and didn't bat an eye at my travel-weary attire. That being said, the woman at the front desk actually *smiled* and remembered my room number, so bonus points for her. The cleaning staff were super friendly; I caught them humming a cheerful song while they were cleaning down the hall, which was a delightful change from the usual hushed hotel vibes. No complaints! Overall, they were good. They are trying their best, dealing with… well, the usual hotel shenanigans. I appreciated that. They deserve a raise.

So, bottom line: Should I actually "Escape to Luxury"?

Look, it depends on your definition of escape. If you need a clean bed, a hot shower, and a place to recharge after a long road trip, absolutely. If you are looking for a full-blown luxury experience? Temper those expectations. But, honestly? For the price, the Best Western Plus in DeRidder is totally acceptable. The pool is a definite draw. Just bring earplugs, your own coffee, and a healthy dose of tolerance for screaming children. And maybe try to avoid the waffle-devouring kids. Just sayin'. I'd go back. Probably. I'm weak like that, and sometimes you just need a break from the world… even if that world includes slightly sad scrambled eggs. And maybe, just maybe, there's a tiny bit of luxury to be found in that, too.

Okay, let's get real... what was your *worst* experience there? Give me the raw, unfiltered truth.

Oh, you want the *real* lowdown? Okay, brace yourself. It wasn't a single event, it was the *cumulative* experience of trying to actually relax in the room. There was the incessant hum of the air conditioner, a constant, low thrum that vibrated through the walls and into my very soul. It made me want to scream. And then there was the TV. The remote was… ancient. I spent a solid 15 minutes just trying to figure out how to change the channel. And let's not forget the lighting. It was either full-on, soul-destroying fluorescent strip lighting or a dim, depressing glow from a single bedside lamp that barely illuminated anything. It was like living in a slightly more depressing DMV office. It was… unsettling. I swear, every time I tried to unwind, something else popped up to remind me that I was, in fact, not living in luxury but in a Best Western Plus in DeRidder, Louisiana. SighHotel Search Tips

Best Western Plus DeRidder Inn and Suites Deridder (LA) United States

Best Western Plus DeRidder Inn and Suites Deridder (LA) United States

Best Western Plus DeRidder Inn and Suites Deridder (LA) United States

Best Western Plus DeRidder Inn and Suites Deridder (LA) United States