Escape to Paradise: Arizona's Best-Kept Secret Inn Awaits!

Best Western Apache Junction Inn Phoenix (AZ) United States

Best Western Apache Junction Inn Phoenix (AZ) United States

Escape to Paradise: Arizona's Best-Kept Secret Inn Awaits!

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we’re diving deep into Escape to Paradise: Arizona's Best-Kept Secret Inn Awaits! And let me tell you, after this review, you'll either be booking a flight immediately or you'll be saying, "Nope, not for me." No middle ground. Let's get messy!

Escape to Paradise: Arizona's Best-Kept Secret Inn Awaits! - A Real-Talk Review (with a Touch of Crazy)

Right, so here's the deal. I, your intrepid reviewer, just spent a week "escaping to paradise" (cue dramatic music) – or, you know, trying to. I’m talking about Escape to Paradise, that Arizona inn that allegedly has it all. And all is a big ask, isn't it? So, let's break it down, shall we? This is gonna be a long one, so grab a coffee, a beer, or a gallon of your favorite beverage and let's get to it.

Accessibility: A Mixed Bag (and a Bit of a Climb)

Okay, first off, Accessibility. I'm gonna be honest, I don't have any mobility issues myself, but I'm always hyper-aware of this because, well, everyone deserves a vacation. The review says "Facilities for disabled guests" are available, which is a promising start, but don't get too excited. The listing doesn't go into HUGE detail. Elevators are noted, thank god. It's Arizona, and I'm assuming it's really hilly, so that's a plus. But, real talk: If you need a high level of accessibility, call the hotel directly. And, I mean CALL, don't email. Get a real person and grill them. Details matter. It's Arizona, and I'm assuming it's really hilly, so that's a plus. But, real talk: If you need a high level of accessibility, call the hotel directly. And, I mean CALL, don't email. Get a real person and grill them. Details matter.

On-site Accessible Restaurants / Lounges: No specific mention, again, call and ask!

Wheelchair accessible: See accessibility section above. Call and inquire.

Internet – And the Modern-Day Requirement of Sanity

Alright, let's talk internet. This is a big one, especially for those of us who need to, you know, work. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Praise be! They also offer Internet (LAN) – which, for the tech geeks among us, is a nice touch, especially if you need a super-stable connection. And, of course, Wi-Fi in public areas. No one wants to be stuck in the lobby desperately trying to upload a photo. This is all great. I can't live without my interenet. If I can't have internet, I can't exist. I'm a digital nomad and if I don't have interenet, I perish.

Things to Do and Ways to Relax: Paradise, or Just a Nice Hotel?

This is where things get interesting. "Escape to Paradise" is a great name but does it deliver? I'll give it to you straight!

  • Spa/Sauna/Steamroom: Tick, tick, tick. Oh, the thought of a Sauna already makes my skin tingle. Are you ready to be pruned! A relaxing body scrub and body wrap sounds like absolute bliss (I'm a sucker for those).
  • Massage: YES (always). I can’t stress this enough: If they have a good masseuse, this is a game changer.
  • Pool with a View, Sauna, Steamroom: All the essentials. I need a Swimming pool to laze in.
  • Fitness Center/Gym/Fitness: If you're the type who actually uses the gym on vacation, good for you. I'm not. But, hey, it's there.
  • Foot bath: Um, okay. I'm intrigued.

But, here's the thing. It's all about vibes, right? Is it a place where you can actually RELAX, or just a place with amenities? This is what I need to know. Are they worth it?

Cleanliness and Safety: COVID-19 and Beyond - Are they doing things RIGHT?

Okay, let's get serious for a second. Travel in the age of COVID is a minefield of anxiety. Does Escape to Paradise take it seriously? Here’s what's on offer:

  • Anti-viral cleaning products: Good start.
  • Daily disinfection in common areas: Essential.
  • Hand sanitizer: Everywhere, please.
  • Hygiene certification: Excellent if they have it.
  • Individually-wrapped food options: Necessary.
  • Physical distancing of at least 1 meter: It's the law, but is it enforced?
  • Professional-grade sanitizing services: Sounds professional.
  • Room sanitization opt-out available: Nice option for those who are extra careful.
  • Rooms sanitized between stays: Essential.
  • Safe dining setup: What does this even mean? We need details.
  • Sanitized kitchen and tableware items: Obvious, but good to see it listed.
  • Staff trained in safety protocol: Critical.
  • Sterilizing equipment: Let's hope.

Here's the bottom line: Seeing all these safety measures listed is reassuring. But, you can still catch the 'rona.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Let's Eat (and Drink!)

This is where the review could go either way. I'm a foodie. A serious foodie. So, here goes:

  • Restaurants: Plural! Good.
  • Bar, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Poolside bar: Essentials for a relaxing trip.
  • Breakfast [buffet] / Breakfast service / Western breakfast: I love a buffet!
  • A la carte in restaurant / Alternative meal arrangement / Asian cuisine / International Cuisine / Vegetarian restaurant / Western cuisine / Soup in restaurant / Salad in restaurant / Desserts in restaurant: If they offer all of this, I'm in heaven.
  • Room service [24-hour]: Praise the heavens! 24-hour room service is a MUST. Especially for those late-night cravings.
  • Snack bar / Coffee shop: Always a plus.
  • Bottle of water: A nice touch.

My experience? OK, let's be real. The breakfast buffet was okay. Standard stuff, but with a surprisingly amazing omelet station (score!). The poolside bar was a lifesaver. Their margaritas? Delicious. But service was a little slow depending on the time of day.

Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter

  • Air conditioning in public area: Duh.
  • Concierge, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Facilities for disabled guests, Ironing service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meeting stationery, Outdoor venue for special events, Safety deposit boxes, Terrace: A good range of conveniences.
  • Cash withdrawal, Currency exchange, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Laundry service, Smoking area, Xerox/fax in business center: All useful.
  • Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, On-site event hosting, Projector/LED display, Seminars, Wi-Fi for special events: Solid if you need them.
  • Airport transfer, Bicycle parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking: They have all the transportation options.

For the Kids: Family-Friendly or Family-Freaking-Nightmare?

  • Babysitting service / Family/child friendly / Kids facilities / Kids meal: Crucial for parents wanting a break.

Rooms: The Heart of the Matter

Did I like my room? Absolutely! I could have stayed in that freaking room forever. I'm not easily impressed, but the room was a damn dream. It had a Non-smoking policy which is a huge plus. The Air conditioning was a life-saver. The Blackout curtains meant I could sleep until noon. It had a Coffee/tea maker, and, let's be honest, that's important. The desk was the perfect size for working. The Extra long bed was big enough. You get a Free bottled water and a Hair dryer. They provided Ironing facilities and a Laptop workspace. Mini bar: essential. A Seating area for relaxing. A Separate shower/bathtub and a Toiletries. The Wi-Fi [free] worked perfectly. Window that opens: This is a huge plus!

Here's the kicker:

  • Additional toilet.
  • Bathrobes.
  • Bathroom phone.
  • Bathtub.
  • Closet.
  • Complimentary tea. *
Ibis Adana: Your Luxury Escape Awaits in Turkey's Hidden Gem!

Book Now

Best Western Apache Junction Inn Phoenix (AZ) United States

Best Western Apache Junction Inn Phoenix (AZ) United States

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this ain't your grandma's meticulously planned trip. This is my Apache Junction adventure, and it's gonna be… well, it's gonna be something. Let's see if I can remember it all, because honestly, after that prickly pear margarita, it's all a bit… hazy.

The Best Western Apache Junction Inn & Beyond: A Messy, Glorious Itinerary

Day 1: Arrival and Immediate Regret (Maybe? Probably Not)

  • 1:00 PM MST: Arrived at Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport. Ugh. Airports. Why are they always so… sterile? It's like a giant, air-conditioned petri dish of stress and questionable sandwiches. Found the rental car, a dusty Nissan Versa named… I’ll get back to you on that, probably. (Spoiler alert: I never named it).
  • 2:30 PM: Made it to the Best Western. Okay, not bad. The check-in lady, bless her heart, had the patience of a saint. Turns out, I'd booked a smoking room by mistake. My mistake. Never again. The smell… it’s a commitment, that’s what it is. Made a mental note: next time, double-check EVERYTHING.
  • 3:00 PM: Settled in. The room? Standard Best Western. Cleanish. The pool looked promising, though. More on that later, maybe.
  • 3:30 PM: Realized I was STARVING. Immediately, I'm thinking of that classic movie where the main character is starving… oh, wait, that's me right now. I'm the main character! Scoured the immediate area for food. Found a… diner. It had a sign that said "Best Breakfast in Town!" I'm not sure what this place's name is. All I know is breakfast and it's never too late for breakfast.
  • 4:30 PM: I ate the best breakfast in town. No complaints here. The coffee was hot and strong, just how I like it. The pancakes? Fluffy clouds of pure joy. I even ordered a second plate. Judge me all you want.
  • 6:00 PM: Drove to the Superstition Mountains. The scale of the desert, the sheer emptiness, it's… stunning. And yes, I got stuck in a bit of traffic on the way back. The sun was setting… oh the sunsets. This is what I came for. And then I got stuck in a bit of traffic on the way back to that Best Western.
  • 8:00 PM: Dinner, poolside. Ate a burger. It tasted like it had been made with love. The moon was out. And I was still alive. Pretty good start, all things considered.

Day 2: Cactus, Canyons, and Cranky Me:

  • 7:00 AM: Okay, maybe I should have eaten a better breakfast. Or maybe I should have gotten more sleep. I woke up extra early! And grumpy. "The sun is in my eyes! The pool is too loud!"
  • 8:00 AM: Drove to Goldfield Ghost Town. It's touristy, yes. But it's also kinda charming, in a dusty, Wild West kind of way. I saw a man wearing a cowboy hat and a fanny pack. It was… a look.
  • 9:00 AM: I rode a train. I did. And I loved it.
  • 9:30 AM: I saw a gunfight. They shoot blanks, ya know. And they’re acting, so it was all fine! I was so much in awe, I almost forgot I hated the sun. The heat and sun do not feel good at all.
  • 11:00 AM: Okay, the heat. It’s getting to me. But I am determined to continue my journey. Drove to Canyon Lake. The water looked inviting. I thought about jumping in. But then I remembered my fear of alligators. Nope. Hard pass.
  • 12:30 PM: Lunch at a lakeside restaurant. The fish tacos were surprisingly good. I'm sorry, but the heat is making me very irritable.
  • 2:00 PM: Went for a short hike. Saw some cacti. They looked… stabby. I kept my distance. I'm not entirely sure who I was more worried about: the cacti or myself.
  • 3:30 PM: Sunburn setting in. Ouch. Should have worn more sunscreen. (Note to self: learn from your mistakes.)
  • 4:30 PM: Back to the Best Western. Pool time! Hooray! It was crowded, loud, with many children. I’m not sure it was the relaxation I was looking for, but I loved it nonetheless!
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner on the patio. So much better. I watched the sunset. It was beautiful, and the air wasn’t too hot. And I felt… happy, I think.

Day 3: The Day I Faced My Fears (Sorta) and Got Lost (Definitely)

  • 8:00 AM: Finally ate some breakfast! At least it was not a repeat of yesterday's "best breakfast in town" I am getting hungry.
  • 9:00 AM: Decided to venture out. It's a beautiful day. So I drove… somewhere. I don't remember exactly where.
  • 11:00 AM: Got lost. Really lost. The GPS wasn't helping. The scenery was pretty, though, in a deserted-wasteland kind of way.
  • 12:00 PM: Asked for directions. The helpful local said, "Just head east until you see the giant saguaro cactus. Can't miss it!" I swear, this is what they say in the movies.
  • 1:00 PM: Found the giant saguaro cactus! And civilization! Apparently. After that, it was all fine.
  • 2:00 PM: Found a charming little cafe. Had iced tea. I think it was called a "desert rose". It was pink!
  • 3:00 PM: Relaxed by the pool. So what if there were a million kids? I don't care!
  • 5:00 PM: I'll catch the sunset if I can.

Day 4: Departure and Existential Regrets

  • 7:00 AM: Packing. Ugh, packing.
  • 8:00 AM: One last breakfast.
  • 9:00 AM: Checkout. Goodbye Best Western – you were… an experience.
  • 10:00 AM: Headed to the airport. Goodbye. And I can't help but think that I'm leaving a part of myself in Arizona.
  • 2:00 PM: Back home.

Overall: This trip was… messy. And honest. And funny. And human. I got sunburned, lost, and ate way too many pancakes. But I also saw some amazing sights, met some interesting people (including the patient check-in lady), and felt a connection to something… bigger. Would I go back? Absolutely. Probably. Maybe. Definitely in a few years. After I've recovered. And maybe with more sunscreen. And definitely with a better sense of direction. And okay, fine, maybe a slightly less messy itinerary next time. But no promises. Because honestly, where's the fun in perfection?

Marshalltown's BEST Comfort Inn? (South Location Review!)

Book Now

Best Western Apache Junction Inn Phoenix (AZ) United States

Best Western Apache Junction Inn Phoenix (AZ) United States

Okay, spill the tea! What *exactly* is this "Escape to Paradise" place? Sounds like a movie title... which, honestly, I'm half-expecting it to be.

Alright, buckle up, buttercup, because "Escape to Paradise" is NOT a bad Rom-Com (though the sunsets *could* star in one!). It's this little... thing... in Arizona. Think: Old West Charm meets, well, someone with a serious green thumb and an unhealthy obsession with string lights. Honestly, I stumbled across it. I was *convinced* I was going to hate it. I’m a city slicker through and through. The desert? My idea of hell. But LISTEN. This place... it's... different. It's an inn, a tiny, charming, slightly ramshackle inn. Don't go expecting a Four Seasons. Expect a place that feels like you've accidentally wandered into a very lovely, very welcoming, and slightly disorganized family reunion.

So, "charming" and "ramshackle"... are we talking "rustic chic" or "falling apart"? Be honest, please. My travel style is, shall we say, delicate.

Okay, okay, I get it. "Delicate" is a great euphemism. Look, it's not *brand* new. There's a certain... patina. Some might call it "character." Others, well, let's just say the plumbing *occasionally* grumbles. But here’s the magic: Somehow, it all *works*. The slightly wonky doors, the mismatched furniture... it contributes to the charm. It's like staying in your eccentric, super-cool Aunt Mildred's guest house. She might be a bit bonkers (and prone to leaving cryptic notes about the "desert spirits"), but damn is she fun to be around. Bring earplugs if you're a light sleeper. And maybe a small flashlight. Just in case.

The website promises "unforgettable sunsets and stargazing." Is that hype, or is it real? Because I’m tired of Instagram filters lying to me.

Oh, the sunsets. LORD, the sunsets. Okay, so, *yes*. The hype is real. I'm not kidding when I say they will absolutely blow your mind. The first night, I think I actually cried. From joy? From the sheer beauty? Honestly, a bit of both. AND the stargazing! Being from the city, I see maybe *three* stars if I'm lucky on a clear night. Here? It's like someone took a giant, cosmic glitter cannon and just... *pffft!*... exploded it across the sky. One night, I stayed outside for HOURS. I saw a shooting star. I made a wish. I’m not saying it’s a *guaranteed* wish-granting scenario, but… the vibes were immaculate. Be warned though, you may end up staring at the Milky Way for hours on end like I did the first few nights because, yeah, it's THAT good.

What's the deal with the food? I need caffeine and, frankly, I need to eat. Like, a lot. Is it included? Good? I need specifics!

Okay, food. Yes, breakfast is included. Yes, there is coffee. *Excellent* coffee, I might add. It's not the bland, lukewarm sludge you get at some places. They, and I say this with genuine warmth, make a *fierce* brew. Breakfast itself? Varies. One day it was these *amazing* huevos rancheros (seriously, I dream about them). The next, a lighter continental spread. Don't expect a Michelin-starred restaurant experience, but do expect fresh, homemade goodness. And plenty of it. (I mean, I ate like a starved wolf the whole time, and I wasn't even hungry starting out, so... it was good.) As for lunch and dinner, you're on your own. But, the Inn is in a perfect location to visit town and restaurants and get a taste of the local cuisine.

Alright, let’s get down to brass tacks: The rooms? Are they clean? Comfortable? Do they have, like, AC? Because Arizona heat is NO JOKE. And, the bathroom, how's the bathroom?

Okay, on to the logistics... Yes, the rooms are clean. *Very* clean. They might not be the size of a ballroom, and the decor is definitely "eclectic grandma chic," but everything is spotless. AC? Yep. Thank GOD for AC. You’ll need it. And trust me you need it. The bathrooms are a bit small, but perfectly functional. My room was, by the way, the 'Purple Room.' Not sure how that got to be the name, but it was, and the toilet flushed like a champ, and the shower had decent water pressure. I can’t ask for more. They also supply all the basics–soap, shampoo, the whole shebang. No complaints there.

Who tends to enjoy staying at Escape to Paradise? What kind of people are there?

Well, it wasn't all just me. The other guests, I'd say they were a mixed bag. You get couples, you get solo travelers, you get… well, I think the most interesting thing about it is the vibe. It's a place that encourages people to be… themselves. It doesn't matter if you're a hiker in Vibram shoes or someone who's more into the "lounging in a hammock with a good book" type of thing. Which, by the way, I did. A lot. I found myself chatting with some really interesting people. There were the obligatory "retired people on an adventure", but also some young people and some people that made me think a lot about life. It's not a super-loud party place, but it's friendly and casual. You're not going to find a bunch of stuffy types. It's a place that just… *is*. And that, I found, was utterly refreshing. So, basically, if you're open to meeting other people, or if you want time to yourself, it offers both.

Okay, okay, I'm intrigued. But... what if something goes wrong? Are the owners responsive and helpful? I need to know I'm looked after if the SHTF.

Okay, this is important. I feel this very strongly. The owners... they are AMAZING. I mean, ridiculously so. One time, I managed to lock myself out of my room (don't ask). I called them, and within *minutes*, someone was there to unlock it. They're genuinely invested in making sure you have a good time. And, and here's the best part: They're not intrusive. They leave you to your own devices unless you need something. Then? They're there, ready to help! It feels like staying with a truly lovely and helpful family. Seriously, the owners make the whole experience. They're the heart and soul of the place. They just want you to have a good time. I felt like they were taking care of me. I really did.

So, you mentioned string lights. What else is cool? Are there activities? Like, what can I *do* there, besidesHotels Blog Guide

Best Western Apache Junction Inn Phoenix (AZ) United States

Best Western Apache Junction Inn Phoenix (AZ) United States

Best Western Apache Junction Inn Phoenix (AZ) United States

Best Western Apache Junction Inn Phoenix (AZ) United States