Escape to Houston: Luxurious Stay at Best Western Plus New Caney Inn & Suites!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the "Escape to Houston: Luxurious Stay at Best Western Plus New Caney Inn & Suites!" - and let me tell you, after a week of staring at spreadsheets and battling the existential dread of laundry day, I needed this review to be honest and raw! Forget the sanitized, PR-approved fluff; we're going full-on chaotic, real-world experience here.
First Impressions (and a Confession):
Alright, so the goal was "luxurious," right? Let's just say my definition of luxury slightly skews towards "doesn't involve me scrubbing a toilet on a Tuesday." Pulling up to the Best Western Plus New Caney Inn & Suites, it looked, well, like a Best Western Plus. Clean, nicely kept exterior. Not exactly the kind of place where you'd expect a secret waterfall spa… but hey, sometimes a good, solid, non-leaky roof is all you need. (Remember that time I stayed in a "charming cottage" and woke up to a bat clinging to the curtains? Yeah, solid roofs are underrated).
Accessibility & the Tech-Savvy Traveler (me!):
Okay, crucial. I'm relatively mobile, but knowing a place gets accessibility is a huge win. They seemed to have their act together, with elevators and accessible rooms available. Huge plus. Now, the Wi-Fi - and this is where I get all twitchy-eyed. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!, they boast. Glorious! I’m pretty sure I developed a caffeine addiction from spending a whole day trying to debug my code, so internet access is as important as oxygen. And let me tell you: The internet was a blessing. Stable, reliable, and it reached every corner of my room. Phew.
The Room: My Little Sanctuary (with a Few Hiccups):
So, my room? Nicely appointed. Air conditioning in all rooms? Check. Blackout curtains? YES! (My sleep schedule is a disaster). Daily housekeeping? Bliss. Free bottled water? Score! The bed… ah, the bed. Let's be real, a good bed can make or break a stay. Surprisingly comfy. Firm, but not rock-hard. The extra-long bed was a godsend. (I’m six feet tall, and legroom and sleep are top priorities.) There was even an in-room safe box. (For, you know, hiding away that secret stash of chocolate I inevitably accumulate.)
One (minor, very minor) snag… the mirror positioning. Seriously? I'm a giant. I had to duck to get a decent view. First-world problems, I guess.
Cleanliness & Safety: They Get It! (Especially in These Times):
Let's face it, the pandemic has made us all germaphobes, right? The Best Western Plus New Caney Inn & Suites actually impressed me here. They were all over the Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, and Room sanitization between stays. I saw staff wiping down surfaces like their lives depended on it (maybe they did, who knows!). There's also hand sanitizer dispensers scattered around. Honestly, I felt more secure there than I do wandering around my own apartment. Staff trained in safety protocol? Check. Cashless payment service? Check. Individually-wrapped food options? Bless you, Best Western!
And the Hot water linen and laundry washing - I'd pay extra just for knowing my bedding was properly cleaned.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Not a Foodie Paradise, But…Okay:
Alright, let's be honest, you're not coming here for a Michelin-star experience. Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast takeaway service – that's what they offered, and it fit the bill, but it was kinda ordinary. Scrambled eggs, suspect sausage… you get the gist. It was edible, it wasn't going to win any culinary awards. They did have a coffee/tea in restaurant, which was a godsend.
There was a snack bar, which was a lifesaver during the late-night coding sessions and the occasional afternoon slump. More variety would be appreciated.
They did have a restaurants, but I skipped it - I'm not sure the menu was worth it.
Things to Do & Ways to Relax: Mixed Bag.
Ooh. The Swimming pool [outdoor] looked inviting, but I didn't actually use it. (Because, let's face it, lounging by the pool is a skill I haven't mastered yet.)
Fitness center beckoned, but, well, let's just say my idea of "fitness" involves aggressively clicking a mouse.
They also have meeting/banquet facilities in case you’re planning on having a work event or seminar.
Services and Conveniences: Covered!
24-hour everything. Front desk [24-hour], room service [24-hour]. Huge win. Concierge: helpful. Doorman: a nice touch. Daily housekeeping: again, thank god. Laundry service: Needed that. Free car park? Yes, please! I will always appreciate a secure place to park my car.
Getting Around: The Easy Life!
The car park is free, and that is always a bonus.
Now for the good part: The Offer!
Okay, listen up! You deserve a break. Your brain needs to reboot. Your soul needs a getaway.
Here's the deal: Escape to Houston and experience a Luxurious Stay at Best Western Plus New Caney Inn & Suites. It's not just a hotel; it's a refuge. A place where you can (finally!) relax and recharge.
Book now and…
- Get 15% off your stay. (Because who doesn't love a good deal?)
- Enjoy a complimentary upgrade to a Deluxe room, (if available), giving you more space to spread out and recharge.
- Receive a voucher for a free drink to toast your well-deserved escape.
Why THIS hotel?
Because it's reliable. Because it's clean. Because it won't drain your bank account. Because, sometimes, a solid, no-nonsense getaway is exactly what you need.
Click here to book your escape NOW! Don't wait. Treat yourself. You deserve it!
Luxury Vietnam Apartment: 5-Star Ho Chi Minh City HavenAlright, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's perfectly-manicured travel itinerary. This is the real deal, Best Western Plus New Caney Inn and Suites in Houston, TX, edition. And let me tell you, she’s a beaut. (Or, well, potentially not. We'll see.)
Phase 1: Arrival and the Humble Beginnings of an Adventure (Probably a Messy One) - Day 1
- 1:00 PM: Arrive at the desolate Houston airport (IAH). Okay, desolate might be strong. But after 8 hours of staring at a crying baby on a plane, everything feels desolate. The first impression? Humidity. It hits you like a warm, damp, Texan hug. And I’m already sweating. Wonderful.
- 1:30 PM: Pick up the rental car. Pray to the tire gods I don't get one of those tiny, death-trap cars. Seriously, I'm used to Seattle's rain-slicked, pothole-riddled roads, not the land of the wide-open highway. I feel like I should have a cowboy hat. Or at least a water bottle big enough to combat this humidity.
- 2:30 PM: Navigate (emphasis on NEGOTIATE) Houston traffic. The GPS is a liar. The lanes are a suggestion. My blood pressure is already rising. I swear, I saw a guy on a lawnmower on the freeway. This is a thing, right? This is Texas?
- 3:30 PM: Arrive at the Best Western Plus New Caney Inn and Suites. Oh sweet, sweet, air-conditioned relief! Check-in process? Let's hope it's easier than getting out of the airport. My stomach growls. Time for a snack (and hopefully a nap!).
- 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Settle into the room. Assess the damage. Is the bed comfy? Does the AC work? Is there sufficient coffee available for this caffeine-dependent traveler? These are the real questions. Bonus points if there's a vending machine with actual good snacks.
- 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM: The GREAT DEBATE: Dinner. Do I dare venture out and find a real Texas BBQ place? Or do I succumb to the siren song of the hotel's complimentary cookies? (Let's be honest, probably the cookies first. That's how I roll).
- 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM: Dinner, if you're brave(BBQ- It sucked. It was BBQ-lite and overpriced. And I hate myself for not having had the courage to order the brisket.). Otherwise, cookie doom. Catch up on emails/social media/the fact that I need to pack a toothbrush for the upcoming trip with my family.
Phase 2: The Lone Star State Showdown (And the Truth About Tex-Mex) - Day 2
- 8:00 AM: Breakfast at the hotel (free breakfast, let's be real) . The continental breakfast is probably a crime against breakfast, but it's free food, so I'm in. Evaluate the waffle situation. Waffles make or break a morning, no?
- 9:00 AM: Driving. Driving, driving, driving! But Where? Should I go see Space? Downtown? Or the "World's Largest Tire"?
- 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Okay, so I gave it some thought. If I find myself having to go see the World's Largest tire, it's gonna be a no. Let's go to Space. The Space Center is the thing that makes Houston worth visiting.
- 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Luncheon Time. I'm feeling adventurous. Tex-Mex is THE THING, right? I've heard whispers of legendary queso and margaritas. But which place? There are infinite places. I will have to make a good choice.
- 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Relax and decompress. This is a much-needed activity after the Houston traffic, the space, and the Tex-Mex assault.
- 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM: Time for a walk! Maybe through a park. The hotel doesn't seem to have a pool, so maybe something more interesting would be welcome.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner. I'm already craving a burger, or a good soup. Whatever, tomorrow is a new day.
- 9:00 PM: Sleep. I hope. I hope it happens. I really need to rest.
Phase 3: Departure and the Aftermath of a Texas Adventure - Day 3
- 8:00 AM: I think I will stick to the muffins offered, less risk of being utterly disappointed.
- 9:00 AM: Okay, so I'm tired of being in Houston. My blood pressure has returned to normal levels after all the BBQ drama. I'm on my way out.
- 10:00 AM: Check out. Return the rental car. Say goodbye to the humidity.
- 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Head to the airport.
- 12:00 PM: Get on the plane.
- Later: Think about the trip. Remember the good stuff. Texas isn't too bad.
Important Notes & Rants:
- Budget: I have no idea. I'm the world's worst budgeter. Probably spent more than I should have. But hey, memories!
- Packing: I overpacked. It was hot. I wore the same two outfits the whole time. Should have just lived in a swimsuit.
- Overall Impression: This journey has been chaotic, imperfect, and totally worth it. Houston, you are a weird and wonderful place. And that Best Western was adequate. Now I need a vacation from my vacation.
And that, my friends, is my honest, messy, and completely human travel itinerary. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go find some aspirin. And maybe a therapist. But mostly aspirin.
Unbelievable Deals! St. Cloud's BEST Value Hotel Awaits!Escape to Houston: Seriously, Is the Best Western Plus New Caney Inn & Suites *Really* That Good? (Spoiler: Maybe!)
Okay, spill the beans. What's the *actual* vibe of this place? Like, is it just another cookie-cutter hotel?
Alright, alright, lemme tell you. I went in expecting... well, let's just say my expectations were subterranean. Best Western, New Caney... my brain conjured images of flickering fluorescent lights and a suspicious stain on the carpet. And, okay, *maybe* the fluorescent lights were a little *too* enthusiastic in the hallways. But honestly? It wasn't terrible. It was... functional. And, I'll be honest, sometimes that's all you need. The lobby actually smelled vaguely of lavender, which was a plus. And the front desk guy, bless his soul, had a genuine smile and a seemingly encyclopedic knowledge of local BBQ joints. He was the hero I didn't know I needed.
The "Luxurious Stay" part… is that pure marketing fluff? Be honest!
Luxurious? *Luxurious*? Okay, let's not get carried away. It's not the Ritz, people. Let's be clear. But... and this is where it gets weird... the pillows were actually *good*. Like, fluffy, supportive pillows that didn't immediately flatten into pancake-like oblivion the second you laid your head down. That, my friends, is a small victory in the grand scheme of hotel-ing. And the room? Clean. Really. Surprisingly clean. The air conditioning worked, which is vital in Houston, especially when you're coming from a place that doesn't *really* get humidity. So, maybe not "luxurious," but definitely a notch above "staying in a barn."
Speaking of the rooms, what are they *really* like? Size? Condition? Is the Wi-Fi even usable?
Okay, the rooms. Well, they weren't palatial, that's for sure. Standard hotel room size. Probably fine for a solo traveler or a couple. The furniture was… furniture. Nothing fancy, folks. But the bed *was* comfy, and the bathroom was… clean. Again. And, and I'm not kidding, the shower pressure was AMAZING. Like, face-melting, get-all-the-gunk-out amazing. That's a HUGE win in my book. Wi-Fi? It was decent. I managed to stream a movie without too much buffering. So, A+ for the shower, B+ for the Wi-Fi, B for the rest.
Breakfast. The bane of every hotel stay. Is it the usual sad continental spread?
Oh, the breakfast. This is where things get… interesting. Yes, there were the usual suspects: cereal (the kind that gets soggy in about 3 seconds), pre-packaged pastries (which I have to concede I indulged in, in mass quantities), and the ever-present coffee that tastes suspiciously like brown water. BUT! There were also… waffles. And, crucially, they had a freaking *waffle maker*. Now, I'm not a waffle snob, but fresh, warm waffles are a serious game-changer. So, the breakfast experience was, shall we say, a complex tapestry of disappointment and brief, shining moments of waffle-fueled joy. The coffee was terrible though. Absolutely terrible. I felt bad for the coffee and that's a damn sin. But hey, Waffles!
Location, location, location. What's around the hotel? Anything cool?
Okay, here's the deal: New Caney isn't exactly the bustling heart of Houston. It's… well, it's a bit… off the beaten path. But that's part of the charm, I guess. There's a gas station across the street, which is always handy for late-night snacks (I may or may not have raided it for gummy bears). And remember that front desk guy? He gave stellar BBQ recommendations, which is the *most* important thing in Texas. You're not exactly stumbling into a world-class museum district, but it's convenient for hitting up places like the Splendora Renassiance Festival, and most importantly, escaping the city sprawl for a few days is already worth the price.
So, the big question: Would you stay here again? Seriously?
Alright, honesty time. Would I *choose* this hotel for a five-star luxury vacation? Absolutely not. But for what it is— a clean, comfortable, reasonably priced place to crash in the Houston area? Yeah, I would. The waffle situation alone is enough to win me over. Add in the friendly staff and the surprisingly good shower, and you've got yourself a solid, no-frills hotel experience. It’s not perfect. Far from it. But it gets the job done. And sometimes, that’s all you need, especially after a long drive or a particularly stressful day. Plus, that front desk guy – he was the real MVP. He's probably the reason I'd go back, now that I think about it. He really made the place feel... less like a soulless chain and more like a place someone actually cared about.
Any hidden gems or things to watch out for?
Okay, listen up. The gym? Limited. Like, three machines and a treadmill that looked like it was about to spontaneously combust. Skip it. The pool? I didn't even bother. It was sweltering outside already anyway. Oh! And *bring your own shampoo and conditioner*. The stuff they provide is… well, let's just say I'm pretty sure it's distilled from the tears of disappointed shampoo connoisseurs. The real hidden gem? Ask the front desk guy for restaurant recommendations. He knows. He really, really knows. Trust me on this one. Oh, and one more thing. The elevators... avoid them if you are claustrophobic. They are... quaint. Otherwise, just roll with it. It's all part of the experience. Maybe.
Let's say I *do* decide on this Best Western. What's the *one* thing I absolutely need to remember?
Remember this. This is crucial. After a long day, a weary traveller needs a place to rest, something to eat, and a good shower, but honestly... it's all about the *attitude*. Go in with an open mind. Embrace the imperfections. Laugh at the quirks. And maybe, just maybe, you'll end up having a surprisingly decent time. Also, pack snacks. And maybe a backup coffee source. JUST IN CASE. And, for heavens sake, embrace the Waffles. Embrace the Waffles. They are important! Now go forth, and may your hotel stay be mildly unpleasant but ultimately worthwhileHotels Near Your