Manchester's BEST Aparthotel? CitySuites Review!

Citysuites Aparthotel Manchester United Kingdom

Citysuites Aparthotel Manchester United Kingdom

Manchester's BEST Aparthotel? CitySuites Review!

CitySuites Manchester: My Honest, Messy, and Utterly Opinionated Review (Because Let's Face It, Perfection is Boring)

Alright, alright, let's cut the bull and get real. You’re looking for a top-notch aparthotel in Manchester. You’ve probably stumbled across the sparkly marketing of CitySuites – the place to be, the epitome of apartment-hotel-y luxury. Well, buckle up buttercup, because I'm about to unleash my unfiltered experience. Because trust me, no review is complete without a healthy dose of "WTF was that about?"

First Impressions: The "Ooh, Shiny!" Factor (and a Few Hiccups)

Walking into CitySuites, you immediately get that "wow" factor. The lobby gleams, the staff are perfectly polite (almost a little too polite at times, like they were robots programmed for pleasantries). The decor? Sleek, modern, a touch minimalist. Think expensive, but not intimidatingly so. Which is a good start.

Accessibility - Thumbs Up (Mostly!)

Okay, HUGE point for CitySuites: they get accessibility. The elevator is massive, the hallways are wide, and the rooms are thoughtfully designed. I didn’t personally need a wheelchair-accessible room, but I did see several and they looked fantastic - spacious, well-equipped, and clearly designed with comfort in mind. HUGE win.

Here We Go: The Room! The Room! (And My Obsession with Blackout Curtains)

Now, the rooms… chef's kiss. Seriously. We're talking seriously comfy beds (extra-long, people!), a proper seating area, a kitchen (yes, a REAL kitchen!), and, hallelujah, blackout curtains that actually worked. Seriously, I'm a light sleeper, and those curtains are worth the price of admission alone. And you know what else? They had a damn ironing board. This is a luxury I never knew I needed.

One little gripe: the room was so sleek, it felt a little… sterile? Like a fancy surgeon's office. A little bit of personality wouldn't hurt! Maybe a goofy painting? A weird sculpture? But hey, I'm nitpicking.

Internet, the Lifeblood of Modern Existence (and My Existential Dread of Poor Wi-Fi)

Free Wi-Fi? Check. Strong connection? Double check. This is crucial, folks. You can't survive in this day and age without internet, and CitySuites understands. I got my work done, streamed my Netflix (obvs), and didn't rage-quit in frustration even once. That's a major win in my book. So, yeah. Internet. Good.

Dining, Drinking & Snacking: A Foodie's Journey (and My Quest for the Perfect Soup)

Ah, the food! This is where things get interesting. CitySuites has several options, and while they're generally good, they’re not mind-blowing. The restaurant, with its international cuisine leans towards "safe" rather than "adventurous." I did get a perfectly fine soup one night. I'm not a huge soup person, but this one was excellent. The bar has a great atmosphere. The drinks are decent, but the pool-side bar is a little bit extra.

The Spa and Relaxation Zone: My Moment of Zen (and My near-drowning experience)

Now, about the spa… This is where CitySuites really shines. The pool? Stunning. The views? Incredible. The sauna, steam room and gym? Top notch. I loved the pool. I almost drowned whilst trying to take a photo, but hey, that's part of the experience, right? (Don't worry, I'm fine. I just had to grab my phone.) The spa is a true sanctuary, and I could have happily spent all day there.

Cleanliness and Safety: Peace of Mind in a Pandemic (and My Paranoia)

In these crazy times, cleanliness is paramount. I was genuinely impressed with CitySuites' commitment to hygiene. They're using antiviral cleaning products, there's hand sanitizer everywhere, and the staff are clearly taking things seriously. I was able to relax without constantly worrying about catching… you know.

Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Make a Difference (and My Urgent Need for a Convenience Store)

CitySuites provides a boatload of services. They have everything. I’m talking concierge, laundry service, dry cleaning, even a damn convenience store. That convenience store saved me from a midnight chocolate craving crisis. I may have bought an embarrassingly large amount of snacks. No regrets.

For the Kids: Probably Great (But I Don't Have Any)

They have babysitting service. I don't have kids, so I can't speak from experience.

Getting Around: Easy Peasy (Unless You Get Lost, Like I Did)

CitySuites is well-located, and getting around Manchester is easy. There’s an airport transfer and taxi service as well as parking and car charging stations are available. I did manage to get myself completely lost trying to find the supermarket on my first day. Totally my fault.

My REAL Verdict: The Good, The Bad, and the "Meh"

Here's the thing: CitySuites isn't perfect. But it's damn close. It's clean, comfortable, well-equipped, and in a great location. The rooms are fantastic, the pool is a dream, and the accessibility is top-notch. The food could be a touch more exciting, but that's a minor quibble.

So, Should You Book? HELL YES.

Here's the Deal:

Limited Time Offer: Book your stay at CitySuites Manchester through this offer and get a complimentary room upgrade (subject to availability), a free bottle of prosecco on arrival, and a voucher for a free cocktail at the bar! Plus, with the promise of a seamless experience coupled with premium amenities, discover the pinnacle of luxury accommodations in the heart of Manchester.

Why choose CitySuites?

  • Accessibility Focused: Experience a hotel designed with inclusivity in mind.
  • Luxurious Amenities: Indulge in a stunning pool with breathtaking views and a state-of-the-art spa.
  • Prime Location: Explore Manchester's vibrant city center with ease.
  • Unmatched Comfort: Enjoy spacious and well-appointed rooms with all the comforts of home.

Click here to book your stay at CitySuites Manchester and treat yourself to a truly unforgettable experience! You'll thank me later. And you'll probably want to write a review of your own, just because you'll feel compelled to share the experience - it's that kind of place.

Unbelievable Rochester Hotel Durango: Your Dream Colorado Getaway Awaits!

Book Now

Citysuites Aparthotel Manchester United Kingdom

Citysuites Aparthotel Manchester United Kingdom

Okay, buckle up buttercup, because you're about to get the raw, unfiltered version of my Manchester Citysuites adventure. Forget those pristine itineraries, this is the truth – messy, glorious, and probably a little bit embarrassing.

Citysuites Aparthotel, Manchester: A Love-Hate Letter (and a few pints)

Day 1: Arrival – Jet Lag and Joyless Receptionists (kinda)

  • Time: 10:00 AM (ish): So, the flight. Let's just say I'm pretty sure the air hostess hated me. I spilled coffee twice (clumsy, I know), and spent most of it trying to figure out the in-flight entertainment which was, and is, mostly useless. Landing in Manchester felt like a victory.
  • Time: 11:00 AM: First impressions of the Citysuites. Smooth check-in. Except, the receptionist… let's just say her enthusiasm for life was about as vibrant as a rainy Tuesday afternoon. Still, the lobby was nice. Looked like a fancy IKEA showroom. And, the initial impression of the room felt amazing, the view of those buildings were breath taking.
  • Time: 12:00 PM: Settling in - I have to admit I was kind of in love with it, the space, the light, the comfy sofa - the perfect place to start my trip.
  • Time: 1:00 PM: Lunch. Honestly, I'd forgotten to pack any snacks, so I was basically running on fumes. Managed to find a terrible sandwich from a nearby market (cheese and pickle, the ultimate comfort food, right? Wrong!). The coffee was lukewarm. My disappointment knows no bounds.

* Time: 2:00 PM: The nap. Oh, the nap. Jet lag hitting hard. Woke up two hours later feeling utterly disoriented, thinking it was still morning. Damn you jet lag, you cruel mistress!

  • Time: 4:00 PM: Exploring. Finally, dragged myself out of the room. Walked to a supermarket (the holy grail of travel, let's be honest), grabbed some proper snacks (chocolate, crisps, the works).
  • Time: 6:00 PM: Pub time! Found a lovely pub nearby (The Britons Protection). Ordered a pint of something dark and bitter (don't judge my beer knowledge, I'm working on it). Fell into conversation with some locals and learned more about Manchester in an hour than I would've in a guide book! The pub culture is strong here, and beautiful.

Day 2: Culture Clashes and Curry Craving

  • Time: 9:00 AM: Breakfast in the room – the kitchen came with a handy induction unit, I managed to make a really bad fried egg but it was great!

  • Time: 10:00 AM: Museum of National Football – the place was amazing. Now, I'm not a huge football fan, (sorry to any die-hard fans) but the history and passion were undeniable. Spent way too long gazing at old boots and imagining the roar of the crowd - the museum would be one of the absolute highlights of the whole trip.

  • Time: 1:00 PM: Lunch was a disaster. Found a "trendy" cafe. Too trendy. The food was pretentious and cost a fortune. Felt ripped off. Avoid at all costs, it was somewhere called "The Modern Spoon" avoid it at all costs.

  • Time: 2:00 PM: Shopping – Hit a few shops, mostly for souvenirs, but the shops in Manchester are amazing.

  • Time: 6:00 PM: Curry! The thing with Manchester is, everyone says the curry scene is amazing. So, I did my research and went to a restaurant called "Ziya's" and let me tell you, the food was incredible, the spice level was perfect (for me, anyway), the atmosphere was buzzy. Spent way too long chatting with the waiter, who was a fountain of local knowledge.

    • Time: 9:00 PM: Back in the apartment, a bit full after the curry. Realized I'd completely forgotten to do laundry. Started sorting the socks, then watched a terrible rom-com on TV.

Day 3: The Cathedral, the Coffee, and the Departure Panic

  • Time: 9:00 AM: Breakfast. Decided to make a proper breakfast, (pancakes, bacon, the works), then spilled half of it on the floor. It was a messy start.
  • Time: 10:00AM: Manchester Cathedral. Very impressive. So much history, I felt a little over-awed. Lit a candle and looked around. Felt a strange calm wash over me.
  • Time: 12:00 PM: Coffee shop time. Found a cute little independent cafe (I'm a sucker for a good coffee shop). Ordered an almond latte. So perfect. Sat there, reading, people-watching, generally feeling content.
  • Time: 2:00 PM: Packing. The dread. Packing is always the worst part. Trying to fit everything back in the suitcase and then panicked I'd forgotten something important (I probably did).
  • Time: 4:00 PM: Final drink at the Britons Protection. Said goodbye to my new friends.
  • Time: 6:00 PM: Taxi to the airport. Suddenly, the departure panic kicked in. Have I seen enough? Done enough? Did I eat enough curry? Got to the airport and remembered I'd left a charger at the Citysuites, which was a great end to the trip.

Final Thoughts (and a few regrets)

Manchester, you're a confusing city. You're a bit rough around the edges, but you're also vibrant, full of heart, and the curry is to die for. Citysuites was a good base, comfortable with great space, and I'd 100% go back, even if the receptionist was a bit joyless.

Things I would have done differently:

  • Eaten more curry.
  • Tried a proper full English.
  • Learned more about the music scene.
  • Not spilled coffee on the air hostess. (Oops!)

Manchester, you’ve been grand! Until next time… which, hopefully, will be soon. Cheers!

Escape to Paradise: Kingsford's Luxury Awaits in Nuwara Eliya!

Book Now

Citysuites Aparthotel Manchester United Kingdom

Citysuites Aparthotel Manchester United KingdomOkay, buckle up, buttercup! This ain't your average hotel review. We're diving headfirst into CitySuites Manchester, and trust me, it's a rollercoaster. Grab your cuppa, because this is gonna be a long one. And yes, it's all about the experience!

CitySuites Manchester: The Unfiltered Truth (and My Sanity)

Right, let's get this straight. I'm not a travel blogger. I'm a human who's just spent a weekend at CitySuites. And I have opinions. Lots of them. So, consider this your therapy session masquerading as a review.

The Basics: 'What's the Deal, CitySuites?'

Q: What even IS CitySuites? Is it a hotel or... something else?
A: It's an "aparthotel." Fancy that. Basically, it's a hotel, but your room feels like a bloody apartment. Think living room, kitchen, bedroom... luxury. A sanctuary. Or so they promised. Initially. More on that later...

Q: Where is it exactly? Is it near anything good?
A: Right in the heart of Manchester. A stone's throw from the Printworks (cinema, restaurants, generally loud) and Manchester Arena (even louder if there's a gig on). Location-wise? Pretty darn good. Easy to get *everywhere*. But, and this is a big BUT, bring your earplugs. Seriously.

Q: Okay, sounds expensive. Is it?
A: Yeah, it's not budget-friendly. Be prepared to shell out. But... and this is the eternal question, is it worth it? That, my friends, is the million-dollar question. Let's find out, shall we?

The Room: My Brief But Intense Romance with a Kitchen

Q: What are the rooms *actually* like?
A: Brilliant. Okay, that's maybe too short. But honestly? The room (a one-bedroom apartment, I think it was) was HUGE. Like, "could have a small party in here" HUGE. The living room was comfy, the bedroom felt like a proper escape, and the bathroom? Oh, the bathroom. Rain shower. The luxury felt tangible. It was love at first sight.

Q: And the kitchen? Did you actually cook? (Be honest.)
A: Okay, this is where it gets… interesting. The kitchen was AMAZING. Marble countertops, fancy appliances… glorious! I fantasized about whipping up gourmet meals. Reality? I made a frozen pizza. And burned it. Okay, maybe the kitchen wasn't entirely responsible. Maybe the stress of escaping real life and the absolute panic I felt at not knowing how to turn on the *goddamn* hob got to me. But, still, point proven, yeah? I did, in fact, attempt to use the amazing kitchen. No regrets.

Q: Bedding? Pillows? Actual sleep?
A: The bed was like sleeping on a cloud. I mean, not *literally* a cloud, but you get the idea. Super comfy. Pillows were fluffy and perfect. I slept like a log. Well, until the sirens. And the drunken revelry. Which, okay, wasn't CitySuites' *fault*. Still…. sleep. Glorious, elusive sleep. (I did, eventually, after some serious noise-cancelling headphone action).

The Amenities: Swimming Pool and the Eternal Quest for a Towel

Q: Pool time! Is the pool as good as it looks in the pictures?
A: The pool! OH. MY. GOD. The pictures don't lie. It's stunning. Seriously gorgeous, big, with a window overlooking the city. I felt like a movie star. I swam a few laps. Briefly. Then I remembered I can't actually swim properly and panicked a bit. But still, the experience! It was amazing.

Q: What about the gym? Is that any good?
A: Didn't use it. Okay, I *intended* to. But after the pizza fiasco and pool revelation, I was pretty much done with anything remotely strenuous. Sorry! I *saw* it though. Looked decent. Treadmills, weights, the usual suspects.

Q: Any other cool bits and bobs?
A: There's a spa. Didn't try it. Regrets? Maybe a few. There's also a restaurant. Again… didn't try it. See a theme here?

Q: Hang on…you didn’t use *any* of the amenities? Is that…bad?
A: Honestly? Yeah, kinda. I got caught up in the… life. The *city*. But! I'm blaming the sensory overload, not my utter lack of planning.

The Service: Where Things Get Murkier (and a Little Passive-Aggressive)

Q: What about the staff? Were they nice?
A: Mostly. They were polite, professional… efficient. No overwhelming warmth, if I'm being brutally honest. Think… slightly over-cautious robots. Not bad, just… not overly *human*. There were *moments* of genuine friendliness, and I *loved* those moments. But the overall impression was a little… formal.

Q: Did anything go wrong? Spill the tea!
A: Okay, let's get into the nitty-gritty. Here's where things got… *bumpy*. First, the towels. Never enough towels. I’m the type of person who needs three towels to feel like I've actually *lived*. Needed to request refills several times. Not ideal. Felt a bit… *pesky*.

Q: Spill the tea! More please!
A: Secondly. The noise. The *bloody* noise. As I said before, the location is prime. But prime comes with a price. Sirens blaring, drunken revelers shouting, construction… It was a symphony of urban chaos. It *did* say "city" in the name, I guess. But still. Earplugs are an absolute necessity, and even then… well, let's just say I didn't exactly sleep like a baby.

Overall Verdict: Will I Return? The Existential Question

Q: So, the big question: Would you recommend CitySuites?
A: Okay, here's the truth, served with a side of my ever-present anxiety: It's complicated. The rooms are stunning. The pool is breathtaking. The location is fantastic (if you're deaf). The service? A little… hit or miss. The noise? A dealbreaker for light sleepers.

**Q: Final thoughts?**
**A:** I'd go back. Definitely. But I'd bring extra towels. I'd bring better earplugs. And maybe, just maybe, I'd actually get around to using the spa. And, if I'm being really honest, I'd just embrace the chaos. It’s Manchester! It’s loud! It’s CitySuites! Just close my eyes, hold my breath, and let the good times roll. (And maybe, just *maybe*, learn how to cook a pizza.) So: worth it? Probably. With caveats. Lots of them. But yeah, probably worth it.The Stay Journey

Citysuites Aparthotel Manchester United Kingdom

Citysuites Aparthotel Manchester United Kingdom

Citysuites Aparthotel Manchester United Kingdom

Citysuites Aparthotel Manchester United Kingdom