
Unbelievable Views Await: Your Cumbres Apart Puerto Natales Adventure!
Alright, buckle up, buttercups! Because I just got back from… well, from a thing. And that thing? Was a stay at Cumbres Apart Puerto Natales. "Unbelievable Views Await" is what they call it. And honestly? They're not… entirely wrong. But let's untangle this whole experience, shall we? Because a straight-laced review this isn’t. This is gonna be… personal.
SEO & the Beast (aka The Categories – Ugh!)
Okay, okay, the corporate overlords want their SEO keywords, right? Let's hit the major points, but trust me, the experience is way more important than just ticking boxes.
Accessibility: Okay, good news! They do mention "Facilities for disabled guests". I didn't need these, but from what I saw, the lobby and elevator were pretty decent. Wheelchair Accessible is what you want, I was not sure about the rooms though – so, call ahead, people!
On-site Accessible Restaurants/Lounges: Hmm. Again, not my specific need, but the main restaurant seemed accessible off the lobby. Don't quote me!
Internet & Wi-Fi: THEY HAVE IT! Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Praise be! Actually, it worked well in the room. In the common areas, it was mostly okay. Internet [LAN]… I saw the ports, but honestly, I didn't even think about plugging in. I was on vacation!
Things to Do & Ways to Relax: This is where it gets good!
- Spa/Sauna, Pool with View, Sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor]: The pool. Oh, the pool. It's advertised as having a view, and it does. A killer one. But…let me tell you a story. I was there, sun burning, the wind gusting from the mountains, ready to jump in. Suddenly, little Johnnie started making a mess, so I let him use the same pool. I got out. Okay, well, I guess I can handle that. But the view! The freaking view! You sit there, and you're surrounded by the Torres del Paine mountains… breath taking. It makes even a stressed dude like me relax. I almost got the courage to try the Body scrub with some new girl. But she kept saying "no" to everything I said.
- Fitness center, Gym/fitness: I saw it, it was there. Didn't set foot in it. I was too busy eating.
- Massage, Spa, Foot bath: Nope. No such luck on me.
Cleanliness and Safety: This is where I was impressed. Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer everywhere. They go that extra mile. Rooms sanitized between stays. I didn't feel like I was going to catch anything. Staff trained in safety protocol.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: The food… ah, the food!
- Restaurants, A la carte in restaurant, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Bar, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, International cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar, Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant: It's a wide selection, folks. I'm not kidding.
- Breakfast [buffet] I was there for about 5 days. Okay, I am a buffet person, and this one was pretty good. The usual suspects, your eggs, your bacon, fruit… but a few local twists! I grabbed some yummy pastries!
- Room service [24-hour]: Good. Very good. Especially after a day of hiking and realizing I left everything at the hotel!
- Bottle of water: Necessary.
- Alternative meal arrangement: They were happy to help.
Services and Conveniences:
- Air conditioning in public area: Yes. Thank god, because the sun can be intense!
- Concierge, Daily housekeeping, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Safety deposit boxes: The concierge? They were fantastic, incredibly helpful. My luggage? It did good with their storage. I didn't need dry cleaning or any of the other stuff. Daily housekeeping was lovely, my room was always lovely!
- Elevator: Big up to the elevator!
- Convenience store: There's a small shop, which came in handy for snacks. Because, snacking is good, and the view is worth it!
For the Kids, I did not have any kids with me:
- Family/child friendly, Babysitting service, Kids facilities, Kids meal: I saw families, they seemed happy.
Getting Around:
Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Airport transfer, Taxi service: I had a car. Parking was easy and free!
Things Available in all rooms
Additional toilet, Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens
The Real Deal: My Cumbres Story
Okay, forget the bullet points for a second. Here's the truth. I went to Puerto Natales with a head full of stress and a heart full of… well, not much. Work. Bills. The usual. I booked Cumbres because of the view. Seriously. Those pictures? They're not lying. The hotel itself is modern, clean; the rooms are comfy. But it's that view. That's the star.
I spent the first day just… staring. I'd sit on my little balcony, clutching my complimentary bottle of water, and watch the light change on the mountains. It's a cliché, I know. But it's powerful. One of my favorite things was they bring you a coffee, and there is a terrace. I would sit there, and drink coffee, and watch the mountains.
And then there was the food! I could not help myself at the buffet. I am so sorry for my sins. The pastries… oof! The staff was super nice, always helpful. One of them actually gave me a recommendation for a local hike that turned out to be magnificent. It was also terrifying, but that's a different story. I got to walk around and laugh.
Yes, there were some minor issues. The Wi-Fi hiccuped once or twice at dinner. And the coffee was… well, coffee. But honestly? I didn't care. I was there to reset. To breathe. And Cumbres, with all its little imperfections, helped me do just that.
The Minor Annoyances
Yes, the Wi-Fi could be spotty sometimes. And I could not use the gym because I am lazy. It's a tiny price to pay for that view. It is a great place to be, in the end.
The Verdict
Would I recommend Cumbres Apart Puerto Natales? Absolutely.
- The Good: The view (duh!), the helpful staff, the food, the cleanliness, the comfy rooms, the convenience. Yes, it is very good!
- The Bad: Minor Wi-Fi issues, and I’d love to see more local specialties.
The Offer - Grab Your Own Slice of Paradise!
Okay, here's the deal. Book your stay at Cumbres Apart Puerto Natales now and get a FREE upgrade to a room with a balcony and guaranteed mountain view! (Subject to availability, of course. Don't blame me if you miss out!) That means waking up to that stunning panorama every single morning. Plus, we're throwing in a complimentary bottle of local wine upon arrival. Trust me, you deserve it.
Visit [insert their website here] and use code "PUERTOVIEWS" at checkout to redeem this awesome offer! Don't wait. Unbelievable views await!
Uncover Hidden Gems: Kamenoi Hotel's Kii-Tanabe Escape in Japan!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups! This isn't your grandma's pristine itinerary. We're diving headfirst into the gloriously messy, breathtakingly beautiful, and occasionally disastrous world of Cumbres Apart Puerto Natales, Chile. Get ready for a bumpy ride, because this is how it actually went down.
LET'S GO! (Or, You Know, Let's Try To Go)
Day 1: Arrival - Oh My God, It's WINDY! And Did I Pack Enough Socks?!
Morning (Because Apparently We Were Supposed to Arrive in the Morning): Landed in Punta Arenas. The airport? Small. The wind? A freaking character. I swear, I saw a tumbleweed (or maybe a guanaco's tumble-weed-esque offspring?) rolling across the tarmac. My meticulously pre-planned "chic traveler" aesthetic immediately deteriorated. It was all down-filled jacket, a scarf I mostly used to cover my face, and a desperate hope for a functioning phone signal.
Mid-day (Lunch, or What Passes for it When You're Jet-Lagged): The drive to Puerto Natales. Absolutely. Breathtaking. The landscape is so expansive it feels like you are in a movie scene, like the opening of the movie Lawrence of Arabia. Seriously. I think I might have actually gasped. We stopped in a little roadside cafe – empanadas, people. Empanadas. A greasy, glorious symphony of meat and dough. Ate three. No regrets.
Afternoon (The Cumbres Apart and the Great Sock Audit): Checked into Cumbres Apart. Now, the apartment itself? Pretty swish. Views of… well, the fjord. Amazing views. But and this is a big but – the WIND. Still! Seriously, it's a part of life here. I'm pretty sure if I left a sock outside, it'd be in Argentina by now. (Note to self: pack more socks. Way more socks.) Unpacked, then unpacked again because I probably didn't pack what I needed!
Evening (Dinner and a Deep Dive into Google Maps): Found a cozy little restaurant called "El Living". (And yes, it was a living because it was good.) The lamb was melt-in-your-mouth good. Seriously, I might have shed a tear. Then, back to the apartment to plot our grand adventure. Google Maps became my new best friend, and also, my worst enemy. I started to get so overwhelmed with choices, I just wanted to eat again!
Day 2: Torres del Paine – The Hike That Nearly Broke Me (And Made Me Fall in Love)
- Early Morning (The Dawn of the Hiking Apocalypse): Woke up BEFORE sunrise. I am not a morning person. This was already an ordeal. Managed to spill coffee on myself (classic). Packed… everything. Sunscreen, snacks, water, emergency rations (chocolate). We were ready for the W Circuit! Or… you know, a small portion of it.
- Morning (The First Steps): The initial part of the hike was beautiful, really awesome. The trail felt very easy, and the scenery was stunning. Everything was all right from the start.
- Lunch (The Great Sandwich Debacle): Found ourselves feeling hungry! We stopped for lunch. When we came to take our lunch out of the backpack, they were all stuck to the foil. (and the chocolate was almost all melted too, so we gave up on that)
- Afternoon (The Ascent That Destroyed My Soul): This is where things got real. The climb to the Mirador Las Torres. Oh. My. God. I'm pretty sure my lungs tried to stage a rebellion. The wind, once a novelty, became a malevolent force. Every. Single. Step. I told myself, "Just one more step." I wanted so badly to turn back. But then…
- Late Afternoon (The Reward): We Made it to the top and the view. The iconic granite towers. The turquoise lake. The sheer, overwhelming beauty. It was… breathtaking. Utterly, completely worth it. I cried. Not out of exhaustion (okay, maybe a little). But out of pure, unadulterated awe. One of the BEST views I have EVER seen.
- Evening (The Soreness That Didn't Kill Me): Back at the apartment, I collapsed. Slept for twelve hours straight. Every muscle ached, but the memory… it was that memory.
Day 3: Kayaking on the Ultima Esperanza Fjord – Wet, Wonderful, and Oh-So-Close to a Penguin!
Morning (Packing, Re-packing, and the Quest for Waterproof Pants): Kayaking tour planned! Checked the weather (wind, wind, and more wind). Scrambled to find waterproof pants, a feat almost as challenging as the Torres hike.
Mid-day (The Kayak Adventure Begins!): Jumped right into the kayaks. It was a little awkward at first… but we figured it out. The silence on the fjord was broken only by the gentle dip of the paddles and the occasional squawk of a bird.
Afternoon (Penguin Encounter!): We got close to a colony of Magellanic penguins! It was the most adorable thing I've ever seen. They were so small, so clumsy, so full of life. We also saw seals, which were equally amazing. I was in my element.
Evening (Hot Chocolate and a Cozy Fireplace): Back to the apartment, completely soaked but utterly exhilarated. The wind had followed us out into the water. We finally got dry, and turned to the fireplace we had. I was in heaven.
Day 4: The Town, The People, and the Unexpected Melancholy (and the damn Wind)
Morning ( Exploring Puerto Natales): After such a hard week, we were looking for something easy to do today. Puerto Natales is such a charming town. Lots of shops, restaurants with amazing food.
Afternoon (A Conversation and a Long Walk): We took a long walk during the day, not really planning on anything specifically to do. But eventually we reached a viewpoint, and we were able to see the beautiful scenery of the region.
Evening (The Final Sunset): We did not leave the town this day. We went back to the apartment and had dinner, and watched the sunset.
Day 5: Departure (The bittersweet goodbye, and an unwavering vow to return)
- Morning (The Last Breakfast, the Last Fjord View, and the Dreadful Question of "Did I Buy Enough Souvenirs?"): Ate a final, delicious breakfast. Stared out at the fjord, a kaleidoscope of light and shadow. Did I buy enough souvenirs? (The answer, predictably, was no.)
- Mid-day (The Sad Drive Back, and the Promise to Come Back): The drive back to the airport. The landscape already felt different, more familiar. The wind, still howling, felt like a friend. I made a promise. To Chile. To Patagonia. To myself. I will be back.
- Afternoon (Goodbye, for Now): Landed back home. And now, I'm left with the feeling that my Patagonia adventure, for better or worse, was a life changing experience and an adventure that will never truly leave me.
Final Thoughts:
Did I mention the wind? Seriously though… Patagonia is raw. It's unforgiving. It's stunning. It's a place where the landscapes will make you weep, and the wind will whip you into a frenzy. This wasn't a flawless trip. I got lost (a few times). I stumbled. I got really, really muddy. But I also saw things that will forever be etched in my memory. And that, my friends, is what travel is all about. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to planning my next trip. The next time, I'm packing extra socks.
Kashmir's BEST Houseboats? Nazneen Group Awaits!
Unbelievable Views Await: Cumbres Apart Puerto Natales – Let's Get Real!
Okay, Spill the Beans: Is This Place REALLY as Stunning as the Photos? (And Should I Bother?)
Alright, buckle up. The photos? They're mostly accurate. Like, the mountains? They *do* slap you in the face with their beauty. Torres del Paine? Yeah, you'll be gasping. But… and this is a HUGE but… the photos ALWAYS miss the wind. That Patagonian wind is a character in itself. You wanna feel like a kite? You’re gonna get it.
Should you bother? YES. Honestly, absolutely. Even with the wind. Because the *experience* is the thing. Seeing those peaks change color at sunrise? That's therapy. And Cumbres Apart? It's a good base camp. Let's just say I spent one breakfast practically weeping happy tears into my scrambled eggs because of the view.
Word of warning: those photos also don't capture the sheer, overwhelming vastness of the place. It's humbling. And a little terrifying at times. My sense of scale was officially broken.
Cumbres Apart: The Nitty-Gritty. What's the Deal with the Apartments Themselves? (Cleanliness, Comfort, Etc.)
Alright, truth time. The apartments are... solid. Practical. Don't expect luxury, but you're not roughing it either. My first thought? "Oh, okay, this is… functional." Which is exactly what I needed, honestly. After a day of hiking, all I wanted was a hot shower (which was great, by the way, strong pressure – important!), a comfy bed, and a roof over my head. And Cumbres delivered.
Cleanliness? Pretty good, I'd say. It wasn’t sterile perfection, but it was definitely clean enough to relax. No questionable stains hiding in the corners, thank god. The kitchen was… well-equipped, I’ll say. I managed to make (and not burn) a surprisingly decent pasta. And the little balcony? Perfect for a pre-hike coffee with a view that made me almost forget I needed to hike!
The only potential gripe? The walls aren't paper-thin, but you *might* hear your neighbors. My first night I swear I heard someone’s snoring. But hey, you’re in a hostel, it’s okay, it's part of the adventure.
Location, Location, Location: How Convenient is Cumbres Apart for Exploring the Area?
The location? Excellent. Seriously, it's in a sweet spot. You're a reasonable walk from the town center of Puerto Natales, which is bursting with restaurants, shops, and that essential thing – a decent supermarket (because you'll need snacks for your hikes, trust me).
More importantly, the bus station, where you’ll catch transport to Torres del Paine and other attractions, is easily accessible. I was worried about being reliant on taxis and stuff but honestly it was super easy to find everything. Bonus points for being near the waterfront… it’s beautiful. Just be ready for the wind!
I spent an agonizing hour trying to find a decent coffee shop my first morning, only to realize there’s like, a half dozen within a 5 minute walk. I felt like a total idiot.
Okay, The Elephant in the Room: The Cost. Is Cumbres Apart Worth the Price?
Now this one’s tricky. Patagonia isn’t cheap, let’s be brutally honest. Everything from water bottle to a taxi is a bit expensive. Cumbres Apart's prices are reasonable compared to some of the fancy hotels in the area. You get what you pay for. You’re not getting five-star luxury, but you are getting THAT VIEW. And a comfy bed and a hot shower, which is a luxury after a day hiking in those mountains.
Honestly, I'd say it’s a good value, particularly for the location and the view. I probably spent the equivalent of the room price on just coffee and empanadas at a café with an okay view. Given how amazing the views are from the apartments, not having to pay for an average cup of coffee after an hour of hiking is a steal.
Here's my take: If you're on a shoestring budget, you might wince. But if you appreciate a good balance of comfort, convenience, and that jaw-dropping scenery, then yes, it's worth it. Especially for that balcony view. That. Damn. View.
The Wind. Seriously, What's the Deal with the Wind?! (And How Do I Survive It?)
The wind. Oh, the wind. It's legendary. It's a character. It’s basically a permanent resident of Patagonia. It’ll try to rip your hat off, blow you sideways, and make you question your life choices. It's relentless.
How do you survive it? Layers. Lots and lots of layers. A good windproof and waterproof jacket is your best friend. Bring a hat, but be prepared to chase it down the street (I speak from experience). Also, embrace it! The wind is part of the experience, a constant reminder of the raw power of nature.
I saw one poor woman trying to take a selfie and the wind ripped the phone straight out of her hand, into the water. It was a hilarious, but brutal, moment. Also, invest in a good lip balm and a moisturizer. Your face and lips will thank you.
My Biggest Mistake (So You Don't Make It!): The Food Situation!
Okay, listen UP. The food in Puerto Natales is good, but it's also a bit, well, pricey. And those hiking trails, my friends, they demand FUEL. My biggest mistake? Not planning my food situation. I assumed I’d grab lunch at this fancy restaurant and that fancy restaurant… and my wallet wept.
Here’s the deal: Stock up on snacks! Supermarket is your friend. Peanut butter, bread, bananas, trail mix, and energy bars. You will devour it. You will appreciate it. And those lunches? Pack them with you every day. Seriously. Because nothing ruins an otherwise epic hike like a ravenous stomach and a rapidly dwindling water bottle. One day I had to turn back on the trail, so I wouldn't collapse... don't do that.
Also, learn to love empanadas. Every corner shop sells them. They're cheap, delicious, and surprisingly filling. Embrace the simple life.
Okay, I'm Sold! Any Top Tips for Making the Most of My Cumbres Apart / Puerto Natales Adventure?

