Oceanfront Bliss: Sheraton Virginia Beach's 4-Star Paradise Awaits!

Four Points by Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront Virginia Beach (VA) United States

Four Points by Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront Virginia Beach (VA) United States

Oceanfront Bliss: Sheraton Virginia Beach's 4-Star Paradise Awaits!

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the sandy, salty goodness that is the Sheraton Virginia Beach. "Oceanfront Bliss: Sheraton Virginia Beach's 4-Star Paradise Awaits!" they say. Well, let's see if this slice of seaside heaven actually delivers on the promise. Forget the polished brochure; this is the real deal, warts and all.

First things first: Accessibility. Important stuff, folks. They boast about it, which is a good sign. I'll keep it real - I don't personally require these features, but it's crucial for many. They tout Facilities for disabled guests and an Elevator, which are both excellent starting points. I'll have to trust the fine print and other reviews regarding the details (ramp gradients, grab bars, etc.) but the commitment is there, and that's what matters.

Let's talk Cleanliness and Safety. Look, in these times, it's paramount. They hit a lot of the right notes here: Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer galore (praise be!), Rooms sanitized between stays, Staff trained in safety protocol, and Sanitized kitchen and tableware items. They even offer a Room sanitization opt-out – giving you the choice is a brilliant move. While they do say Professional-grade sanitizing services, let's be honest, it's not the Ritz. So, it's not perfect, I am not so sure how effective these measures are, but the effort is obvious, and that's a huge comfort. I mean, I've seen some hotels that look like they've never heard of a disinfectant.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking. Okay, this is where my inner foodie gets excited. They have a Restaurants and a Poolside bar – classic! The Breakfast [buffet] is tempting, as is the promise of Asian cuisine. (Note: I love Asian food.) I'm particularly interested in the Happy hour situation. We're talking Bar with a Coffee/tea in restaurant, which is my vibe. I'm not a fancy chef, but I appreciate A la carte in restaurant, with Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Salad in restaurant, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western cuisine in restaurant.

A little insider tip: always check the reviews about the food. No matter how fancy the menu sounds, if the execution is off… well, let's just say a hungry reviewer is a vicious one.

Now, for the good stuff: Things to do, ways to relax! This is where the "bliss" part should kick in. Swimming pool [outdoor] - a must! They also have a Pool with view, which is always a bonus. And a Spa/sauna. YES. YES. YES. I cannot live without a Massage. Seriously, consider this: after a long day of… doing nothing… a massage is just… divine. They also have a Fitness center (ugh), Sauna, Steamroom - they offer Foot bath, which sounds dreamy, but I haven't personally tried it. Now I'm not even sure if I trust this resort on offering those services, because they also have Body scrub, Body wrap - Sounds promising!

For the Kids: Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal. Not my current demographic, but good to know for future planning!

Let's talk about my room! Available in all rooms: Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Satellite/cable channels, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free] and Window that opens! I like that it’s non-smoking, since I don’t smoke, I am definitely not used to getting rid of the smell. Even more: Air conditioning in public area, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center. This hotel feels very welcoming, and I am starting to feel ready to book my stay.

Services and Conveniences is where things get interesting. Contactless check-in/out? Excellent. Concierge? Always helpful. Dry cleaning and Laundry service? Necessary for a beach vacation… unless you want to look like a drowned rat. But let's get real about the vibe. I'm imagining myself lounging by the pool, cocktail in hand, utterly relaxed. The real test will be if they can deliver on that promised "bliss."

Getting around: Free Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site]! And they offer Airport transfer, Bicycle parking, Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking. I absolutely hate trying to find parking. A free car park? Sold.

Internet Access: They boast Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! and that's essential! I can't live without internet access.

The Offer (Because You Need to Book!)

Okay, here's the deal: Stop scrolling, friends. You deserve a break. And the Sheraton Virginia Beach at Oceanfront Bliss is your ticket.

Here's the sizzle:

  • Guaranteed Relaxation: Forget the stress. Picture yourself waking up in a comfy bed, stepping onto your balcony, and breathing in that salty air. Then head down to the pool, where you can lie back and enjoy the view.
  • Safety First, Fun Always: Relax knowing they're taking cleanliness seriously. You can enjoy your stay without worry.
  • Food, Fun, and Freedom: Imagine a restaurant serving the dishes you actually want to eat, and then let out all your energy in the pool with a view. You'll be enjoying yourself and feeling refreshed.

Offer: Book your getaway at the Sheraton Virginia Beach now!

Pro Tip: Check those reviews specifically about the food and the spa. And don’t forget to pack your swimsuit and your best chill-out attitude.

In conclusion: The Sheraton Virginia Beach seems to tick a lot of the right boxes. It's not perfect, but it's offering a lot, and the potential for an amazing beach vacation is high. Time to book that stay and find out for myself if this "Oceanfront Bliss" is truly something to experience.

Escape to Paradise: Unforgettable Stays at GreenTree Suites Eagle, Vail Valley

Book Now

Four Points by Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront Virginia Beach (VA) United States

Four Points by Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront Virginia Beach (VA) United States

Alright, buckle up, buttercups! We're going to Virginia Beach. Not just any Virginia Beach, mind you, but the Four Points by Sheraton Oceanfront. And frankly, I'm already picturing… salty air, shrieking seagulls, and the vague feeling of needing a nap. Here’s the glorious, chaotic itinerary, folks:

Day 1: Arrival, Anticipation, and the Great Seagull Incident (aka, The Quest for Lunch)

  • 1:00 PM: Arrive at Norfolk International Airport (ORF). Already, the air smells… different. Like stale peanuts and something vaguely floral. Taxi to Four Points. Pray for a driver who isn't chatty, because honestly? I'm still mentally crafting the perfect vacation persona, and small talk is a hurdle.
  • 1:30 PM: Check-in at the hotel. Pray for a room with a view. And a working elevator. And a friendly front desk person who isn’t already burned out by the summer crowds. This is crucial. A good check-in sets the tone. A bad one? Disaster. (Fingers crossed my pre-departure online check-in gets me somewhere halfway decent)
  • 2:00 PM: The Quest for Lunch Begins. This is always a mess. Seriously, I'm not good at decisive lunch moves. "Where do you want to ea-" "I don't know, where should we ea-" "I don't care, you decide-" And on and on. Okay, let's wander the boardwalk and see what calls to us. Maybe a greasy slice of pizza? Or, better yet, a crab cake. Gotta get that Virginia Beach experience, right?
  • 2:30 PM: The Great Seagull Incident. Picture this: I'm meticulously arranging my crab cake, that pristine moment of deliciousness before I take that first bite. Then BAM! A seagull, a feathered torpedo of hunger, swoops down and… well, let's just say my crab cake and I parted ways. Lesson learned: NEVER underestimate a seagull's dedication. And maybe next time, eat indoors.
  • 3:00 PM: Recover. Vow revenge on the seagull (just kidding… mostly). Head for the beach. Dip my toes in the Atlantic. Stare out at the ocean and let the stresses of the city melt away. Or, you know, try to. The ocean is always a mood. Sometimes it's serene, sometimes it's stormy, sometimes it's just… wet.
  • 4:00 PM: Explore the Boardwalk. People-watch. Observe the questionable fashion choices. Wonder how those tiny dogs are surviving in this heat. Take pictures of the sunset. This is important. Sunset photos are MANDATORY.
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner. Maybe a good seafood restaurant. I mean, we're at the beach. It’s practically the law. I'm thinking…some real, actual crab. Not the pseudo-crab, but the real stuff. And, a cocktail. Maybe two. Let's see how this afternoon unfolds.
  • 8:00 PM: Boardwalk shenanigans. Goofy photos? Absolutely. Maybe a game of skeeball? Absolutely not, unless you're prepared to embrace public humiliation. Stroll back to the hotel, maybe with a stop at an ice cream shop. You KNOW, the ones with the super long menu that makes you question all your life choices?

Day 2: Oceanfront Bliss and the Art of Doing Absolutely Nothing (And Failing)

  • 8:00 AM: Wake up. If the room has a balcony, I'll attempt to greet the sunrise like some kind of yoga-practicing guru. If not… I'll just groggily hit the snooze button. Again.
  • 9:00 AM: Breakfast at the hotel. Hopefully, they have a decent continental breakfast. Don't want to start the day hungry. I'm really hoping for good coffee. Hotel coffee is either AMAZING or… a crime against humanity.
  • 10:00 AM: Beach Day! Find a good spot. Plant my umbrella. Apply copious amounts of sunscreen (we're talking layers). Read a book. Close my eyes. Pretend I'm not thinking about that report that's due next week. This is the goal. Pure, unadulterated relaxation. (Spoiler alert: I won't last).
  • 12:00 PM: The Great Hotel Pool Debate. Should I go to the pool? Or just stay on the beach? They're usually crowded, and I don't have a high threshold for "loud children." Then again, the shade is tempting. Fine, I'll go. But I'm bringing noise-canceling headphones.
  • 1:00 PM: Lunch. This time, I'll try to be more pre-emptive. Maybe some sandwiches and snacks from a local deli, eaten on my little beach perch.
  • 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM: Fail at relaxing. Wander the beach. Gaze wistfully out to sea. Check my phone. Answer a few emails (curse you, work!). Start planning tomorrow's itinerary. Sigh dramatically.
  • 4:00 PM: Explore More. Visit the Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center. I’ve heard it’s good. Then again, I’m a bit skeptical of aquariums. I mean, fish in tanks? Maybe I'll like it, maybe I won't. Might be worth it just for a good photo op.
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner. Tonight, I'm feeling adventurous. We're going to try a restaurant with a good online reputation. Hopefully, the food is as good as the reviews say. Fingers crossed for a non-touristy experience.
  • 8:00 PM: Sunset stroll on the beach. Look up at the stars – the perfect end to a day of trying to relax. (And probably failing.)

Day 3: Exploring Norfolk and the Longing for Home (Maybe)

  • 9:00 AM: Check out of the hotel. Grab a quick breakfast. A bagel and coffee will do.
  • 10:00 AM: Drive to the Chrysler Museum of Art in Norfolk. Is it just me, or are art museums ALWAYS a gamble? Will I find something that truly captures my imagination? Or will I spend an hour wandering, pretending to understand abstract paintings? Truth be told, I like finding the "real" meaning behind a piece, or finding new insights in other meanings.
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch in Norfolk. Find a local deli or cafe to eat.
  • 1:00 PM: The Nauticus Maritime Museum. Explore the exhibits. Learn a little something about naval history. (Unless, of course, the air-conditioning is cranked up to Arctic levels, in which case, I’ll be speed-walking.)
  • 3:00 PM: Norfolk Botanical Garden. Because even a cynical city person like me appreciates a good flower. Plus, it's the kind of place that screams "photo op." You know.
  • 5:00 PM: Drive back to Norfolk International Airport (ORF). Reflect on the trip. Did I relax? Probably not. Did I eat enough crab? Definitely. Will I remember any of it? Probably not, until the next time I get a craving for salt air and a serious dose of the boardwalk.
  • 6:00 PM: Flight home. Reflect and be thankful for the trip.

This itinerary is a suggestion, a mere guideline. I will undoubtedly get distracted, sidetracked, and generally veer wildly off course. But hey, isn't that the fun of traveling? Embrace the chaos. Embrace the seagulls. And for the love of all that is holy, embrace the sunscreen. Virginia Beach, here I come!

Kokopelli Inn Bluff, UT: Your Unforgettable Southwestern Getaway!

Book Now

Four Points by Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront Virginia Beach (VA) United States

Four Points by Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront Virginia Beach (VA) United States

Oceanfront Bliss: Sheraton Virginia Beach - FAQs (Because Let's Be Honest, You're Curious!)

So, is this place *actually* paradise? Like, really?

Paradise? Let's not get carried away. But… it's a solid contender. Look, I'm a cynical New Yorker, right? I expect disappointment. But waltzing into the Sheraton Virginia Beach, seeing that wave-lapped view… yeah, even *I* cracked a smile. It's got that "ahhhh, I'm on vacation" vibe down pat. Think less "perfect utopia" and more "really, really good beach vacation."
There's *some* imperfection, too. One elevator *always* felt slow. Seriously, watching paint dry slow. But hey, you're on vacation! What's the rush? 😜

What's the deal with the oceanfront rooms? Worth the splurge?

Okay, listen up. Oceanfront? DO IT. Seriously. My first thought when I saw my room door? "Oh, please let it be good." And, boy, was it. Waking up to the ocean, the *sound* of the waves... it's worth every penny. The side views are okay, but you're there for the ocean, right? Don't be a chump; get the main course.
The first morning? My coffee… well, it was *that* coffee. You know, the kind you drink while staring at the ocean, pretending you’re in a commercial. And the balcony? Perfect for evening wine. Yes, absolutely worth it. Just… make sure the balcony door *closes* properly. Wind is a real thing. Don't ask me how I know.

The pool – any good for adults (aka, not just screaming kids)?

Alright, the pool… it's a mixed bag. During the day? Prepare for kids. Lots of them. Like, Olympic diving team levels of splashing. But, here's the secret weapon: *evenings*. Once the sun dips, it calms right down. The lights shimmering on the water? Magical. Grab a cocktail (more on that later…) and soak it in. Plus, the poolside bar? Convenient. *Very* convenient.
One night, I swear, I saw a guy try to bring a full pizza into the pool. The staff… bless their hearts. They handled it with grace.

Food – what's the grub situation like?

Okay, real talk. The food is… decent. Not Michelin-star amazing, you know? But perfectly acceptable. The cafe downstairs is your friend for quick bites and coffee (essential!). The restaurant? Solid seafood options. I had a *fantastic* crab cake one night. The other night? Let's just say it wasn't as memorable. (Consistency, people!)
And the breakfast buffet? Standard hotel fare. Cereal, fruit, eggs, the usual suspects. It gets the job done. But avoid the pancakes. Just trust me. Stick with the omelet station. And a little suggestion - explore some of the local restaurants. They're absolutely golden.

The bar – how's the cocktail game? (Crucial question.)

The bar? IMPORTANT. I’m a cocktail snob. Judge me. But the bar… they do a pretty decent job. Their Oceanfront Breeze? Dangerous. Delicious. Expect to order two. Per hour. The bartenders are friendly, they know their stuff, and they're good for a chat. Plus, the chairs? Super comfy. Seriously considered bringing one home with me. Don't tell anyone. They might think I'm an alcoholic. (I'm not… probably…)

Is there anything to do *besides* the beach and the pool?

Yes! Virginia Beach is *packed* with stuff. There's a boardwalk (touristy, but classic), shops, restaurants, and museums. I went to the Virginia Aquarium, which was surprisingly good (I'm a sucker for penguins). The hotel also had some activities, but frankly, I spent most of my time horizontal. You know, embracing the relaxation.
But plan for something. There's a lot to do if you want to. Or, you could just stare at the ocean. Either way, it works. I mean, you're at the beach.

Cleanliness – How's the housekeeping?

Totally fine! The rooms are clean, the common areas are well-maintained. And the staff is super friendly. I'm not a germaphobe, but I like a clean room. And this one delivered. No complaints there.
One minor squabble occurred with the towels. They *were* a bit thin and occasionally, hard to find! (I'm a towel snob, too, apparently). But nothing major. On the plus side, they *were* clean!

Would you go back? (The ultimate hotel test.)

Absolutely. Even with the slow elevator and the slightly underwhelming pancakes. I already can't wait. The ocean view is worth it. Honestly. It's not perfect, but it's a damn good beach vacation.
And that Oceanfront Breeze… yeah, I need another one of those. Now.

Blog Hotel Search Site

Four Points by Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront Virginia Beach (VA) United States

Four Points by Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront Virginia Beach (VA) United States

Four Points by Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront Virginia Beach (VA) United States

Four Points by Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront Virginia Beach (VA) United States