Escape to Paradise: Florida Blue Bay Hotel, Greece - Your Dream Vacation Awaits!

Florida Blue Bay Hotel Kato Rodini (Akhaia) Greece

Florida Blue Bay Hotel Kato Rodini (Akhaia) Greece

Escape to Paradise: Florida Blue Bay Hotel, Greece - Your Dream Vacation Awaits!

Escape to Paradise: Florida Blue Bay Hotel, Greece - My Actual, Messy, and Mostly Wonderful Review (with a Side of Wi-Fi Woes)

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to spill the (slightly lukewarm) tea on the Florida Blue Bay Hotel in Greece. "Your Dream Vacation Awaits!" they proclaimed? Well, did my dream actually come true? Let's dive in, shall we? Expect a few detours, because, frankly, life, like this review, is a bit of a chaotic mosh pit.

First Impressions (and the Great Wi-Fi Debacle):

Landing in Greece is always breathtaking. The air just feels different, like it’s infused with sunshine and the ghosts of ancient philosophers. The Florida Blue Bay Hotel…well, it started strong. Check-in was surprisingly smooth (thank you, contactless check-in!), and the lobby was sparkling clean. My internal mantra: "Find the Wi-Fi password. Find the Wi-Fi password." Because, let’s be real, in this digital age, a functioning internet is like oxygen.

Accessibility: A Mixed Bag, Honestly.

Right off the bat, let's talk Accessibility. It's…complicated. The elevator was a godsend, which is a plus. The public areas seemed mostly accessible, but I didn't spend all my time meticulously measuring door widths (I was, after all, on vacation!). I didn't spot any dedicated wheelchair spaces in the restaurants but the staff, I'll give them credit, seemed really accommodating.

(Accessibility Continued):

  • Wheelchair Access: I can't 100% vouch for this. While there was an elevator and generally accessible areas, it's best to double-check with the hotel directly if this is a primary concern.
  • Facilities for Disabled Guests: Seemed to exist, but I couldn't fully assess them.
  • Elevator: Definitely present, which is a huge plus.

Rooms: Pretty Darned Comfortable (Ignoring the Coffee Maker's Meltdown):

My room was a spacious non-smoking haven (which is always a good start!). It was clean! And, the air con was a blessing. The bathroom (private, obviously) was large enough to do a small tap dance. The balcony offered a magnificent view of the sea. Seriously, the view! Made the slightly wonky, often disconnecting, wifi (more on that later) almost bearable.

(My Room, in Detail):

  • Air Conditioning: Crucial. Absolutely crucial.
  • Bathroom: Included (and the best-equipped bathroom of what I have seen), with an extra toilet was fantastic.
  • Balcony: Glorious. Absolutely life-changing on a sunny Greek afternoon.
  • Coffee/Tea Maker: Almost glorious. My coffee maker, however, put up a heroic fight before ultimately surrendering to my clumsy attempts to brew a proper cup. It was like it was actively TRYING to sabotage my mornings.
  • Internet Access: – LAN, Wireless, FREE Wi-Fi in all rooms!
    • The Wi-Fi Fiasco: Let's just say, the Wi-Fi situation was a bit…testy. At its best, it was sporadically reliable. At its worst, it disappeared into the ether, leaving me frantically searching for a signal like a digital lost soul. I'm being dramatic, but it's true. However, when it worked, it's free.
  • Soundproofing: Pretty good. Slept through a minor earthquake and only woke with a slight tremor in my coffee.
  • Additional Amenities: Safe, mini-bar, TV (didn't watch much, who has time?), and all the usual suspects.
  • Extra Long Bed: Yes! And that's all that matters.

Food, Glorious, Sometimes Questionable, Food:

The hotel offered a buffet, a la carte restaurant, and several other dining options, so let's break it down:

  • Breakfast (Buffet): Pretty standard. The usual suspects: eggs, bacon, pastries (oh, the pastries!), and some slightly odd-looking scrambled eggs. But hey, it's a buffet!
  • A la carte Restaurant (International Cuisine): Dinner in the a la carte restaurant was amazing. I had the best souvlaki of my life and then a weird ice cream but good ice cream.
  • Poolside Bar: This was where I spent most of my time. Cocktails, snacks, sea view…the holy trinity, essentially.
  • Other Options: There was a coffee shop (thank you, coffee gods!), a snack bar, and even options for Asian Cuisine. I had a fantastic happy hour in the evening!
  • Vegetarian Restaurant: No mention of a vegetarian restaurant, but several vegetarian options.
  • Breakfast Takeaway Service: Excellent for lazy mornings.

Relaxation Station: Spa Day! (Or at least, Attempting to Relax):

Alright, now we're getting to the good stuff. I had to try out the spa. I pictured myself, draped in luxurious linens, melting into a puddle of zen. The reality…well, it was pretty darn good!

  • Spa/Sauna/Steamroom: All available!
  • Massage: The massage was incredible. Seriously, pure bliss. I felt like all my worries were kneaded out of me. And boy, did I have worries at the time!
  • Pool with View: Gorgeous! Took a dip in the pool and the views were fantastic.
  • Fitness Center: Didn't use it, let's be honest. Vacation!
  • Body Wrap/Scrub/Foot Bath: All on offer! (I got the scrub, fantastic!)

Things to Do (Besides Worrying About the Wi-Fi):

  • Swimming Pool: Obviously! And there's an outdoor pool if you don't like the indoor one.
  • Beach Access: The beach was lovely, with plenty of places to relax and take photos.
  • Car Park [on-site]: Free, easy, and plentiful, which is a HUGE bonus.
  • Things to do: There were things to do! I will get back to it.

Cleanliness and Safety: (The Good News!)

This is where the Florida Blue Bay Hotel really shines. During the pandemic, they kept the premises spotless. You could practically eat off the floors (though I wouldn’t recommend it, in reality!). All of this was in a very well-maintained manner:

  • Anti-viral cleaning products: Check!
  • Daily disinfection in common areas: Check!
  • Hand sanitizer: Everywhere!
  • Hygiene certification: Right on!
  • Rooms sanitized between stays: They really did take it seriously.
  • Staff trained in safety protocol: You could tell!
  • Physical distancing of at least 1 meter: Mostly observed, which was reassuring.
  • Safe dining setup: Yes!
  • CCTV in common areas, Security [24-hour], Fire extinguisher, Smoke alarms, etc. All present and accounted for.

Services and Conveniences:

  • Front desk [24-hour]: Very handy. The staff were generally lovely and helpful (even when I was wildly exasperated by the Wi-Fi).
  • Concierge: Helpful with arranging transportation.
  • Daily housekeeping: My room was always spotless.
  • Laundry service, dry cleaning, ironing service: All available.
  • Luggage storage, Safe deposit boxes: Excellent for peace of mind.
  • Cash withdrawal, Currency exchange: Convenient.
  • Convenience store: For those emergency chocolate cravings.
  • Food delivery: Available, which is great.

For the Kids (and the Kid in Me):

  • Family/child friendly: Definitely. Though I didn’t travel with kids, there were clearly amenities.
  • Babysitting service: Always a plus!
  • Kids facilities, Kids meal: Available.

Getting Around:

  • Airport transfer, Taxi service, Car park: The hotel is perfect if you have a car, so I highly recommend it.
  • Car park [free of charge]: Another win!
  • Bicycle parking: Yes!

The Verdict?

Despite the Wi-Fi woes (which, let's be honest, were a major nuisance), the Florida Blue Bay Hotel offered a fantastic experience. The rooms were comfortable, the staff were efficient and helpful, the food was good, and the spa was a slice of heaven. The cleanliness and safety protocols were, frankly, reassuring.

Final rating: 4 out of 5 stars (deducting one star for the temperamental Wi-Fi).

My Honest-To-Goodness Recommendation:

This hotel is perfect for:

  • Couples seeking a romantic getaway.
  • Families looking for a comfortable and safe haven.
  • Anyone who wants a relaxing beach vacation with easy access to amenities.

Don't go if:

  • You absolutely require flawless, uninterrupted Wi-Fi access and cannot survive without it.
  • You're looking for a super-l
Escape to Paradise: Hotel Riva Petrovac, Montenegro - Your Dream Vacation Awaits!

Book Now

Florida Blue Bay Hotel Kato Rodini (Akhaia) Greece

Florida Blue Bay Hotel Kato Rodini (Akhaia) Greece

Okay, buckle up, buttercups! This itinerary isn't just a list, it's a vibe. Consider it less a perfectly-planned trip and more a loose sketch with a whole lotta personality – a portrait of me in Kato Rodini. And trust me, I'm a work in progress, just like this schedule.

Florida Blue Bay Hotel Kato Rodini: My Greek Odyssey (or, How I Almost Got Eaten by a Seagull)

Day 1: Arrival and the Great Tzatziki Catastrophe

  • Morning (Approximately 10:00 AM): Arrive at Araxos Airport. Argh, already a disaster! The flight was delayed (thanks, Ryan-something-or-other), and I swear the guy next to me on the plane was secretly training for a competitive snoring championship. Finally, customs! (And, of course, I’d forgotten my passport was still in my other suitcase.)
  • Afternoon (12:30 PM): Transfer to Florida Blue Bay. The airport transfer was an experience in itself, let's just say. I'm pretty sure our driver was auditioning for a role in "Fast & Furious: Greek Edition."
  • Afternoon (2:00 PM): Check in. Hotel is… well, it's clean! The view from my room is insane! I'm pretty sure the Mediterranean is actually blue! Gasp!
  • Afternoon (3:00 PM): Explore the hotel, scope the pool situation. This is crucial research, people. Pool looks good. The sun loungers, however, are claiming to be comfortable. I wouldn't bet on it.
  • Evening (6:00 PM): Mandatory first-night dinner at the hotel restaurant. Oh, the tzatziki. Oh, the tzatziki! I ordered a mountain of the stuff – basically, I wanted to bathe in it. It was… under-seasoned, let's just say. I'm pretty sure I saw a tear escape my eye. But hey, the fresh bread was amazing.
  • Evening (8:00 PM): Stroll along the beach. The beach! So beautiful! And I swear I heard a seagull cackle as it swooped down near my head, the bugger! Almost ate my gelato! Definitely a sign that I'm going to have to up my anti-seagull game.
  • Evening (9:00 PM): Staring intensely at the stars. They are ridiculously bright here. Reminding myself to be present, feel the breeze, and not worry about the lack of salt in the tzatziki. Maybe I'll try making it myself, because… how hard can it be? Famous last words…

Day 2: Sun, Sand, and the Great Beach Read Debacle!

  • Morning (9:00 AM): Wake up! I actually slept through my alarm. Score! Drag myself out to the breakfast buffet. The pastries are calling my name, I can already feel the sugar rush!
  • Morning (10:00 AM): Claim my sun lounger. This is a competitive sport, you know. Get the beach read, the sunscreen, and the determination to actually relax. But, of course, I forgot my sunglasses. Ugh!
  • Late Morning (11:00 AM): Beach read time! Except, I keep getting interrupted! Kids splashing, people chatting, a dog trying to steal my towel. It's pure chaos! I get distracted by the sheer, unadulterated beauty of the sea anyway.
  • Afternoon (1:00 PM): Lunch at the hotel's beachside restaurant. Ordered grilled octopus! It was chewy, and the lemon was a bit overpowering, but the view? 10/10.
  • Afternoon (3:00 PM): Determined to read. I got through, like, three pages. Then, I fell asleep. For, like, two hours! Woke up with a sunburn! I'm officially blaming the beach read. It's too distracting!
  • Afternoon (5:00 PM): Swim in the sea! The water is so clear and warm! Seriously. I felt like a mermaid. Until I nearly stepped on a sea urchin. Shivers.
  • Evening (7:00 PM): Sunset cocktails! The hotel bar makes a mean Aperol Spritz. Watching the sunset over the water. Melt
  • Evening (8:00 PM): Greek night at the hotel. Traditional music, dancing, and food! I attempted to dance like the locals, but ended up mostly flailing around. It was great fun, though! I managed not to embarrass myself too much. Okay, maybe just. A little.
  • Evening (10:00 PM): After-dinner drink. And… I'm already thinking about tzatziki recipes. This obsession is real.

Day 3: Day Trip! Historical Sites and High Hopes

  • Morning (8:00 AM): Set off on a day trip to Ancient Olympia. I really hope I don’t get sunburnt this time. Prepared for the long journey.
  • Morning (11:00 AM): Arrive in Olympia. Wow. The history here is mind-blowing! Walking in the footsteps of ancient athletes… it's just incredible. The Temple of Zeus is unbelievable! The information overload, however, does not compare to what I am seeing!
  • Afternoon (1:00 PM): Lunch in Olympia. I ate some lovely Greek salad and souvlaki. It was delicio- oh wait, I dropped a piece on the floor. Oops.
  • Afternoon (2:00 PM): Explore the Archaeological Museum of Olympia. See the statues, learn more about the games, and try to imagine life in ancient times. I was starting to feel a bit overwhelmed by the end.
  • Afternoon (4:00 PM): Head back to the hotel. Long bus ride! Exhausted from all the historical stuff.
  • Evening (7:00 PM): Dinner at the hotel. I went easy on the eating, I guess I needed it.
  • Evening (8:00 PM): Evening walk on the beach. Reflect on the trip, the history and everything.
  • Evening (9:00 PM): Relax to bed!

Day 4: More Messy, More Me

  • Morning (9:00 AM): More of the breakfast buffet. I'm kind of starting to befriend the staff. They probably know my coffee order by heart.
  • Morning (10:00 AM): Lay in the beach!
  • Afternoon (1:00 PM): Lunch at the hotel's beachside restaurant. Again!
  • Afternoon (3:00 PM): Read, or at least try.
  • Evening (7:00 PM): Dinner at the hotel. I start thinking what souvenir I should bring.
  • Evening (8:00 PM): Sunset!
  • Evening (9:00 PM): Walk on the beach. Enjoying the last moments.

Day 5: Departure (and Triumphant Tzatziki?)

  • Morning (8:00 AM): Final breakfast at the hotel. I decide to take on the challenge of the tzatziki. Time to put my recipe to the test!
  • Late Morning (9:00 AM): Make tzatziki! (Fingers crossed) So, I got some of the ingredients wrong, and may have added too much garlic, but hey it's a start!
  • Morning (10:00 AM): Beach time! The water is so sad and blue, knowing I'm leaving!
  • Afternoon (12:00 PM): Check out. Emotional farewell to my room.
  • Afternoon (1:00 PM): See the Airport! Time to go home. Thinking of the next time.

Final Thoughts:

This trip wasn't perfect. There were delays, some culinary disappointments, and a near-seagull abduction. But that’s the messy, beautiful truth of travel. It’s about the unplanned moments, the silly mistakes, the breathtaking sunsets, and yes, even the under-seasoned tzatziki. And in Kato Rodini, in the Florida Blue Bay, I found them all. I wouldn't trade it for anything. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a tzatziki recipe to perfect… Wish me luck!

Daphne Getaway: Unbeatable Comfort Suites Deals!

Book Now

Florida Blue Bay Hotel Kato Rodini (Akhaia) Greece

Florida Blue Bay Hotel Kato Rodini (Akhaia) Greece

Escape to Paradise: Oh My Gods! A FAQ for the Fickle Traveler

Okay, okay, the Florida Blue Bay Hotel in Greece... Seriously? Is this some kind of elaborate prank on all of us?

Prank? Honey, if paradise is a prank, then sign me up for the rest of the series! Look, I'll be honest, the name *is* a bit… optimistic. ‘Florida’ got me thinking I'd be wading through swamps, not gazing at the Aegean Sea. But trust me, Greek azure is a whole different beast. Forget the alligators. Here, it's all about the… well, let's just say the *blue* of the blue bay. It's breathtaking. The hotel? It's… charming. Let's go with "charming." Think slightly faded elegance, with a healthy dose of "we've seen better days, but we're still trying." Honestly, that's part of the appeal. It feels real. Not some plastic, cookie-cutter resort.

The Rooms: Are they clean? Because my inner germaphobe is already screaming.

Alright, let's talk cleanliness. My standards are HIGH. I'm talking "I judge hotels by their toilet paper quality" high. And, okay, the rooms aren't *surgical* clean. Let's be real. There might be a suspicious crumb or two that escaped the vacuum. But, and this is a BIG BUT, everything feels… looked after. The sheets were crisp (a triumph!), the bathroom was perfectly functional (hallelujah!), and the balcony… oh, the balcony. That's where the magic happens. Imagine waking up with the sun hitting you in the face. That is what it feels like. The worst part? I kept finding reasons to stay in bed! The view is just… sublime. The *rooms*, however, are nice. They really are. I like that.

Food, glorious food! What's the deal with the hotel's restaurants? And, even more importantly, is there gyros?

GYROS! Oh, thank Zeus, yes, there is gyros. And it's glorious. Okay, let's break it down. The main restaurant has a buffet situation. Buffets…can be hit or miss, right? But this one? Mostly hit. Fresh, locally sourced ingredients. Delicious feta. A surprising amount of vegetarian options (thank you, Greek gods!). The a la carte restaurant, the one with the 'fancy' name… Well, that’s where you NEED to go. Seriously. Get the grilled octopus. It’s… transcendent. This restaurant also has a great view of the water, which sets the mood. The fish is fresh. Is that enough for you? Also, yes, the gyros is available pretty much everywhere. Consider it the holy grail of Greek street food, only in Greece.

How's the Pool? Tell me the truth! Is it packed with screaming kids and inflatable flamingos?

Okay, this is where I had a mini-meltdown. I HATE screaming kids. And inflatable flamingos? Just… no. But the pool situation at the Florida Blue Bay? Surprisingly chill. Yes, there are kids. But the pool is big enough to accommodate them without feeling like a sardine. I think most of the folks there had a certain amount of decorum. It wasn't *completely* silent (this *is* a hotel, after all), but it was a pretty serene vibe. The sun loungers are comfy (a *huge* win), and bar service is available. And the best part? The pool overlooks the sea. You can float there, staring out at the horizon, and pretend you have all the time in the world. I did that almost every day. I miss it already!

Is the beach… sandy? And can I actually swim in the sea?

Yes! The beach is sandy (yay!). Soft, golden sand that practically begs you to wiggle your toes in it. The water? Crystal clear. And the swimming… Oh, the swimming! It's pure bliss. The sea is calm, warm, and so inviting. I spent hours just bobbing around, feeling the sun on my skin, and the cool water on my body. It's exactly what a vacation to Greece should be. You can rent a sunbed and umbrella, or just throw down a towel and claim your little piece of paradise. It was seriously one of the *best* parts of the whole trip. And let me tell you, I'm not easily impressed. This beach? Impressed. Totally.

What are the staff like? Are they friendly? Because I don't want to deal with rude people on my vacation.

The staff? They're just wonderful. Genuinely friendly, helpful, and always up for a chat. They made me feel like I was a guest in their home, not just a random tourist. I remember one of the waiters – this guy called Dimitri – he was *hilarious*. Every morning, he'd remember my coffee order (one shot of espresso, no sugar, because I'm high-maintenance, apparently). And the cleaning staff? They were so sweet. Always smiling, always making sure everything was just right. Seriously, the staff are the unsung heroes of this hotel. They made the whole experience that much better. They are genuine.

Okay, spill the tea: What was the *one* thing that went wrong while you were there? Be honest!

Alright, alright, you want the messy truth? Fine. One day, the air conditioning in my room decided to stage a full-blown coup. It just... stopped working. Cue the rapid descent into a sweaty, grumpy mess. I called reception (in my best panicked English), and they sent someone right away. They fixed it (eventually!), but let's just say the first few hours felt a *little* like being trapped in a sauna. Honestly, it wasn't a *massive* drama, but it was a reminder that even in paradise, things can occasionally go a little… awry. But hey, it added character, right? And it gave me a perfect excuse to sit by the pool and drink iced coffee while the repair guy did his thing. Also, a chance to get some Greek translation practice in.

Would you go back? Seriously, would you?

Without a single, solitary doubt. Absolutely. Yes. A thousand times, YES! Despite the air conditioning hiccup and the slight, *slight* shoddiness of the plumbing (another story for another time…), I loved it. I miss it already. The Florida Blue Bay Hotel isn't perfect, but that's exactly what makes it so… perfect. It's real. It's charming. It has the best gyros I've ever tasted. And that view? It's worth every penny, every slightly-sweaty moment, every questionable crumb. Consider meBudget Hotel Guru

Florida Blue Bay Hotel Kato Rodini (Akhaia) Greece

Florida Blue Bay Hotel Kato Rodini (Akhaia) Greece

Florida Blue Bay Hotel Kato Rodini (Akhaia) Greece

Florida Blue Bay Hotel Kato Rodini (Akhaia) Greece