Escape to Paradise: Hai Long Hotel, Vung Tau's Hidden Gem

Hai Long Hotel Vung Tau Vietnam

Hai Long Hotel Vung Tau Vietnam

Escape to Paradise: Hai Long Hotel, Vung Tau's Hidden Gem

Escape to Paradise: Hai Long Hotel, Vung Tau – Is It REALLY a Gem? (A Messy, Honest Review)

Alright, folks. Here's the lowdown on Hai Long Hotel in Vung Tau. "Escape to Paradise," they call it. Let's see if the reality matches the marketing fluff, shall we? Buckle up, because this review is gonna be… well, it's gonna be ME. Raw, unfiltered, and maybe a little bit discombobulated.

First Impressions: The Arrival & Accessibility – A Smooth(ish) Start

So, getting there. Accessibility: Look, I'm not in a wheelchair, but I appreciate a place that thinks about accessibility. Hai Long tries. They have an elevator, which is a HUGE plus. Facilities for disabled guests are listed, so hopefully, they're as advertised. The car park [free of charge] was a relief – finding parking in Vung Tau can be a nightmare. Airport transfer available? Score! (Although I'm guessing you'll be haggling on the price, it is Vietnam, after all). I'd call them up ahead of time and triple-check the ramp situation, though, just to be sure.

Check-in/out [express] and Contactless check-in/out – good for the germaphobes among us! (Me. I’m including myself). Front desk [24-hour] is always a win.

The Room – My Sanctuary or a Slightly-Better Hotel Room?

Okay, the room. Let's be real. Air conditioning, free Wi-Fi, and a refrigerator? Essentials. They were all there. My room's saving grace was the window that opens. Fresh air, baby! Breathing in the ocean air just felt…good.

That bed though? Now, it wasn’t the marshmallow cloud of my dreams, but the mattress was okay, I think I slept well enough. My back isn't killing me! Blackout curtains for a good night’s sleep. I'm a light sleeper, so that's important. There's also Interconnecting room(s) available.

The private bathroom was clean, hair dryer was appreciated because I had forgotten mine. Towels were… well, they were towels. Nothing fancy. And the slippers. Okay, those were nice. Little things, you know?

Cleanliness and Safety – Did They Actually Sanitize?

This is where things get… interesting. Post-pandemic paranoia is REAL. Rooms sanitized between stays is a promising sign. Their Anti-viral cleaning products and Daily disinfection in common areas eased some of my anxiety. They also used Professional-grade sanitizing services. I peeked! Okay, I didn’t really peek, but I imagined.

And the Hand sanitizer? Abundant. I love the little details like this-

Eating & Drinking – From Pho to Poolside Cocktails (Or Not?)

The Asian breakfast (or, let’s be honest, the attempt at an Asian breakfast) wasn't the highlight. The buffet in restaurant looked okay. I skipped it for the first couple of days, and got a good street food find instead.

They have a poolside bar, which is pretty appealing. The Pool with view? Absolutely worth it. I did get pretty happy with a simple cocktail. Coffee/tea in restaurant available, also a plus, but there were also Coffee shop options in the hotel.

The restaurants offer A la carte in restaurant, Asian cuisine in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant*, Vegetarian restaurant, and Western cuisine in restaurant. I mean, they have options.

Things to Do & Ways to Relax – Spa Day or Not?

The Fitness center was there, alright. I peeked in and then went back to my room to watch Netflix. My idea of fitness is walking to the pool, lol. But the Spa? YES. I love a good spa.

THIS, my friends, is where Hai Long truly shines. I splurged on a Body scrub and a Massage. Okay, maybe I had two massages. The Sauna, Steamroom, and Spa/sauna combo was glorious. The Pool with view was even better after.

My Favorite Thing About this Hotel

The pool. 100%. Beautiful view. The drinks are nice.

Services & Conveniences – The Extras That Make a Trip

Laundry service, Dry cleaning, and Daily housekeeping. I LOVE these guys! Having your room cleaned every day and fresh towels is a luxury.

And the Concierge? Well, let's say they tried. They were helpful with directions and recommendations, but a little slow. The main thing I do, is book my own tours etc.

They have Business facilities, if you're so inclined, including Xerox/fax in business center.

The Kids, The Family, The Weirdos

Family/child friendly, seems like a fair assessment. They also had Babysitting service!

Getting Around – Easy or a Struggle?

Taxi service available. Also a Car park [on-site] I kept my bike parked there.

The Verdict – Should You "Escape to Paradise?"

Okay, so, Hai Long isn't perfect. But it's good. It's a solid choice. It's… well, it’s pretty good. If you're looking for a comfortable, clean hotel with a decent spa, and killer views, and are willing to forgive a few imperfections, then yes, you should consider escaping to Hai Long.

Is it a "hidden gem?" Maybe. Diamonds have flaws, after all. But if you want to relax, eat some good food, and get a good spa treatment, you could certainly do worse.

Final Grade: B+

Escape to Paradise: Your Vung Tau Getaway Awaits at Hai Long Hotel!

Tired of the same old routine? Crave a break from the daily grind? Then it's time to Escape to Paradise! Hai Long Hotel, Vung Tau's hidden gem, offers a sanctuary of relaxation and rejuvenation, waiting to be discovered by YOU. Imagine waking up to breathtaking ocean views, taking a dip in our stunning pool with a view, and indulging in a massage at our tranquil spa.

Here's what makes Hai Long Hotel your perfect escape:

  • Unwind & Rejuvenate: Melt away stress with a luxurious Body scrub and Spa treatment. Our pool with a view offers the perfect spot to soak up the sun and sip on a refreshing cocktail from our Poolside bar.
  • Clean & Safe Haven: We prioritize your well-being with rigorous Anti-viral cleaning products and Rooms sanitized between stays. Feel secure while at our hotel, with our security [24-hour].
  • Delicious Dining: Enjoy a culinary adventure with our diverse dining options, from authentic Asian cuisine to international delights.
  • Comfort & Convenience: Stay connected with Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! and enjoy the convenience of 24-hour room service.

Book your escape NOW and receive a complimentary welcome drink upon arrival! PLUS! Enjoy 10% off all spa treatments when you book through our website!

Click here to Book your escape to Paradise: Hai Long Hotel! and start planning your perfect Vung Tau getaway today!

Escape to Paradise: Mercure Olbia Awaits in Italy!

Book Now

Hai Long Hotel Vung Tau Vietnam

Hai Long Hotel Vung Tau Vietnam

Alright, alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into my Vung Tau adventure, centered around the glorious (and sometimes slightly chaotic) Hai Long Hotel. Prepare for a bumpy, emotional, and probably grammatically incorrect ride. Don’t judge me; I'm running on pho fumes and the potent allure of the South China Sea.

Day 1: Arrival! (Or, "Help, My Luggage is Wearing a Hawaiian Shirt")

  • Morning (8:00 AM): Arrive at Tan Son Nhat International Airport (SGN), Saigon. Ugh, airports. The smell of jet fuel mixed with instant coffee always gets me. This time, though, it was more like jet fuel, instant coffee, and, for some reason, a hint of pineapple. My luggage? Nowhere to be seen. Apparently, it's currently enjoying a tropical vacation somewhere other than Vietnam. Fantastic.
  • Mid Morning (10:00 AM): Finally, after wrangling a very enthusiastic (and slightly sweaty) taxi driver, we start the drive to Vung Tau. The roads? Let's just say they're… an experience. Motorbikes zip around like caffeinated fireflies, and the horns? Forget it. It's a symphony of chaos, but a beautiful one. I love it.
  • Early Afternoon (12:00 PM): Arrive at Hai Long Hotel! Yes! The picture on Booking .com didn't lie, it's right on the long beach, the one everyone goes to. Check-in was smooth-ish. The receptionist was super friendly. She did have an eyebrow piercing which was cool. I got my key and immediately discovered my room. It was a bit smaller than advertised, and the "ocean view" was… mostly the building next door. Still, the promise of the beach just a few sandy steps away was enough to make me forget about my missing clothes.
  • Late Afternoon (2:00 PM): Okay, no more stalling. Time for the beach! Oh, the beach. And the water was warm, and I just wanted to drink it all up but I couldn't because I was hungry.
  • Evening (6:00 PM): Dinner at a local seafood restaurant. Holy. Moly. The fresh seafood, grilled with a little chili and garlic, was absolutely divine. I practically inhaled a plate of grilled prawns. One thing: watch out for the fish bones. I had a close call, and I almost choked myself. Still, would do it again.
  • Night (8:00 PM): Stroll along the beach. The waves are crashing, there's a gentle breeze, and the moon casts a beautiful glow on the water. I'm feeling blissed out. Then, I remembered my luggage. Panic sets in again. Still, it was a beautiful walk and I was happy.

Day 2: The Big Jesus Statue and More (Or, "My Lungs Are Burning, But It Was Worth It")

  • Morning (8:00 AM): Breakfast at the hotel. The buffet had an interesting mix of Western and Vietnamese fare. I went for the pho. It was good, though not the best I've ever had. I had to resist the urge to steal a second bowl.
  • Mid Morning (9:30 AM): Conquered Nui Lon Mountain and the Christ of Vung Tau statue. This was a climb, okay? Like, seriously. My legs are still screaming. The statue itself is impressive, but the real payoff is the view from the top. I mean, the panorama over Vung Tau is amazing. Okay, you know what? It was worth it. I can breathe.
  • Lunch (12:00 PM): After all that climbing, I deserve another plate of seafood, right? And, oh man, the food from the restaurant I go to near the hotel wasn't like the one I had last night at all. The flavor wasn't the same, and it was a bit expensive.
  • Afternoon (2:00 PM): Beach time! My favorite. The sand is powdery and the water is inviting. I find a spot, plunk myself down, and just be. It's absolute heaven. I also almost got roasted in the sun when I just sat there for almost 5 hours.
  • Evening (6:00 PM): Back to the restaurant, but this time I'll try another seafood restaurant. Maybe this one won't have bones?
  • Night (9:00 PM): Drinks at a beachfront bar. The cocktails are strong, the music is pumping, and I'm officially starting to feel like a local.

Day 3: Markets, Motorbikes, and a Bittersweet Farewell (Or, "I'm Leaving, But My Heart…")

  • Morning (8:00 AM): Sleep in! Whoo! But I still went for breakfast. I wonder if they noticed how much I ate there.
  • Mid Morning (10:00 AM): Exploring the local market. Oh. My. God. The smells, the colors, the energy! I haggled for souvenirs, tried some weird and wonderful fruits (durian… is an experience) and felt like I was in the middle of a movie.
  • Lunch (12:00 PM): A quick bite at a street-side stall. The food is cheap, delicious, and… how do I put it… exciting. I'm not sure what I ate, but it was good.
  • Afternoon (2:00 PM): Motorbike tour of the city. We went through the streets and the neighborhoods. I was going to die of laughter.
  • Late Afternoon (4:00 PM): Back to the beach, for one last sunset. This time, I actually take it in. The sky is ablaze with color, and I feel… content. I’m going to miss this. A lot.
  • Evening (6:00 PM): Dinner and packing. I eat at a noodle house, one last hit of Vietnamese flavor. And I finally had a call from the airlines. The luggage. It's supposed to arrive in Saigon tomorrow. I feel… a bit relieved.
  • Night (9:00 PM): Depart from Vung Tau and travel to Saigon.

Final Thoughts:

Hai Long Hotel? It's fine. Clean, the staff is friendly, and the location is perfect. Would I recommend it? Absolutely! But it's Vung Tau and the whole experience that got to me. The chaos, the culture, the food, and the feeling of freedom. It's magic. I'll definitely be back. Also, someone find my suitcase!

Steigenberger Aqua Magic: Your Red Sea Paradise Awaits (Hurghada, Egypt)

Book Now

Hai Long Hotel Vung Tau Vietnam

Hai Long Hotel Vung Tau Vietnam

Escape to Paradise: Hai Long Hotel - Or, You Know, *Vung Tau-ish*

(Let's just be real, it's not exactly a *paradise* paradise... but it's got its charms... and a hell of a story or two.)

So, Is This Place REALLY a "Hidden Gem?" Because my expectations are... well, they *are* a bit high.

Okay, let's get real. "Hidden gem" might be some marketing fluff. It's more like… a *discovered* gem, you know? Like, not *everybody* knows about it, which is nice. It's in a quieter part of Vung Tau, which is already a win. I wouldn't go in expecting the Taj Mahal. Think more… cozy grandma's beach house that's seen a few parties. It IS nice though! The views are amazing, if you get the right room. I mean, I saw some people, *actual people*, getting legit emotional when they saw their balcony view of the ocean. Me? I cried when I found a cockroach scuttling under my bed. So, you know, your mileage may vary. It's charming, but definitely not *perfect*. And honestly, that's part of the appeal, isn't it?

What's the Vibe? Like, Am I Going to Be Surrounded by Loud Tourists Shouting Bingo?

Thank GOD, no Bingo. Mostly. The clientele is pretty relaxed, a mix of Vietnamese families, a few adventurous expats, and the occasional lost backpacker. It's chilled. No all-inclusive resorts here. You're more likely to hear the gentle lapping of the waves, maybe some karaoke from a nearby bar (it's Vietnam, embrace it – or at least tolerate it!), and the chatty clatter of a family dinner. I went during the off-season, and it was practically deserted, which was *heaven* for me. My peace was only occasionally interrupted by the hotel staff knocking on my door, asking if they should throw away my room service. It might be more buzzing during the peak season but from what I've heard, it's not like those massive, soul-crushing mega-resorts. *shudders*

The Rooms... Are They, You Know, Clean-ish? I'm a Bit of a Germaphobe.

Alright, let's address the elephant in the room. Cleanliness... is… *relative*. I'm not going to lie. It's not a sterile environment. My room was...lived in. Look, the cleaning staff works hard (bless their hearts), but standards probably aren't *quite* up to Western expectations. But hear me out. I'm also a bit of a germaphobe. I brought wipes and sprayed everything down. Seriously. After that, I felt okay. Focus on the view, the fresh air, the fact that you ARE ON VACATION. Maybe bring some anti-bacterial wipes, just in case. But don’t let it ruin your experience. It's Vietnam, you are allowed to be a little adventurous/flexible. I saw a lizard on the balcony one morning, and I chose to make friends with it. Don't expect perfection, accept charm. You’ll be fine. Probably.

What's the Ocean Like? Can I Actually Swim?

Yes! You can totally swim. The beach is right there! (You know, assuming you can beat the stray dogs to it. They also enjoy the beach. Seriously, they love swimming). The water quality… varies. Sometimes it's crystal clear, other times… well, let's just say it has a certain… *oceanic* character. But it IS warm, it IS the sea! It's not the Caribbean, people. It's Vietnam. Some days, you can practically see the ocean floor. Other days… well, I'd recommend sticking to the shallow end. But the beach is gorgeous, sandy, long, and PERFECT for a stroll. I spent hours listening to the waves and ignoring the world. Best therapy ever!

Food! What's the Food *Actually* Like? And is it safe to eat? (I'm looking at you, street food!)

Okay, I'm going to level with you. The hotel restaurant is fine. It's convenient, especially if you're feeling lazy, or you're exhausted after a day of exploring. The breakfast is included, and it's a decent buffet (eggs, fruit, noodles, the usual). The food isn't going to blow your mind, but it's perfectly edible. And they make a mean iced coffee. My personal recommendation? Go explore the local restaurants. This is where the *real* fun (and the *real* food) is! Trust me. Try the fresh seafood. Go to the local market. Take some risks! (But maybe start slow with the street food. Don't go full-throttle on your first day. My stomach is telling me this from experience.) I had the best Banh Mi of my life about two blocks away from the hotel. Local restaurants are safe, affordable, and a must-try! If you want perfection, stay inside the hotel though. Also, there are local dogs that you might want to evade.

Is There Anything to *Do* In Vung Tau Besides, you know, swim?

YES! Absolutely. Vung Tau is WAY more than just a beach. I would say that it wasn’t exactly busy, and there weren’t any tourist traps. You can climb the Big Jesus statue (the views from up there are insane). You can wander around the White Palace (very instagrammable). There's a lighthouse you can visit. You can rent a motorbike (if you're brave; the traffic is… *lively*). There are temples, markets, and plenty of little cafes to discover. Honestly, I just loved wandering around, getting lost, and stumbling upon random things. One day, I ended up in a tiny little fishing village. I ended up eating some of the freshest squid I've ever had. I also got totally lost in the process, but that's part of the adventure, right? Trust me, it’s not the kind of place you get bored in.

Transportation: How Do I Get Around? Is it Horribly Expensive?

Getting around is easy and cheap! Taxis are readily available and relatively inexpensive. Just make sure the meter is running, or you negotiate the price beforehand. You can also use Grab (the Southeast Asian version of Uber/Lyft) which is super convenient. I was especially fond of Grab bikes! It’s even CHEAPER! If you're adventurous, rent a motorbike. Just be prepared for some… interesting… driving experiences. The buses are even cheaper but are probably too inconvenient. Just relax and have fun with it.

Any Tips for Avoiding Disaster? (Because, let's face it, I'm Accident-Prone.)

Low Price Hotel Blog

Hai Long Hotel Vung Tau Vietnam

Hai Long Hotel Vung Tau Vietnam

Hai Long Hotel Vung Tau Vietnam

Hai Long Hotel Vung Tau Vietnam