Escape to Paradise: Bluroc Huahin's Stunning Pool Views!
Escape to Paradise: Bluroc Huahin - My (Mostly) Glorious Dive into Pool Views!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I just got back from a whirlwind trip to Escape to Paradise: Bluroc Huahin, and let me tell you, it was a journey. Forget straight lines and predictable reviews, this is my messy, honest, and occasionally hilarious take on this supposed “paradise.” Consider this your insider's guide, warts and all. Buckle up!
The "Oh My God, Look at THAT Pool!" Factor (and Other Immediate Impressions):
First things first: Those pool views. Seriously. They are the main hook, the siren song, the reason you're probably even considering this place. And yeah, they're pretty damn spectacular. Pictures don't do it justice. Imagine infinity pools cascading down towards the ocean; crystal clear water glinting in the sun. Now, picture yourself in said pool… ahhh, sheer bliss. The Pool with view is the star, and honestly, it almost justifies the price tag alone. Almost.
Accessibility: The Road Less Traveled (and Sometimes Blocked):
Okay, accessibility. This is where things got a little… complicated. While the website mentions Facilities for disabled guests, it’s not exactly crystal clear. Elevators are present, which is a huge win! But navigating the property felt a little hit-or-miss. I didn't personally need a wheelchair accessible room, but I did notice some ramps looked a little steep, and pathways could be a bit uneven. Accessibility, while present to some extent, could definitely be improved. They really need to clarify this aspect. This would be a huge selling point for many guests, and they are missing out by not being clearer with their listing details.
Rooms: Sanctuary or Sardine Can? (It Depends)
My room? Okay, let's get real. The Air conditioning? Glorious. Absolutely essential in the Huahin heat. The Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!? Worked like a charm. Thank goodness! The Air conditioning in public areas was also a relief. The Additional toilet was a nice touch, and the Wake-up service actually worked (a miracle in itself!). My room was non-smoking, but I did see designated Smoking areas, which is something to consider for those who need them.
The room itself? Clean. Spotlessly clean. The Daily housekeeping was efficient and thorough. But…well, the aesthetics. Let's just say the décor was… modern. Think clean lines, a bit minimalist. Some may call it sleek, I actually thought it was a little cold and sterile, but this just depends on your preference - it wasn't a deal-breaker.
The In-room safe box provided peace of mind, and the hair dryer was a lifesaver after a dip in the pool. Bathrobes and slippers? Yup. Nice touch. And the blackout curtains? Essential for sleeping in after a day of frolicking. I did appreciate the complimentary tea and free bottled water. Every little bit helps!
The Food & Drink Fiasco (With a Sprinkle of Delight):
Okay, the food situation… this is where things went from "pretty good" to "hmmm, needs work." The Asian breakfast was… passable. Look, I’m not a breakfast snob, but it wasn’t exactly a culinary revelation. The Breakfast [buffet] was… okay. The Coffee/tea in restaurant was decent, but not amazing. The Coffee shop was a great touch.
The Restaurants themselves look nice. The Bar looked inviting. I was happy to sample the poolside bar which was great. The Poolside bar was fantastic. The Happy hour was a lifesaver, especially after a day of exploring.
I did sample the Asian cuisine in restaurant, I enjoyed the experience. A la carte in restaurant food was on offer. There was a Vegetarian restaurant option. And the desserts in restaurant were pretty good.
The Room service [24-hour] came to the rescue one night when I was completely zonked out. I was quite happy to get.
The "Relaxation Station" (AKA: Spa, Gym, and… More Pools!):
Okay, so I'm supposed to tell you about the Spa, Massage, Sauna, Steamroom, Foot bath, and Gym/fitness, right? Well… I heard good things, but frankly, I was too busy swimming and basking in the sun. I swear, I spent about 90% of my time in that gorgeous pool. It was truly therapeutic. So, make of that what you will. I did see people using the Fitness center, it seemed reasonably well-equipped. It's there though, and if you're into that kind of thing, you are in luck!
There was also a Body scrub and Body wrap on offer in the spa.
Cleanliness and Safety - A Very Important Subject:
I'll tell you, in a post-Covid world, I was very impressed. Cleanliness was a top priority. The hotel uses Anti-viral cleaning products, has Daily disinfection in common areas, and the staff are trained in safety protocol. They even offer room sanitization opt-out available. Very reassuring. The Hand sanitizer was everywhere. And you could see they're taking this all seriously, which is definitely a plus as a guest.
Services & Conveniences - Let's Talk About Perks…
The Concierge was helpful. The Laundry service was good. Cash withdrawal was available at the hotel. They have a Convenience store which is a lifesaver. Food delivery was available, I heard some people were getting their food.
Things to Do (Besides Pool Time):
Okay, so besides the epic pool, what else is there? The hotel is located a little further out than the main town, so you're going to need to get around somehow. The Car park [free of charge] is a plus. The Taxi service is available. However, I would also like to mention that there's Car park [on-site] and Valet parking. Then there are Airport transfer, Bicycle parking, and Car power charging station.
I didn't see many other things to do on-site, which is okay.
For the Kids (Because, Let's Face It, We All Have Kids… Sometimes):
I didn’t travel with any kids, but they do cater. The Babysitting service could be helpful. They have Kids facilities and a Kids meals. It’s definitely a Family/child friendly hotel if you are looking for that.
The Nitty-Gritty (aka, What You Really Need to Know):
- Internet Access: The Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! was a lifesaver. I did enjoy the Internet [LAN] as well. The Internet services worked great.
- Dining, drinking, and snacking: A lot of options.
- Services: They offer Laundry service as well as Dry cleaning, which is very helpful.
- Getting around: I found the Taxi service very useful.
My (Mostly) Glowing Recommendation - But With a Caveat:
Would I go back to Escape to Paradise: Bluroc Huahin? Honestly? Yes. Absolutely. The pool views alone make it worth it. The cleanliness and safety protocols are reassuring.
BUT…
It's not perfect. The food needs work. The accessibility needs to be clarified. And it’s not exactly cheap. However, if you're looking for a stunning, Instagram-worthy pool experience and are okay with a few minor imperfections, book it. You'll probably love it. Just manage your expectations, pack your swimsuit, and prepare to be amazed by those pool views.
Final Score: 8.5/10 (Minus points for the food and accessibility hiccups, but major points for the pool!)
Escape to Matsue: Adults-Only Hotel with FREE Parking!Okay, buckle up buttercups, because planning a trip to Hua Hin is like trying to herd cats while simultaneously wrestling a rogue mango. But hey, I'm in, and let's get ridiculously real about this Bluroc Huahin Pool View adventure. I'm calling it "The Sunshine & Saltwater Therapy Experiment" because, frankly, I need a good dose of both.
The Messy, Imperfect Hua Hin Itinerary (Because Life Isn't a Brochure):
Day 1: Arrival, Existential Crisis, and Poolside Delusions
Morning (or whenever the jet lag decides to let me surface): Landed at Bangkok (BKK). The flight was… a flight. You know how it goes: cramped leg space, screaming babies, the existential dread of being suspended 30,000 feet in the air. But hey, we made it. Now, the real challenge: surviving the taxi ride to Hua Hin. Anecdote: Our driver seemed to think the accelerator was an on/off switch. I swear, my stomach did a few loop-de-loops.
Afternoon: FINALLY, Bluroc Huahin. Pool View, you say? Okay, I’m sold. The check-in process was… Thai. Let's just say, patience is a virtue, and I'm still working on that one. But the room? HEAVEN. Seriously. That pool view promised? Delivered. Quirky Observation: There's a little gecko clinging to the balcony, eyeing me with the same suspicion I'm giving the mini-bar prices.
Late Afternoon/Early Evening: Poolside. This is where the real "therapy" is supposed to kick in. Sunscreen applied, book in hand (probably won't read a single page, but hey, it looks good). Emotional Reaction: The sheer bliss of floating in that pool after the journey… pure, unadulterated joy. I could stay here forever. Ordered a Chang beer and already feel like I have been a better person.
Evening: Dinner. Okay, the TripAdvisor reviews for local restaurants are, as always, a mixed bag of "amazing" and "avoid like the plague." I'm torn. Messier Structure: Okay, okay, I'm going to be honest. After the flight, the taxi, the check-in… I'm starving, but also a little overwhelmed. Think Pad Thai. Think messy noodles, and hopefully not, a ruined stomach. I will let you know. Decided on a super local place. *Opinionated Language: The best Thai food is always where the locals go, even if it *looks* sketchy. Let's see if my guts agree.*
Day 2: Beach Day, Market Mayhem, and a Massage That Might Change My Life
Morning: The beach! Finally, the beach. Anecdote: The sun here is intense. I have already come to the conclusion that I need to lather it on. I head to the beach. I am not sure if I will make it to the beach at all. The walk seems hot. Quirky Observation: The waves are more like gentle whispers than roaring ocean. Perfect for someone who basically swims like a drowning cat.
Lunch: Beachfront restaurant. Stronger emotional reactions: The seafood was fresh, the view was spectacular, and the only interruption of my bliss was that loud family that were always present. But I was happy and well fed.
Afternoon: Hua Hin Night Market. Messier Structure: Okay, market time. The aromas hit you first: grilled seafood, sweet fruits, the general chaos of a thousand things going on at once. It's overwhelming, but in the best possible way. Time to fight through the crowds. Got great food. Opinionated Language: You have to haggle! Don't be shy. It's part of the fun (and the price!). Buying souvenirs.
Late Afternoon/Early Evening: This is it. The moment of truth. Massage time. Doubling Down on the Experience: Okay, I'm going ALL IN on the Thai massage. I'm picturing a release of all the tension, all the knots, all the… well, everything. I want to emerge from that massage a brand new human. Report coming up later.
Evening: Reflecting on the day, mostly in a daze. Emotional Reaction: That massage. Oh. My. God. It was… transformative. Pure bliss, followed by the feeling of having been gently wrung out like a dishcloth. Worth every penny. Think I may have found a new addiction.
Day 3: Temples, Trains, and a Farewell Feast (Maybe?)
Morning: Day trip to a local temple. Trying to be "cultured" (or at least pretending to be). Hoping my sore muscles will allow me to climb the stairs. Messier Structure: Okay, I need to look at some temples, but I'll be honest, it's the food that's really driving me. Should I wear a skirt? I always feel awkward.
Lunch: Another local place. Opinionated Language: Finding food is crucial in Thailand. Research online. And if it works for you, go with it.
Afternoon: The train to Cha-am. Rambles: Okay, so the train ride, what's that gonna be like? I hope there is no screaming. More pool time?
Late Afternoon/Early Evening: Farewell dinner. Stronger emotional reactions: Well, it's almost over. So far, the food has been great. Planning where to go. Going for a big dinner with the best of everything.
Evening: Last-minute souvenir shopping. Quirky Observations: Somehow, I always end up buying something I don't need. I'm blaming it on the jet lag and the Chang beer. Packing up and trying to remember how much I paid for anything.
Day 4: Departure (Maybe Already Dreaming of a Return)
Morning: The hardest part. Packing and leaving. The end of our trip, but a lot of memories.
Afternoon: Heading to the airport.
There you have it. A messy, opinionated, and hopefully, hilarious account of my trip to Hua Hin. The pacing here might not be perfect, some days are better than others. I definitely might change things as I go… because, let’s be honest, that's how life works. Cheers to sunshine, saltwater, and the adventures (and imperfections) that make a trip worthwhile!
Ibis Milano Fiera: Unbeatable Lainate Hotel Deals You Won't Believe!Escape to Paradise: Bluroc Huahin's Stunning Pool Views - FAQ (and a bit of a rant...)
Alright, alright, you’ve seen the photos. You’re drooling. I get it. Bluroc Huahin and that infinity pool situation? Devine. But before you go, let’s get some things STRAIGHT. I've just got back and I'm still processing it, honestly. So, here's the unofficial, unedited, and slightly-too-honest FAQ.
1. Is the pool REALLY as good as it looks? Like, seriously?
Okay, deep breaths. Yes. YES! It’s…well, it's the reason you’re going, isn’t it? That shimmering, blue, Instagram-famous nectar of the gods. Imagine… sun on your skin, a cocktail in hand (more on those later), and that endless horizon merging with the pool water. It’s… *chef's kiss*. Except, and this is just ME, I’m not the best swimmer. So, I mostly paddled in the shallow end, watching the brave souls doing actual laps. Felt a bit… inadequate, if I'm honest. My husband, he's a fish. He probably spent half his time underwater, just laughing at me.
But seriously, the view? Unbeatable. Just…get there early to snag a good sun lounger. That's my advice.
2. Room Views: Pool Side or Sea Side? Which wins?
Okay, so this is a tough one. The Sea View, obviously, has the... well, the sea. And a lovely sunset, I'm sure. We didn't get one, because… life. Clouds. But I *imagine* they're glorious. However... I stayed in a Pool View room. And it was a game changer. You basically roll out of bed and directly into pool-view paradise. You could watch the sun rise over the pool while still half asleep. It’s just… immediate gratification. Plus, pool-side rooms often have direct access to the, you guessed it, *pool*. So... pool view, for me. I’m a sucker for that instant gratification. Plus, I could hear the pool party from my room all evening! (And yes, the sea is nearby, its sound could be heard clearly.)
3. The Cocktails. Are they… worth it? The price, I mean.
Okay, honest moment. The cocktails are *pricey*. Let's not pretend otherwise. But here’s the thing: you’re on vacation. You’re surrounded by something stunning. And, in my opinion, they were actually really, really good. I tried the… I think it was called a "Huahin Sunset" or something equally cliché. Don't remember. Too many. But I do remember the way the sun hit it, the tiny parasol, and the feeling of pure, unadulterated relaxation. Pure. Unadulterated. Relaxation… after a third one, honestly. I think I ordered four. Then ordered room service.
My advice? Budget for it. Or pre-drink in your room. No judgement.
4. What About the Food? What if I'm a picky eater?
Look, I'm not going to lie. I'm a slightly above average eater. I like my food. I don't like to be overly adventurous when it comes to new tastes. The breakfast buffet was a winner. Lots of options. Classic stuff like pancakes. Sausages. Eggs. The standard fare. The things I'm familiar with. Delicious. Dinner was where things got… interesting. The restaurant is beautiful. Candles. Linen. I enjoyed the experience. But I ordered the seafood, and it was presented VERY creatively. Which, I know, is fancy. But really, I just wanted something simple. Something I knew. Should have stuck to the classics. My fault, probably. The picky eater in me came out. So, if you’re a picky eater, stick to what you know. They have burgers. Always a safe bet. Otherwise, be prepared for some artistic plating!
5. Is it kid-friendly?
Hmm... Depends. It's not actively hostile to kids, but it’s also not a dedicated kid-centric resort. Big, open spaces, and fancy things like glass elevators and shiny things. You know, things children adore. There’s a nice shallow pool. *But* I’d say this is more of a couple’s getaway, or a "treat yourself" kind of place. I saw *a few* kids, but they seemed… well-behaved. My kids, however, would have run riot and splashed everyone. So, you be the judge. If you have well-behaved kids, I wouldn’t be overly concerned. If you have kids who are, shall we say, enthusiastically curious? Maybe not the best fit. Maybe send the grandparents instead. Just a thought.
6. The Staff: Were they nice?
Honestly, the staff were lovely. Friendly. Attentive. Constantly smiling. You know, that Thai hospitality thing. They even acted like they didn't notice me fumbling a tray of mini-quiches at breakfast. (Mortifying, by the way.) They were always helpful with directions. Always willing to flag down a taxi (which, by the way, *haggle* on the price!). They made the stay feel way less chaotic than it otherwise might have been. Especially given the state of my hair after a day spent in the pool - I could have been mistaken for a wet rat. Nope, the staff were fantastic. 10/10 for the staff! I almost forgot to tip. I fixed it. I always tip. After the quiche incident, I felt I had to.
7. Anything else I should know? Hidden gems? Tips?
Okay, here’s the lowdown. First, pack light. You’ll live in swimwear and a sarong. Second, *book those spa treatments*. The massage was… *heaven*. Third, Huahin itself is worth exploring beyond the hotel. Night markets with delicious food. Cute little shops. (Although, again, the cocktails tempted me. And a shopping spree is what ended up happening.) Forth, if you're like me, and can't relax, TAKE A BREATH. Look, no one's perfect. I spent the first day stressing about… everything. Laundry. My tan. The lack of decent coffee. (They have it, I just didn't look hard enough.) It was stupid. So, chill out. Enjoy the view. Have a cocktail. Or two. Or four. You deserve it. Most importantly, embrace the imperfections. Let your hair get salty. Don’t stress. Just. Breathe. That's the REAL escape to paradise.